Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubby Kudos and 1st protein shake

So my kids (12 &10) have been so interested this journey to have weight loss surgery. Last night my younger one asked my hubby is he planned on doing the surgery too. I told my son no, and he then proceeded to ask his Dad why he didn't want to do it the 'easy way' like me. My hubby quickly chimed in saying there nothing about what Mommy is doing that "easy". He explained to him the lifelong commitment I have to make in what and how much I eat. He told him I was just doing a different way-- not easier. It made my heart so happy to hear him explain that to him :-) I knew my hubby supported me-- but I wasn't sure if he really got the 'full' picture of this.

I'm pre-surgery and trying to get used to Protein Shakes. I just have my first one-- a Syntax nectar Sweets vanilla Bean Torte. I had it with 8oz of 1% milk. It was good; but honestly a little on the sweet side. Next time I'll try it with skim milk and ice to see if it can be watered down a bit. My surgeon wants Protein shakes with Water for the 2 week pre-op diet, so I'll need to try it anyway.

I have to say I'm feeling a little funny after drinking it. Not queasy-- but my head seems like its spinning a bit.

I also have body tech protein in chocolate and french vanilla to try; as well as another brand; but I may let that one sit cause its seems high in calories.

If you haven't tried the Premier Protein shakes (ready-made) you might want to give them a try. chocolate is the only one I can recommend because it's my favorite! Pre-op and today! :)

You can also use unflavored Protein Powder with Water Enhancer flavor drops added to Water to control the calories and sweetness. And it will be less boring down the road! As for your kids, maybe get a book - there are several out there - on WLS, so they can see what is done, how it is done, and can then see for themselves this is NOT an easy thing, especially after they see what you will have to go through. Good luck to you!

I too am a premier Protein chocolate fan. It is the only Protein Drink I can tolerate.the chocolate is fabulous, the vanilla too sweet for me.

But then again, I no longer touch sweets they actually don't taste good to me at all. Thank goodness because before surgery I had the worst sweet tooth ever!

Now it does not bother me if someone has dessert at all.

So my kids (12 &10) have been so interested this journey to have weight loss surgery. Last night my younger one asked my hubby is he planned on doing the surgery too. I told my son no, and he then proceeded to ask his Dad why he didn't want to do it the 'easy way' like me. My hubby quickly chimed in saying there nothing about what Mommy is doing that "easy". He explained to him the lifelong commitment I have to make in what and how much I eat. He told him I was just doing a different way-- not easier. It made my heart so happy to hear him explain that to him :-) I knew my hubby supported me-- but I wasn't sure if he really got the 'full' picture of this.

I'm pre-surgery and trying to get used to Protein shakes. I just have my first one-- a Syntax nectar Sweets vanilla Bean Torte. I had it with 8oz of 1% milk. It was good; but honestly a little on the sweet side. Next time I'll try it with skim milk and ice to see if it can be watered down a bit. My surgeon wants Protein Shakes with Water for the 2 week pre-op diet, so I'll need to try it anyway.

I have to say I'm feeling a little funny after drinking it. Not queasy-- but my head seems like its spinning a bit.

I also have body tech Protein in chocolate and french vanilla to try; as well as another brand; but I may let that one sit cause its seems high in calories.

try adding PB2 to the vanilla bean and the chocolate.you can get it at GNC and at Walmart i also have added almond milk to kick up the protein. many recipes to try while on pre opt diet. I'm currently on it also it is my second day and had to add a second scoop of Protein Powder to a premade shake because i was feeling light headed yesterday