Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Australia.... have set a target weight loss for August 7th

I think a bit of background is needed for this!

I had a real nightmare fill 3 weeks ago which, even though it was done under x ray took 16 stabs (yes I did say SIXTEEN!) with the needle to locate the particularly deep and oddly angled port. In the end they had to use an extra long needle to do the fill. My aftercare team are very experienced and said that this was the most challenging fill they've ever done. It has been suggested that I may have to have the port repositioned to facilitate fills if I need lots of adjustments.:):(:D:(

I have to say that if this was not the case I would have booked my second fill by now, but the thought that they may struggle or want to do a repositioning is putting me off tbh. :(

With this in mind I am working with my current restriction by avoiding solids until the evening to maintain my restriction for the evening, which, like a lot of peeps is my 'danger' time! :nervous

I have booked my hols to Australia in August this year and have decided to set myself a 'stretching' target weightloss for the next 9 weeks of 3lb per week. My surgeon says that this is safe and achievable with the 'right restriction' at my current weight (18st 4lb) although he did say that I could not expect it once I get down to a bmi of less than 35 (apparently I should expect 2lb per week after that!)

As my restriction is not all that it could/should be, I am making a concerted effort to limit my intake and ensure I make at least a 2lb weight loss per week (3lb would be nice and the ultimate goal but my back up target is 2lb so I won't be disappointed!) I will then consider another fill once I get back from Oz, when hopefully, my port will not be so buried in my substantial layers of fat!!!

Is this a reasonable aim or am I just setting myself up for a fall? :)

sounds reasonable to me. At least with a target in mind, you are much more likely the lose the weight in a reasonable amount of time. I wish all the luck in the world and I now understand why you are so strict with your exercise routine. Let us know how you get on!

Hi anon

Don't let that awful fill put you off as I also had a nightmare 1st fill under xray. I was bleeding loads because they kept trying to reposition the needle etc. My second fill was a blind fill by the nurse and literally took 2 mins. I was so scared but it was sooooooooo easy the second time around so don't let it put you off and also remember the weight that you loose between each fill is going to make it easier for them to find the port.

I have seriously lost my way the last couple of weeks and have def gained but am too scared to step on the scales. I just can't seem to stop eating choc!!! Anyway I am also going to aim to do the 3lb a week loss as I have a wedding in Cyprus in Sept to go to. What are you planning to eat so that I can try and see if we are both eating the same kinda portion sizes etc.

I mostly post my food intake on the bandsters what did you eat today thread, so if you're interested have a peek on there!

I know the overeating problem well, the real plus is that I even on a 'binge' day I can only manage around 2000 calories!

So far this week I've lost nothing, again! Last week was really good with a 3 1/2lb loss.... so I ate everything I wanted to!

I don't think I could have a blind fill if I wanted one, I can't even feel my port at the moment. I might have a fill soon though, I just want to get on with it. I've lost another 4kg since my last fill, but I am aware that it's because I've made the effort to lose weight, not because I have good, consistent restriction. Although it's really good today!

My plan is to eat 2 Meal Replacements and one meal everyday with extra veg and fruit to keep my intake of them up. I'm aiming for 70g pro tein a day and at least 5 portions of fruit and veg. I plan to take one day 'off' a week to eat whatever I fancy!

I am continuing with my exercise commitment and doing 3 lots of cardio and 3 lots of weight training a week.

Well that's my plan! I'm not angel and I certainly struggle with the food side of things! I had family round over the weekend and had cooked loads of yummy things.... of course it's been too difficult for me not to eat them.... I made a coconut slab cake and yesterday I ate 3 pieces through the day instead of my 3 portions of veg/fruit! NOT GOOD! then I couldn't eat my dinner, felt lousy and went to bed at 7pm! Typically I woke up at 9.30... hungry.. dinner was in the dog, so I ate the rest of the Greek yoghurt (full fat about 400g!) with greek pine honey and felt uncomfortable!

All of the goodies are gone now, so I'm fine! I just can't have them in the house! So today I'm having 3 meal replacments, a big salad and a Protein shot to get me back on the straight and narrow!

We'll see how it goes!

I have no doubt, that you will achieve your goal H!

Shall confess that I felt relief hearing that other people have had probs with their fill. My first one was a dismal failure and I spent 10 mins balling my eyes out because the doc hadn't been able to do it....I was SOOOOO embarassed! The doc was great though, he made an appointment for me to have it done under x-ray, I found it difficult drinking the yucky stuff, not because of the taste, but because I was so nervous, I was shaking uncontrollably lol.

I think that is why I have been procastinating about getting another one done, although I have no real doubt I need it, even if I have lost weight, I am finding it to easy to over eat.

I haven't got any specific things happening to merit a definite goal, but I think I shall join you H, it would be great if I could lose 3lbs a week. I will be more focused over the next few weeks.

Methinks, this is going to be a long serving thread, like the 'what did you eat today?' thread

Woo hoo

Go get your fill Suzy!! I'm being brave and am booking one for the end of the month! (gives me time to work myself up to it!) There's no point in me struggling.... I've paid out all this money, I should be using the band to help me not trying to manage without.... (even OH noticed I've been 'putting away' more food than previously!)

So deep breaths.... X ray fill booked.... (I imagine I've no chance success without!) If it's hell on earth again, then, I'll book for a repositioning! (H starts praying hard that the port will have magically moved and no longer be a problem!):flypig:

Your right H, I shall book it now, I think there is a 2 week waiting list, so may as well book now. I am hoping that now the the doc has doneit via x-ray, he will know how to do it without this time. It was a case of under and up, the port had flipped upside down lol.

What I have noticed is that I can feel my port a lot more! It's bit disturbing...does this mean as we lose more weight, we will be able to see it??? Think I may have to ask the doc about that!

I think a bit of background is needed for this!

I had a real nightmare fill 3 weeks ago which, even though it was done under x ray took 16 stabs (yes I did say SIXTEEN!) with the needle to locate the particularly deep and oddly angled port. In the end they had to use an extra long needle to do the fill. My aftercare team are very experienced and said that this was the most challenging fill they've ever done. It has been suggested that I may have to have the port repositioned to facilitate fills if I need lots of adjustments.:(:(:(:(

I have to say that if this was not the case I would have booked my second fill by now, but the thought that they may struggle or want to do a repositioning is putting me off tbh. :)

With this in mind I am working with my current restriction by avoiding solids until the evening to maintain my restriction for the evening, which, like a lot of peeps is my 'danger' time! :nervous

I have booked my hols to Australia in August this year and have decided to set myself a 'stretching' target weightloss for the next 9 weeks of 3lb per week. My surgeon says that this is safe and achievable with the 'right restriction' at my current weight (18st 4lb) although he did say that I could not expect it once I get down to a bmi of less than 35 (apparently I should expect 2lb per week after that!)

As my restriction is not all that it could/should be, I am making a concerted effort to limit my intake and ensure I make at least a 2lb weight loss per week (3lb would be nice and the ultimate goal but my back up target is 2lb so I won't be disappointed!) I will then consider another fill once I get back from Oz, when hopefully, my port will not be so buried in my substantial layers of fat!!!

Is this a reasonable aim or am I just setting myself up for a fall? ;)

Hope you enjoy your trip to our fair shores. We are fairly happy and welcoming people.;) Susannah

Hi Susannah!

I'm hoping and praying that you are all a really nice bunch of guys out there.... we're hoping to emigrate next year!

The plan is to get out there and have a really good look around. Check out the schools, job opportunities and housing markets and make some sort of decision about where exactly we'd like to set up home!

We are landing in Brisbane and the plan is to spend a couple of days on the Gold Coast (boys are desperate to go to the theme parks!) before e working our way up to Cairns over 18 days.... catching an internal flight back to Brisbane and then heading back to the UK.

Any tips of what we really shouldn't miss?

I am sooo envious. Oz is a great place, we have rellies living in Queensland and h ave been for a couple of holidays over the years.

The people there are great and the theme parks are great fun! As for Cairns, GORGEOUS!

yay! Really excited about this trip it's just over 6 weeks til we get on the plane. We're off to Brisbane and we plan to drive up to Cairns over 18 days then catch a flight down to Brissie before flying home!

We're off to the theme parks for 3 days when we get there, so that's first on the list!

Weight loss this week has been pants....really need my fill!

Well Anon. Did you enjoy your holiday in Oz. I am going for 2 months in 29.11.07. I have been before and I am really looking forward to it.

Holiday was amazing!

Weight loss a disaster! Not lost a lb since I set that target... the only bonus is that I haven't gained anything either!

Having port trouble at the moment and need a reposition so that I can get a fill! Off to France next week again! Wish me luck!

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. It is hard to lose weight on holiday, and as you say you did not put any on. I know I used to put on about 7 lbs whenever I had a holiday.

Good Luck with your port repositioning