Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting to dislike Fat People....

I know it is wrong but the more weght I lose and go thur the pain and

struggle to do it. The more I am starting to dislike fat people who

stuff themesleves with food. Seeing them at the malls eating up

all the fried foods and swallowing down the soft drinks makes me

mad....Yes in many ways it motivates me to stay on the right path

but as I become a smaller person I feel my opinion changing

about fat people.

Yea I know I used to be one of them but damn this is how I

am starting to feel...

Joe bravo are you having these feelings because you know the pain and health risk they are putting their body through and you know how hard it was to make your decision as well as work toward your goal on being healthy? I know weight lost change you and I feel the pain that we all on ex shared .

I do not have the same opinion as you however, the experience that I have had has opened my eyes to things I didn't pay attention to before having the surgery. I see the choices that people make and watch them eat - It doesn't make me angry. It just makes me mindful. They say you are what you eat.

Yea....It really is my own fear to return back to the way I was....I see myself in them...

I see my reflection in their faces when I see them.....It is nothing personal but I see

fat people as ghosts......Hauting me from the past......

I have got to get more serious and lose more weight...

@@Joebravo,

OK, that's deep and I think the second statement is where the issue is. Weight loss is bound to bring up a myriad of emotions, fears, doubts. We are all afraid of going back. I lost 140 pounds without surgery previously and I found myself back here, having gained back all but 45 pounds. Even after having moments of *KNOWING* that I would never go back. The reality is that is a journey and it is one day, one meal, one bite at a time. There is no permanence in surgery, its only a tool for those who decide to use it everyday.

Maybe on the other side this may fuel you to be of service to others in a way that only you are capable.

Harness your emotions to complete your own transformation.

For me, it's ok to hate fat (but not fat people -- plus, I am one). It's like the so-called "War on Obesity", which so many people seem to interpret as a war on the obese. Not cool.

I think what I hate more is not the fat people, but the whole way we have all gotten here. Some due to our government touting low fat, low carb, no this, more of that etc. I wonder if we just ate when we were hungry the food we know we need as fuel, if we would be in the same boat. It seems to me that the closer we eat to the source of the food the better, as in non processed. I hate the food pyramid!

Yet it is so important for us to live. Do NOT forget where you came from. The reasons are not the same for all. Me was happily married but couldn't have kids. Now I have kids. Gastric day of surgery 300+ six months out pregnant six months later baby girl she will be 8 March 29. Yes 3 months early. Not from surgery. Only have have a uterus to boot. A year later a son. Who just turned 6. Dec 8th. 198 last summer. Gained 90 back. I gained the gift of kids. Yes but because I did not keep my mind in love and respect for all others the loss is great. No mater the gain. NEVER FORGET THE YOU. the new you thoughts feelingS IS AND HAS A LOT TO DO WITH SOCIETY. GOD BLESS

I recently found myself biting my tongue when watching a family w/young kids coming out of a grocery store. A little girl, maybe 5 years old, was slugging back a 20-oz bottle of regular Pepsi. I wanted to roll down my window and scream "do you know how much sugar is in there?? and what this will do to her health-wise and weight-wise??" -- But of course, I did not.

I feel like the stereotypical reformed smoker who now tells everyone how awful smoking is and why they should stop. I cringe when I see people stuffing themselves like I used to do (and still mentally want to do sometimes).

Sigh, it is a battle -

Seems like you dislike their behaviors.

Edited by giggleblue

Yea Delia Street....You should have said something because maybe that young kid would have remebered it....

Some strange person telling her to not drink sodas...We need people to get in our face and tell us to

stop doing the bad things to our bodies.....

The foods are about makihg money....Cheap foods that taste good....No health benifits at all....

Just grease and salt and sugar.....

Everything....Everywhere you look....You see people just feasting on a hat box of popcorn fulled

with butter....feasting on a corn dog as long as your arm....I go to the mall to walk and I smell the

fried foods before I get inside.....I see the people in lines with thier guts hanging out their clothes

and I see the poor kids eating mounds of grease, salt and sugar......

seems nobody cares about it until they about to die.....That is my story...I didnt care until my health

was so bad I was almost dead.......

For perspective, my almost 5 year old daughter has only been to the golden arches once in her life. It was not on purpose either. We were at a bouncy house place far from home and she had run out of Snacks I had packed for her and she had to pee and she was starving burning all those calories running and jumping and playing. Anyways, I avoided telling her the name of the place so she could never ask to go there again because she was enamored that they had toys and indoor playground for children (important here in Seattle with the rain). Anyways, she was complaining and having a tantrum because she had to wait in line for food. She had only been places where she is served food by wait staff. All I could think about is if you frequent places where you have to wait in line for food, it's like pigs to the slaughter!

about fat people.

am starting to feel...

about fat people.

am starting to feel...

I have been lurking on this forum since 2013 and have enjoyed reading about FMs' bariatric journeys and the advice and knowledge that has come with that but this post right here infuriated me so much that i had to make an account so i could post a reply.

I find it quite sad and hilariously hypocritical when overweight individuals lose weight and then think they have the right to hate or look down on other fat people. Not so long ago, you were those same fat people you were judging and sneering at, just remember that. Everyone here has taken their time to go down paths which have lead to weight loss or WLS, it's only right that we respect and allow other fat people to have that time too.

What about the Slim or average sized people who stuff themselves with junk? Do they bother you as much?

Nothing is wrong with being concerned about abundance of fatty foods and how easily accessible it is, but your concern and hate shouldn't be transferred to actual individuals. It's best to focus on your energy on your own relationship with food.

about fat people.

am starting to feel...

about fat people.

am starting to feel...

I have been lurking on this forum since 2013 and have enjoyed reading about FMs' bariatric journeys and the advice and knowledge that has come with that but this post right here infuriated me so much that i had to make an account so i could post a reply.

I find it quite sad and hilariously hypocritical when overweight individuals lose weight and then think they have the right to hate or look down on other fat people. Not so long ago, you were those same fat people you were judging and sneering at, just remember that. Everyone here has taken their time to go down paths which have lead to weight loss or WLS, it's only right that we respect and allow other fat people to have that time too.

What about the Slim or average sized people who stuff themselves with junk? Do they bother you as much?

Nothing is wrong with being concerned about abundance of fatty foods and how easily accessible it is, but your concern and hate shouldn't be transferred to actual individuals. It's best to focus on your energy on your own relationship with food.

Thank you.....You are right.....I said I know it is wrong.....but I was just speaking my truth about the

way I feel.....I can fully understand where you stand....I thank you again for the advice.....

I refuse to be fat again and I will never eat that way again in my life....Like I said I really see

myself in them...I hate myself for ever being fat and now I love myself.....When I see

fat people I see me....That is what I dislike or hate...I used to hate myself....Now I love

the new me.....will die before I go back to living that way......

I wouldn't say I hate people for being fat, skinny, or whatever. I have always envied people who could eat what they wanted, sugar, fried stuff, etc and not have to give it a second thought. But I try to remember that everyone has their obstacles, mine just happen to be weight ( I eat too much), diabetes ( I eat too many carbs and sweets), asthma ( I smoke).

When my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes (she had it before I did) I learned how to eat properly, it didn't stop me from developing it but at least I could do what I was supposed to. I saw people who were diabetic and I worried about them when I saw them eating carbs or tons of sugar. Don't you know what that does to you??

When I finally quit smoking I worried about other smokers. But I knew everyone had to come to terms with their vices on their own time. Both my parents smoke, it's going to kill both of them eventually. They are sick all time time, my dad is a bladder cancer survivor, and my mom has COPD. I worry. I wonder, if I could quit, surely they can. But I cannot say a word.

After I had my rny, I still have a ways to go, but I'm off to a good start. I still want to eat more than I should or things I shouldn't. I don't exercise like I should, but I'm doing better. I see people who are where I was and I worry. Don't they see what they are doing? I know not everyone has health insurance like I that allowed me to have his surgery. I realize not everyone can afford to just pay cash. But I still worry. And I still envy. Some days when my co workers have take out for lunch and it smells so good. Other days all I can smell is the grease an it makes me sick.

I do look at people differently, I am by no means better than anyone else. I have lots of short comings. Everyone has their struggles.

Some days it's really easy to stay away from the candy bowl. Other days it's not.

I agree that what you are seeing in them is what you hated about yourself. I don't think that you are looking down on them. I am happy you felt free enough to express yourself here. Because I wondered if it was a normal type of feeling. I have it too. I don't want to be back there. "Fat Shannon".