Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheese. *drools*

Seriously, I think I'm a cheese addict. I've been looking at all the different cheeses on the gourmet foods section of Amazon and thinking about how many of them I'd like to try. All the different cheddars and Italian cheeses and English cheeses and Irish cheeses and South American cheeses. Yum. It's probably a good thing that my local grocery store doesn't carry any of the really good cheeses. Just Kraft and other mass-produced crap.

I LOVED cheese before banding. Now, it just doesn't interest me like it used to. I could eat A LOT of cheese, but now have a light mozarella string cheese for a snack and that is about all I want. Hopefully you will do the same thing. BUT a low fat cheese is full of Protein. It is the low fat TASTE that is hard!! Good Luck. Deanna

Yeah, I don't think I am going to eat "light" anything after this surgery, if I can help it. I am sick of always dieting. I plan on eating what I want, just a whole lot less of it. I think the full-fat, full-sugar, full-flavor foods are fine, as long as they are eaten or drunk in moderation. And with the band, I'll finally be able to experience moderation!

Yeah, I don't think I am going to eat "light" anything after this surgery, if I can help it. I am sick of always dieting. I plan on eating what I want, just a whole lot less of it. I think the full-fat, full-sugar, full-flavor foods are fine, as long as they are eaten or drunk in moderation. And with the band, I'll finally be able to experience moderation!

If I can only eat 1/4 cup of tuna fish dammit I am not putting light mayo in there. I don't eat light anything and I am losing just fine.

Hi - My name is Gayle and I am a cheese addict!

Being low carb for so many years before banding, cheese was our chips and main snack food. My DH still comes home from work and eats 4-5 pieces of cheese. He eats no lunch and that is hs lunch and before dinner snack. I have one. Unless it is the really expensive extra extra sharp chedder that bites back when you bite it, then I might eat 2 or 3........ Good thing that is for special occaisions! I eat chedder cheese rice cakes as a snack and a treat is a piece of cheese with it! Yes, I love cheese.....

Hello my name is Edie and I am a cheese addict.

I ate lots (well... lol) of cheese with my band. Not a problem.

I bought those individual baby bells at Sams (70 calories a piece).

edie

Oh, I'm loving those Baby Bels at the moment too! So good. I too have a cheese problem. The problem is my husband hates it! ;)

I love cheese too! I recall on our trip to Ireland and Scotland a couple of years ago I was in cheese HEAVEN!

Trader Joe's has a WONDERFUL selection of cheeses.

And I agree with you ladies that do not do lowfat or light anything. I will NOT do the lowfat /light/diet crap again! I am losing well (47lbs so far) without doing it, and I can imagine with the band it will only get easier.

As a matter of fact I will not be following the dietician's guidance with the sugar-free popsicles and Crystal Light, etc. I rarely drink anything with artificial sweeteners in it, I'd prefer just some lemon juice or True Lemon in my Water or Decaf tea. And if I'm eating a popsicle, I'll be darned if I'm going to struggle through some of the sugar free crap that's out there.

Everything in moderation.

Including CHEESE!

Aaaaah cheese. Glorious cheese. Fatty, salty, delicious cheese. I think it's my favorite food right now. We have a gourmet cheese shop in Philly and he imports amazing French cheeses that are soooo delicious I can't even believe it.

Cheese goes down beautifully and is high in Protein. I too am an avid avoider of all that is low fat and fat free. When you're only eating an ounce or two at a time, it's worth the full-fat versions.

My husband just enrolled me in cheese of the month club AND wine of the month club for my birthday!!! I can't wait to receive my first shipment. There's nothing like a beautiful Reisling and a creamy brie. mmmm mmmmmmm!

I am not a fan of funky textures/flavors/smells, so I've never been able to eat blue cheeses, cream-style or farm-style cheeses (cream cheese, neufchatel, cottage, etc.). Literally, the smell makes me gag. What's brie like? I've always wanted to try it, but didn't want to spend a chunk of change on something I might not like. I tend to stick with harder, more mature cheeses, honestly.

I am so sick of the editing problems! I wanted to add to the above post again, but don't feel like taking the time to edit it.

Anyway:

I've always wanted to try brie en croute (is that how you spell it?).

brie.. on pear slices... nuff said.

Oh wait, I'll say one more thing..

brie.. on grapes... mm.

Foodgasm!

Laurend..

Really though (I should have posted this last post!) Bri is more of a creamy-bleu cheese tasting cheese. I am in love with it. But.. if you like the harder cheese (which I don't) you may not like bri..

Wait! before you write off brie, try doing this: go into your nearest cheese shop or even Whole Foods, and say you want a cheese that is very buttery and creamy, and similar to brie, but more mild. Ask for a sample before you buy! If you like what they recommend, buy it and enjoy, then, go back and sample the brie. Work your way up slowly and see what you like. The creamy cheeses are sooooo sooo good and heavenly it kills me to think anyone is missing out just because they haven't tried them yet!