Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I am new here but have been lurking for a while. I am sure that I want to have Gastric Sleeve done in Mexico but uncertain about the surgeon. Since I will be self pay, cost is definitely a factor. I was really interested in Dr. Ramos Kelly but the $2999 price is very appealing. I wish I could find more reviews on Dr. Mayterena or Dr. Arellano with Longterm VSG. Anyone else use these doctors or find more reviews for them?

Yes at least 2 have here in this forum... Chrissyg has and Dr maytorena's has a fb page ... Hope that helps

@@Tonileigh, when I talked to the coordinator he mentioned that Dr. Arellano worked alongside Dr. Aceves for some years before he passed away and learned his technique from him. If you do a search in the forums for Dr. Aceves, you will see that a lot of people loved him and said he was the best so I'm confident in thinking that Dr Arellano is very competent. I actually came across a girl on YouTube that just went through LongTerm VSG, she only has 3 videos right now and they are relatively short but she does share her experience, her videos are here.

I've only seen a handful of reviews for Dr M but everything I've seen has been positive. I'll definitely be going through them.

I have Ruben cell number he is the coordinator if anyone wants it because I seen someone was having problems contacting them odd I've gotten answers or calls back

Thanks everyone. I actually emailed for more information earlier and already received a response from Ruben. This is the info I received: 

Dr. Arellano and Dr. Maytorena are among the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico 

Dr. Arellano is the vice-president of Mexico's college of obesity surgery and will be president in July.

Dr. Arellano has over 7000 thousand assisted procedures and over 7000 thousand procedures by himself 
Over 15 years of experience
Certified Bariatric Surgeon
FACS ( former and in progress )
ASMBS

Dr. Arellano assisted for over 7 years one of the best bariatric surgeons in the world Dr. Alberto Aceves not only learning the best techniques but the work of ethics and professionalism. 

Dr. Maytorena with over 9 years of experience and over 5000 thousand bariatric procedures performed.

Dr. Maytorena is a Graduate from the UABC Faculty Medicine at Mexicali, Baja California Mexico.
Internship at IMSS Specialty Hospital #30, Mexicali, B.C., Mexico
Social Service at Hospital General Mexicali
Four Years Residence by UNAM for General Surgery at the General Hospital at Hermosillo, Sonora.
Advanced Laparoscopic Training in the Mexican Society of Endoscopic Surgery at Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.
Sleeve Gastrectomy Training at the College of Metabolic and Obesity Surgery.
Fellowship in Gastric Banding by Inamed Lap Band.
Allergan, (Inamed) Certified Surgeon.
Trauma Surgeon (3yrs. at Tijuana Red Cross)
Gastric Bypass and Metabolic Surgery Fellowship in the San Camilo Hospital at Sao Paulo, Brazil with Dr. Ricardo Cohen’s team.
Member of the College of General Surgeons at Mexicali, B.C.
Speaks English
General Practice License #3703026.
General Surgery License #4943231

Please let me say that for anyone who is on the fence about going with LongTerm......do it. I am not an advertisement for this place but I will say that as a patient who has the worst of the worst hypothyroidism, no metabolism, no energy, no drive, and just had plain given up.....they gave me a new life and you will not regret it.

I haven't felt good like this since high school. Don't let this pass you by. I wake up each day ready to take it on like a champ because LongTerm gave me my confidence back and helped me remember that I am in control.

Awesome! I'm impressed so far too, going to give my "firsthand opinion" after June 8th... Wish it was sooner! Gotta wait to take time off work though... So, so glad to hear you are feeling so great chrissyg!!

I'm considering Dr. Arellano. Anyone here had him? I'm torn between this and another option. My main worry is that it is a clinic and the hospital they work with is 5 minutes away. I know complications are rare but this is what is holding me back. Arellano seems to have good credentials but I'm wondering who has had him and what their experience was. am now looking at early June for surgery. Probably with no companion :(

I'm considering Dr. Arellano. Anyone here had him? I'm torn between this and another option. My main worry is that it is a clinic and the hospital they work with is 5 minutes away. I know complications are rare but this is what is holding me back. Arellano seems to have good credentials but I'm wondering who has had him and what their experience was. am now looking at early June for surgery. Probably with no companion :(

It is NOT a clinic, it's a surgery suite. All they do there is surgery, so they are highly trained. The care they give and u will recieve is top notch and very individualized. At a hospital, one nurse has 10 patients! The fact that this was a surgery center actually made me feel 100% more comfy with choosing LongTerm, and I work in the medical field, in NY!

For those that used Long term VSG, how much was your deposit and did you pay the balance with a money order?

I have a tentative data of June 2nd with Longterm vsg. I'll be mailing my deposit this week and making an appt for a passport card asap.

is anyone using a passport ? Im thinking of just brining my birth certificate i.d. and ssn