Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New can anyone answer my question

Hi I'm new here i got an email from my coordinator at my doctors office and said she would be sending my paperwork off to my insurance no later then today. I'm so excited. We are trying to get me in for surgery the first or second week of March. My question is will my insurance get a hold of me with a yes or no or will my doctors office? (Approval or denial) should I call my insurance company? I have assurant health insurance but use Aetna provider list so everyone always says I have Aetna. I'm so beyond ready to have my surgery and start my new life. Thank you in advance for any help you can give

The surgeon's coordinator is the one that called me. I haven't spoken with insurance at all about this. The doctors took care of it all.

And congrats on your soon-to-be surgery!!

The Dr's office called me with all the info. Congratulations and good luck!

The Insurance company called me way before the DR. office. However, when the DR. finally called they also had my surgery date/time.

I actually received a letter from my insurance company.

I got a letter from the insurance company almost a week before I heard from the office coordinator at the surgeon's office. Hopefully you'll hear back from one or the other soon!

I got a call from the insurance coordinator and a letter from anthem the same day

I called insuance, every 2 days to ask if it had been received, and then if it was approved. Then, called the surgeon's ins coordinator to let them know to look for it. :) I have no patience, and didn't want to slip through the cracks.

My insurance provides a case manager for me. I called her two days after my final clinic appointment to let her know to expect the paperwork packet, and she said it in and was already approved! I called the surgeon's office and they said they had not heard anything yet, and the coordinator was going to be on vacation for nine days. In the meantime, the insurance case manager mailed me a letter of approval for up to five days in the hospital. I faxed that to the surgeon's office and they went ahead and set my date, a full week befor the coordinator would have even returned from vacation.