Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2015 Sleevers?

Hi! Mine is scheduled for May 25th with Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras. :) I start my pre-op liquid diet on April 27... as in... 4 weeks of liquid only!!! I can do it! :D

Just started two weeks of liquid diet today!

May 12! Just got the date today. 10 day liquid diet starts May 2nd.

You can do it.

Hi! Mine is scheduled for May 25th with Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras. :) I start my pre-op liquid diet on April 27... as in... 4 weeks of liquid only!!! I can do it! :D

May 14th, Dr Alvarez. No pre-op diet, YAY!

Awesome! Mine is also with Dr. Alvarez on May 25th. I do have to do a 4 week pre-op diet (boooo!) but I'm super excited nonetheless! Let me know how it goes after surgery! :)

Edited by Alejandra Gonzalez

Good Luck and stay positive.

Congrats to all the May Sleevers who have dates!! I am still tentative for May 6th but have run into a few hurdles :(. Completed EGD which revealed a previously unknown hiatal hernia which can be fixed during the sleeve surgery. The hurdles include a few issues that occurred during EGD which led to confirmation of sleep apnea and cardiac abnormalities. Waiting to hear outcome of attempts to get insurance to assist with CPAP machine ( covered the sleep study myself and also doing self pay for sleeve so am hoping they will assist with CPAP). Have appointment with cardiologist this week, no history of heart problems but evidentially there were some issues with the sedation during EGD. I am trying to stay positive and have started my 3 week preop diet a few days early:). Thanks for letting me vent:)

I'm so excited. Starting the pre-op diet today, surgery date is May 6th. The first time around the pre-op diet was just super low carb, no caffeine, no alcohol, no carbonation. (My surgery was cancelled due to insurance, then rescheduled a month later). THIS pre-op diet is Unjury or Protein Drinks for Breakfast and lunch, and a small low carb low fat dinner. I think this one is going to be a little more of a challenge, but I'm up for it! GO MAY SLEEVERS!

Hi everyone, I just got my surgery date of May the 20th, tentative of course. I still need all the pre-surgery testing, and EGD and the psych eval. Most of which is scheduled for next week. I've got a lot of good support in my life. But I'm really nervous about the 2 week liquid diet. I've heard nothing about how hard it is. Any hints to get through this? I'm guessing some of you are doing your diets right now.

On my 4th day of diet. I did this 4 years ago when I had my lapband surgery and thought that it would be a piece of cake this go round. Not so much!!!!! It is tough and now I remember that the pre-op diet was the hardest part of the whole ordeal. The good thing is it gets easier after the 3rd day. Best advise is keep yourself as busy as you can the first couple of days, after that it's very manageable. jake

I am on day 10 of 21. As mentioned above its really important to stay busy and know that this is a means to an end. ☺

Thanks for the advice. I'm stocked up on liquids. And focused on the goal. Good luck everyone.

Hey all! Surgery date of May 18th here and am so excited. It feels surreal. Does anyone know of any FB groups for May 2015? I keep looking but I'm not finding anything.

Eas17, there is one but we keep it on super secret mode to protect privacy. Shoot me your email and I can add you. We have about 67 members currently.