Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 10 days post op..after Dr released me from liquid diet to fork mashable soft bariatric..I don't feel full..I eat small portions and stop myself but wonder if i am eating too little or too much...help!!!

I am about 6.5 weeks post-surgery, and I also rarely feel full. Or at least, not "full" in the same way I used to. I'd say that I am satisfied with what I eat, though I mostly just measure out a portion of food and eat what I have in front of me. I feel slightly curious about how much I could eat constrained, but I guess I'd rather not know. I started with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of food and am now roughly double that.

You should feel full at 1/2 a cup to a full cup depending on what it us you are eating. If your eating high Protein you should be full at 1/2 cup at least that's how it works for me. I'm 2 months out. I hardly feel hungry and after a few bites if food I'm done.

1/2 cup of food and I'm stuffed. Today I'm having emotional issues and am really dealing with head hunger. I'm still trying to get used to eating what I need vs. what I want or used to eat. Mostly a quantity thing. Food tastes soo good to me that I want to eat more. Always been an issue for me.

Edited by onmywaytobeingfound

I am starting my fourth week and have lost 21 lbs. I also have a problem with feeling full. I try to limit my portions and stop when the plate is empty. I drink 2 32 oz. bottles of Water a day plus my 12 oz coffee and 16 oz of milk. At this stage I think I should only be eating 1/4 to 1/2 cup per meal yet I don't feel full. I try not to drink at least 15 min. before eating and 15 min. after eating. I have been 21 lbs down now for 4 days and the scale isn't going down. What do I do?

I have had the same issue since my surgery. I asked my Doctor at my post op appointment and he said it was normal. It wasn't till I started eating soft foods (this week) that I have finally had a full sensation but, not all the time. I had about 1/3 cup of food for dinner last night not including a little of avocado on the side and my husband was like "can you eat all that"? He wasn't being mean he just wasn't sure how much I was supposed to eat and I have to say neither do I. I wasn't able to eat it all but, it would really help me if I had a guideline to follow.