Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Yesterday and Already Scared of Failure!

I'm doing pretty well so far, I think. The gas pain in my chest is not comfortable, but livable.

Have been up and about hanging out with 2 year old son- he's being a good little helper!

Still terrified of messing this all up. Of failing. Does everyone feel that way?

Congrats on taking the first step. ????That can be part of the hardest step

Keep us posted and best of luck

Ps. Listen to your body. And your doc

You bet. Don't worry about failure...not even if you don't lose right away. It can take some time for the restriction to be working for you. As long as you follow the doctor's protocol, and do some exercise..get up and move as much as you can..you will be fine. Good luck and welcome to the other side.

You're doing great. I have been banded going on three years. I did achieve my goal but I am still living in fear of failure. Guess that's okay though, it keeps me aware of my food intake and portions. Consider it one of the "side effects"

Breathe. You got this. Walk, follow your food plan, stay off the scale. Until you're properly adjusted which takes several months, it's a diet. But it's not as hard as pre op. One hundred pounds ago I was in your shoes. My life is a thousand times better today. Congratulations !!

My surgeon told me if I followed his rules 95 % of the time, I would lose weight and be successful. I did and im VERY happy with the results. Im in a better place mind , body and soul. Absolutely NO regrets !! Sooooo, listen to your Dr. and your body ! Good luck !!!

My advice to a newbie is get yourself a nice 1/4c measure that you can bring with you everywhere. Pre-measure everything and eat only that 1/4c at a time. Wait 20 min or 30 min. If you're still hungry, eat some more.

Also, start exercising as soon as you can. The couch to 5k program is great motivation!!

Finally, here's the bible of Lap Band

Live it.

You're gonna be great!!!!!!!!!! Trust the band!! Trust yourself!!

Edited by PuraVida37

I'm simply echoing every one else, but I wanted to add that I very much felt like I was going to be the one person this wasn't going to work for. I think it was day 3 that I woke up and was literally like, "what the hell did I just do?!" But that was just a feeling, and lucky for us, feelings are fleeting. You can do this! It will be hard at times and it might even feel like it isn't working at times, but it will.

You will do great I was terrified still am of failing.thats why these support groups are amazing.

Write a letter to your self about your fears and what you want to be doing physically Ina year or two.

What has help me all these years the most is to put my fork down between bites and chew and chew. It is amazing how much better food taste know that I take my time.

I'm am very discouraged and depressed, I had my surgery 7/18/2014 and lost about 20lb then all of sudden I didn't feel any restrictions I kept telling my surgeon I was hungry all the time and I wasn't loosing any more weight, they kept giving me fills with no success, finally I demanded a Barium swallow and their was a leak. That was in Oct 2014. My second surgery was Nov. 2014 to repair the leak. I've been doing everything I'm suppose to with no success. I work out 3 times a week, I eat small portions, drink plenty of Water, 80-100 gms of Protein a day, my calorie intake is 1000-1200/day sometimes less I've only lost about 22lbs total, I do have restriction but not loosing any more weight, I'm so stressed out because I've worked so hard and haven't seen any results. I'm about to throw in the towel and say the hell with it. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions.

Thanks

Tiffany