Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thunder thighs.

My main health concern is having MS. I have very limited mobility with my legs so that exercising is almost impossible. Hopefully I'll be able to find a sweimming/exercise program that will help with those nasty thigh issues

I'm sorry to hear that you have MS. I've never had to deal with anything like that so I can't speak to your struggle firsthand. It's humbling to hear other stories we get so caught up in our own that it kind of takes you aback when you read about someone else going through the same thing and they have to work through something like that. Worst case scenario is that when I'm done I'll have to go and maybe have some plastic surgery done down the road and I'm okay with that I'm going through this by myself so I'll do it. I wish you great success in your journey.

I have always carried most of my weight in my hips and thighs. I don't think any amount of exercise will do anything about those fat deposits. My thighs were HID-EE-US. I had it all cut off. In December I had a vertical thigh lift, and while they are far from perfect, they are a million times better. It's amazing how much freer I feel without all that hanging, dripping, wobbling and generally disgusting and miserable fat on my thighs. Once they are healed, I'm going to try to build some muscle, and at least now I have a chance of improving them some.

Look at some pictures on real self - you'll see plenty of issues, probably worse than yours.

I'll go check out the photos. I hope that at least I can loosen up some of the fat.. it's pretty solid. Thanks for telling me about that though and congratulations!!

Edited by jillstl

Plantar fasciitis is no joke is it? I've had 3 series of cortisone shots in my feet and the doctor said that he won't give me any more cortisone that if that didn't work that they would have to operate on my feet and that was kind of the last straw... that's when I actually filled out my paperwork for my gastric sleeve I can't live like this anymore.

I'm hoping if I lose some weight the Plantar Facitis will get better or I'll be crushed. I had gotten into a routine of going to the track from March- Nov to walk on the weekends and it's going to kill me if I can't do that anymore. I might talk to my PCP about getting a cortisone shot

weight in hips/ thighs - carry weight around midsection. That's not me.

@@jillstl

the WORST place to carry excess weight is your mid-section/tummy!!!! (me)

very unhealthy

being obese etc is terrible - weight you carry around your tummy area is terrible!!

sorry i don't remember why, but i know its true

sooooo

consolation of being heavier in your thighs, hips, down south?? :wacko:

could be worse? :wacko:

guess that's the upside?? :blink:

good luck :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Those of us that do carry our weight in our lower half do tend to lose weight slower than those that carry most of their weight in their belly's

@@Bobby46 I am in the same boat. My waist and butt are small but my thighs and calves are still big. All of my pants are tight in the legs and gaping in the waist. I feel like I am mooning the world all of the time!

I'm late to this party, but just take a look at my gallery photos to see how bottom-heavy I am (my boobs are fake). I hate to break it to you, but there is NOTHING you can do to target weight loss to certain areas of your body (short of liposuction for small amounts of fat). It's going to put weight on and take weight off where it sees fit. You can only lower your overall body fat percentage, but you can't redistribute your weight. Specific types of exercise isn't going to make you lose fat in a specific area, it will only help you build up specific muscles.

Edited by JamieLogical

I'm late to this party, but just take a look at my gallery photos to see how bottom-heavy I am (my boobs are fake). I hate to break it to you, but there is NOTHING you can do to target weight loss to certain areas of your body (short of liposuction for small amounts of fat). It's going to put weight on and take weight off where it sees fit. You can only lower your overall body fat percentage, but you can't redistribute your weight. Specific types of exercise isn't going to make you lose fat in a specific area, it will only help you build up specific muscles.

Your stomach looks a-maz-ing!

Time has been the only thing to help so far for me. I lost 60 lb before I dropped a size on the bottom, but. Had dropped 3 on top already. I'm 11 months out now and have lost almost 140 lbs total and I've gone from a 28 4x to a 12/14 L/XL top and still a 20 on bottom. My top shrunk constantly but my bottom didn't really start moving until the last 40-50 lbs. frustrating but I'm learning to play up the difference. Certain clothing looks better than others and I've just had to figure out how to camouflage the undesirable.

Your stomach looks a-maz-ing!

Yeah, luckily my Tummy Tuck held up through all my weight fluctuations after my plastics, so even though I ultimately got up to 80 pounds over my plastic surgery weight, I don't think I'll need any revisions to it once I achieve my post-sleeve goal weight.

Jamie,

First off, thanks for the positive comment about my stomach. I have a strange build for sure. I have been scouring the internet for specific exercises for my legs because they are incredibly large and covered with bulging fat deposits. Like you said...maybe as I lose weight overall, some is bound to come off there too. I will likely require some liposuction. I am just thankful for the opportunity to have this surgery!! I weighed in at 283 this morning, which is a 15 pound loss from the Feb 1st when I started my preop diet. 4 weeks to go till surgery.

Jamie,

I just looked at your gallery and we are built so similar...I'm just a much larger version of course. You have an hourglass shape. It looks great on you!! Oh and I saw that Ariel Ortiz was your surgeon?? He's going to do my surgery next month! I would love to find out about your experience!!! I am going alone and don't know what all to take with me and you were there. Wow...so awesome. If you ever have time...please share a little with me.

I Also carry weight in my hips and legs .ive lost 50 lbs and they have gotten smaller so I'm hoping for the best . The stepmaster machine is the best for cardió according to my trainer . I workout with a trainer 5 days a week and it is helping a lot.

Plantar fasciitis is no joke is it? I've had 3 series of cortisone shots in my feet and the doctor said that he won't give me any more cortisone that if that didn't work that they would have to operate on my feet and that was kind of the last straw... that's when I actually filled out my paperwork for my gastric sleeve I can't live like this anymore.

i have PF bad too and can barely walk on it. I'm hoping that losing weight will help. I've already had one surgery on my foot and had another scheduled but canceled due to a quick opening for vsg.

I also have always had bad thunder thighs. I'm actually going to post a question kind of similar.

@@Jill_Icardi Feel free to PM me anytime with questions about Dr. Ortiz and OCC. I'd be happy to link you my packing list and tell you about my experience. As for my "hourglass" shape... it's fake, because my boobs are fake. I was completely flat up top with huge hips until I got the breast implants to help even things out a bit.