Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thunder thighs.

Is there anyone out there that carries their weight in their hips and thighs and if so what did you do to work that area? Everyone I see seems to have like an apple shape. They have smaller legs and carry their weight around their midsection. That's not me.

post-246022-14242164509701_thumb.jpg

post-246022-14242165112414_thumb.jpg

I'm totally that way, one thing that really helped me take inches off my hips and thighs was walking it really slimmed me down.

Walking is all I've done so far. I'm about 4weeks out from surgery so I'll keep walking and I did join the gym so maybe I'll find something there so I can really focus on getting it off of my legs. They're really really huge.

Thank you for the information...I carry the majority of my weight in my hips, butt and thighs.

I'd like to have an answer to that question too! I've lost 52 and 1/2 pounds in the 5 months since surgery and the butt and hips are still holding on for dear life

I was watching some YouTube videos and there was a personal trainer on there that said that the stair climbing machine is the best thing for hips and thighs so I did just joined a gym I'm going to look and see when I go if they have one of those machines and start using it because I know when I climb stairs I have one hell of a time. I've always felt so self conscious because I can't wear shorts my thighs are huge and I not only have cellulite, but these big bulging fat deposits around my hips and in the back of my thighs I have a big bulges as well. It's disgusting. I've never seen this on anybody else per se and I'm thinking that I will be one of those that's going to have to have like a lower body lift or thigh lift when I'm done. This is always been my problem area.. you could count my ribs and my stomach will be flat but then I have these huge thighs and you can't even see my knees. I know this is probably TMI!

I wish that I could somehow take a picture of my thighs because I've yet to see anything like this on anyone else. I've never had the guts to ask a doctor is there something wrong with me or if its just where my body deposits its fat.

My mother has the deposits, her insurance would pay for their removal and she refused. I have huge thighs but no hips to speak of or butt. When I lost 140# about 10 years ago, I was definitely considering plastic surgery. My thighs deflated like balloons. This time around, I will be getting a thigh lift and a breast lift and augmentation. No question.

I'm right there with you. I have lost 70ish lbs and I am still all thighs. I wear a size 16 jean now.....still amazes me!......but I am probably a 14 in the waist. I can never find a pair of pants that fit...always need altering.

I think we can work an area and slim it down the best we can, but our basic shape is just that...our basic shape. I just joined a new gym, Planet Fitness.....my other one still has a year on contract but I HATE it there! I feel like a freak show when I go. So I have an appointment Sunday with a trainer and I plan on asking what I can possibly do to fix these thighs!!

I plan on having surgery on my thighs at some point....maybe then I will be able to find a pair of jeans that fit off the rack.

My main health concern is having MS. I have very limited mobility with my legs so that exercising is almost impossible. Hopefully I'll be able to find a sweimming/exercise program that will help with those nasty thigh issues

biggrin.gif My name is Martha, I am 31 yrs. old I have always battled with my weight. I was willing to do anything even the other types of surgeries, luckly my husband heard of the band and gave me tons of info on it, so I began looking up info talking to my doctor about and decided to go for it. I am scheduled for my ban september 22 in Monterry Mex. with Dr. Rumbout. I am a little nervous, (will it work for me, will it hurt, can I keep it up) but I am optimistic, it has worked for many the way I see it has to work for me. Wish me luck. Martha

Thanks for sharing that because I've yet to see someone that had these bulges and they're not symmetrical either I have a bulge on one side of my leg and I don't on the other one so it's just kind of strange. Yeah I will definitely go back where I'm having my surgery and have some plastics done if the skin doesn't go back into shape. When my mom was alive she would call the bulges around the sides of my thighs, flanks...sounds like a piece of meat. *rolling my eyes*

I also carry my weight in my hips, ass, thighs and calves. I used to walk a lot but I've developed plantar facitis in my left heel and walking aggravates it. I recently joined a gym - I'm only 2 weeks post op. I finally went yesterday - did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then my heel got agrivated!! I like the Cybex arc trainer- I tried the stairclimber & elliptical and was wiped out after 5 minutes

I'm right there with you. I have lost 70ish lbs and I am still all thighs. I wear a size 16 jean now.....still amazes me!......but I am probably a 14 in the waist. I can never find a pair of pants that fit...always need altering.

I think we can work an area and slim it down the best we can, but our basic shape is just that...our basic shape. I just joined a new gym, Planet Fitness.....my other one still has a year on contract but I HATE it there! I feel like a freak show when I go. So I have an appointment Sunday with a trainer and I plan on asking what I can possibly do to fix these thighs!!

I plan on having surgery on my thighs at some point....maybe then I will be able to find a pair of jeans that fit off the rack.

If you find something that's giving you results please post it on here I would love to know. And I should be thankful because I think that if I lost enough weight eventually it have to come over there too I shouldn't complain so much.

I also carry my weight in my hips, ass, thighs and calves. I used to walk a lot but I've developed plantar facitis in my left heel and walking aggravates it. I recently joined a gym - I'm only 2 weeks post op. I finally went yesterday - did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then my heel got agrivated!! I like the Cybex arc trainer- I tried the stairclimber & elliptical and was wiped out after 5 minutes

Plantar fasciitis is no joke is it? I've had 3 series of cortisone shots in my feet and the doctor said that he won't give me any more cortisone that if that didn't work that they would have to operate on my feet and that was kind of the last straw... that's when I actually filled out my paperwork for my gastric sleeve I can't live like this anymore.

I have always carried most of my weight in my hips and thighs. I don't think any amount of exercise will do anything about those fat deposits. My thighs were HID-EE-US. I had it all cut off. In December I had a vertical thigh lift, and while they are far from perfect, they are a million times better. It's amazing how much freer I feel without all that hanging, dripping, wobbling and generally disgusting and miserable fat on my thighs. Once they are healed, I'm going to try to build some muscle, and at least now I have a chance of improving them some.

Look at some pictures on real self - you'll see plenty of issues, probably worse than yours.