Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last resort

As a PCOS fighter, I have been dealing with obesity my entire life. I'm 5'4 and my lightest weight was 180 when I was 16 and 207 when I was 22. My HW was 290. My current weight is 266 and finally decided to go for surgery.

I remember back in middle school, when I used to be the fattie one. This has never changed. I was also the fattie one when I was in High school and college.

I love fashion and going out so I always try to look pretty and ignore how big I am. However, there are some times that you look yourself in the mirror and you just can't accept what you see.

Sometimes, when I used to go clubbing with girlfriends, I remember never being asked to dance... and when I was asked , it was usually by the weirdest ugly looking guy in the club. My girlfriends would always find guys asking for their phones etc... I never had any luck.

I never knew what to feel admire by guys was like, some of them would only be open for sex but nothing serious, or "booty calling".

I know some of you know what I mean.

3 years ago I was lucky to find someone who not only saw a body carrying 207 lbs, but also saw who I was. I'm currently weighing 266 and he still makes feel beautiful.

I never had the same attention that regular size girls get.

It's not all abouy attention, it's also about the residual effects that those experiences gave me.

I remember saying I was going to achieve my goal weight at 25.

I remember saying I would never consider weight loss surgery because I could do it myself.

I'm 26 and decided to go for surgery. I don't care about the negative things that people will say, this is my decision. They don't know I have been through a lot.

So wish me luck on this journey.

Congratulations on your decision and good luck! I am glad you made this decision for yourself and not for others. I think a lot of people get held back by worrying about what everyone else will thing, but this is a very personal choice and only you know what's best for YOU.

@@JennG25

Bravo! I wish I would have had the courage to do this when I was your age. I agree with Jamie. This is you're choice. Its going to be amazing.

@@JennG25 Good luck to you! The only regret I have is not getting WLS sooner, so you are way ahead! Keep us posted on your journey!

Good for you! I too wish I could have done this at your age. I've also struggled with my weight since childhood. I'm now thinner than I've ever been as an adult or teen - it is really wild! Great that you can get a new start so early in life. It's truly life-changing in so many ways.

I am so happy to hear that you made this decision for YOU!!! Because of this reason alone ;) you will succeed and do great!

I am so happy to hear that you made this decision for YOU!!! Because of this reason alone ;) you will succeed and do great!

Good for you! I too wish I could have done this at your age. I've also struggled with my weight since childhood. I'm now thinner than I've ever been as an adult or teen - it is really wild! Great that you can get a new start so early in life. It's truly life-changing in so many ways.

@@JennG25 Good luck to you! The only regret I have is not getting WLS sooner, so you are way ahead! Keep us posted on your journey!

Congratulations on your decision and good luck! I am glad you made this decision for yourself and not for others. I think a lot of people get held back by worrying about what everyone else will thing, but this is a very personal choice and only you know what's best for YOU.

@@JennG25

Bravo! I wish I would have had the courage to do this when I was your age. I agree with Jamie. This is you're choice. Its going to be amazing.

Thank you so much for the support and kind words. I need it. I will do this for me.

I don't want to see myself crying in a fitting room while looking at the mirror. Or avoiding friends just because I don't want them to see me this big again.

I falling in love with this community. I feel like I'm not alone ???? thank you.

Hi Jenn,

I also have PCOS and am in the process of getting the sleeve. Just like you I am tired of fighting with my weight and ready to make a lasting change. I have the support of my husband now but I understand how hurtful it is to feel like you don't exist to people or your not relationship material due to weight.

Good luck on your journey! I hope we both have great success:)

Hi Jenn,

I also have PCOS and am in the process of getting the sleeve. Just like you I am tired of fighting with my weight and ready to make a lasting change. I have the support of my husband now but I understand how hurtful it is to feel like you don't exist to people or your not relationship material due to weight.

Good luck on your journey! I hope we both have great success:)

Thank you so much. ???? Good luck on your journey too!!!

I also have PCOS I am already off metformin (took my last dose the day before surgery) and my endocrinologist thinks I can eliminate it which beyond thrills me! Good luck!!

Edited by CE24

Good luck!!????

Hey guys!

For those of you saying you have PCOS, did it help with insurance approval for the procedure? I'm in the 6 month wait phase and need all of the tips I can get! I, too, have always been the fat one. I turn 23 in April and weighed 265 at my initial consult on March 12th. The girl that no one wanted because she is morbidly obese. I am so ready for this change.

Yes absolutely! That was my comorbidity, i was approved in less than 24 hrs of my surgeons office submitting my paperwork. I was on the "lower end" of the paperwork. Depending on your height though your BMI should approve you all by itself. I didn't have to do a 6 month supervised diet.

See, I have been told that it would be counted as a comorbidity and I have been told that it's not "major" enough to be approved. My BMI is 41.2, but dealing with my insurance is like jumping through fire. Not only do I have to have a high BMI plus one major comorbidity, I also had to be considered at least 100lbs overweight, which I barely made the cut for. I researched and researched and researched some more, and from what I had read, if you are above 40, you have to have no comorbidity. It's all so confusing and sometimes discouraging!

Are you on medication for it? I was on metformin? Basically like a diabetic. Also if you're in a 40 BMIndoesnt that automatically make you 100 lbs overweight? I was a 37 and you could argue I was 100 lbs overweight. Im 5'4 started at 220 I could be 120 and be a healthy weight for my height so I could in theory lose 100 lbs and my BMI wasn't as high as yours. Also never heard of you needing a comorbidity over a 40 BMI but I guess your insurance could have different requirements. Simple solution call and ask and then request they send you what they tell you in a letter so you have documentation.