Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very nervous about Aetna weight gain

So all my paperwork has been submitted to insurance last Friday 2/13. I'm nervous bc I weighed 284 at the initial weigh -in and at my last appointment on Friday I weighed in at 293. I've worked so hard this entire time to try to get the weight back to the original 284 but it's been such a struggle, the lowest I've gotten is 290. I've cut out carbs, eaten high Protein, and drank about 120 oz of Water a day. I've also been working out every day but he weight won't budge. Will I get denied because of this? I've worked so hard and my doctors know it too.

I don't know, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I wonder if you can start the process again if they do deny you? I'm sure you'll have options for next steps. Stay positive. I'm sure you can get there.

I also have Aetna and my NUT told me if I gained even 1/4 lb Aetna will not approve me. Not sure if she told me this to scare me or if it's true. I had gained 5 lbs.

I called and spoke to the bariatric guru at Aetna and the one thing she stressed to me is to not gain a single pound during the supervised diet. I am pretty certain you'll get denied the first time but maybe your surgeons office can help you with an appeal. Or maybe you can do another month of weight loss and lose 10lbs.

Got approved today! Surgery on March 9th, anyone who is super anxious about this not working out over a small net gain, please take heart.

Got approved today! Surgery on March 9th, anyone who is super anxious about this not working out over a small net gain, please take heart.

Congratulations!! My paperwork will hopefully get sent in on Wednesday but I have a tentative date for March 11th.. I'm so scared about my weight gain but so far I'm down like 2 pounds. It's better than a gain!!!

Does anyone have the number they called at aetna

Congrats. My last NUT is friday and than my paperwork goes off to Aetna. Fingers crossed