Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Booked in for feb 27th in the uk :-)

Hi everyone, I've been lurking in here for some time... I've got my op date for 27th feb, and an now counting down the days!!

I'm excited and very scared... I've got to pay for the op this week, so no backing out once I've done that!

I'm 5'3 and am 229 at the mo, need to do a 10 day pre op so I'm already trying to get ready for that.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated :-)

After the third day the pre-op diet is pretty easy. Try to stay busy the first days. Good luck!

Hi Mandyboo,

whereabouts in UK are you? I'm in Aberdeenshire. Had surgery 2.5 years ago in Aberdeen.

Just take the pre-op one day at a time - keep your eye on the bigger goal. It is all so worth it!

Good luck :) x

Hi, I'm in Shropshire in the midlands :-) how are you finding it 2 years out? Any regrets? I don't know anyone else who has had this surgery... And I'm keeping it secret! :-)

No regrets at all - I've lost over 7 stone and feel as if I'm finally 'living my life' other than just chugging along.. Wish I had got this op earlier, but had to wait over 6 years on the NHS for it, going through all their hoops to get it.. If I had the means to do it with paying, I would have done it far quicker.

I do find myself sometimes going back to old habits nowadays, but pull myself in and trying to stay away from slider foods - mainly crackers! Eating just a piece of chicken nowadays though - and just a small piece reminds me that I still have a lot of restriction..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches