Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Exercise Changes Our DNA

Very cool - thanks for posting! Between the physical changes of the surgery, and the ability for exercise to change me on a molecular level, it really reaffirms that I now have the opportunity to change my life's trajectory and become a healthier person who will be able to maintain a healthy weight long-term. As someone who's been overweight my whole life that's a concept that's hard for me to get my head around. Thanks - this is very inspiring.

I needed to read this today... thank you for posting! Very interesting and informative. My hubby and I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in ages and man am I feelin it this morning... we are going again today... this information is motivational :)

Thank you for posting!

I think another take away is even if your BMI is over 25...an active lifestyle is so important!

I love being trim...many reasons...but after a lifetime of obesity the thing I value the most is good enough health and fitness to be able to live this way. Its GREAT to be able to have the energy and ability to DO. Way more important than number on the scale.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches