Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill on May 9th. Can't say it's working very well because I've gained 7 lbs since then!!! I'm not really all the hungry all the time but I think I just keep making the wrong food choices and I'm not exercising. I feel like such a failure! I don't know how to get on track and start losing. I need some help!!!

Sherri

When I started hating my scales again I started counting my calories. I stopped at around 1100. If I was still hungry I would fill up on sf popsicles.

Best of luck,

edie

No no! Not a failure! I didn't feel restricted until my 3rd fill!

OK. Let's think it through. Nobody's prefect... What of this are you doing or not doing?

~eating 3 times a day

~eating Protein first and then veges

~eating for no more than 15 minutes

~drinking no liquids during or for an hour after eating

~getting your calories from solids and not liquids, like Soups

~chew chew chewing

~pausing between bites

~using small plates and utensils

~eating mindfully without the TV or in a car or on the computer

~exercising

~are you binging? ~are you grazing?

~are you counting calories or fat or carbs or Protein grams?

Are you eating enough calories for your size or have you put your body in to starvation mode?

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

For every pound you want to lose per week, drop 500 calories from your maintenance calorie needs. 500 calories deficit * 7 days = 3,500 calores = 1 pound. Example, if you wanted to lose 2 lbs per week and your maintenance calories says to eat 2000 calories per day to maintain your current weight - then eat 1000 calories per day to lose 2 lbs for the week.

berry

Even if you are doing all of the above, (which is great advise) you have to know that the scale is not always going to go down. It took me 2 months to figure that one out. I didn't lose weight for 3 weeks straight, then all of a sudden I dropped 12lbs, then gained 4 back the next week. For me it has been very up and down, obviously much more downs than ups, but you get the point.

Try on some clothes that are a size smaller, or something you didn't fit into a couple months ago, see if they fit now. That always made me feel better. I had a button down shirt that I couldn't get to fit around my shoulders (never mind buttoning it) right before surgery. 2 months later and I can button the whole shirt down and wear it around town because I don't look like a stuffed sausage anymore! Hooray!

Try putting the scale away for a couple weeks and work on getting in your Protein, Water, and veggies, and go for a walk around the block, or do an excersize tape. Something to get you moving. Or run around the mall for a while and try on a ton of clothes. It'll definately get your mind off the scale!

Even if you still don't lose weight, you can feel better about getting your nutrition and excersize and knowing that you will be healthier in the long run because of it.

OK, enough of my preaching...