Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in June

HEY FRIENDS!

Well.....I am back! Sonoma and Napa were wonderful! Weather was cool and it times a little cold! Being a Texas girl I don't know if I could handle 50 degree temps in the middle of June!

I had a NSV moment while visiting Point Reyes. If y'all are not familiar with Point Reyes, Ca--it is a point on the coast (just west of Sonoma) that junts out to the sea--it has a little lighthouse on the very tip. Anywho, when Jon and I went there last year during Spring Break I didn't even try to attempt to walk down to the lighthouse ( it was just an effort to walk from the car 1.4 miles to the top of the mountain. To get to the lighthouse you have to walk down 302 VERY steep steps (I know the number because the mark them for you :rolleyes:) Also there is two steep ramps that you also have to walk down--okay anywho--not only to you have to walk down the steps...you have to eventually walk back up! And I did it!!!! :clap2:

I had lots and lots of fun...and drank lots and lots of wine!!! he he!

:) Denise

YEAH

The girls are back in town!

So glad both of you Denise and TammyJ had a good time!

You were missed!

Wow, thats awesome Lori!

I'm glad you guys had fun on vacation Denise and Tammy. Vacations are always nice.

I'm feeling ready to start working out slowly. I had planned on walking the dog more to do that and I will do that, but its going to be short walks at night cause its hot here! I'm not a midwestern gal who enjoys humidity. Or freezing cold either. Someday I've got to move to a more temperate climate... So I need to just get my butt over to the gym. The gym is nice. Its a place that has air conditioning for one thing. And equipements and matts and stuff so I don't have to worry about where I'm going to work out and if I'm going to stumble over a drill in the process. It also a consistent workout which is good for my muscles-- they protest with days of spasms if I try to push too much on them all at once. And then I can take pilates again. I like pilates.

And also, I weighed myself this morning, and suddenly it read 221 the first time, then 220 the next time (this is after showing 232 - 236 yesterday) ... I guarantee I did not drop 10+ lbs overnight. I moved the scale a little and weighed myself again at it claimed 230 (which is probably accurate, and close to my low of 228). Anyhow, I'm beginning to think my scale is posessed and maybe it's time for him to retire. Sad for me though cause I love the little scale (it saves your last weight and measures your body fat and is just generally cool) and it was a gift for my 28th birthday. All the same, perhaps it his time for his replacement.

Does it have a battery that may need replacing??:rolleyes

Welcome back to all those who were on holidays!!!! Change is so nice for the mind and soul;.

Well things are moving I am so happy to say, just hope I can keep them that way. Thanks for your tips, I think The benefibre has surely helped, I think "Ben" and I are going to be best buds!

Have a good weekend everybody. I am off to the beach for a girls weekend. I shall be testing the band with booze . I haven't done too much drinking ( Alcohol) since getting the band. Only one person THat I will be partying with knows that I have the band. I hope that I can Still handle my booze. It just might be a liquid diet for the weekend. I am so excited about having a drink that I went to the liquor store and spent $200.00 because I couldn't decide what I might want to drink???????

Hope to talk to you all on Monday. Wish me luck.

I can't believe it! As of today's weigh in, I'm official "overweight" rather than "obese" (according to BMI charts). Plus I'm at the 1/2 way point in my journey. I actually cried this morning when I got on the scale and it said 191.

Had my 2nd fill yesterday. My Dr. thought 5cc's would work, and he was happy with my loss. Goal #2 is to reach 180. This will be the lightest I've been in my adult life. I wonder what that will feel like?

Everyone is doing so well! We definately made the right decision to be banded! Lovin' life and Lovin' my band!

Sophie...Way to go! Nothing like hitting your goals.

I made my first goal. Lose 50 lbs by my Birthday. Since its not till September, I've already done it. I'm thinking about trying for another 25. Instead of being Fat at 40 I'll be closer to Fit at 40! Well...not quite. But I'm well on my way!

Y'all have a great weekend! Marchies Rock!

I can't believe it! As of today's weigh in, I'm official "overweight" rather than "obese" (according to BMI charts). Plus I'm at the 1/2 way point in my journey. I actually cried this morning when I got on the scale and it said 191.

Had my 2nd fill yesterday. My Dr. thought 5cc's would work, and he was happy with my loss. Goal #2 is to reach 180. This will be the lightest I've been in my adult life. I wonder what that will feel like?

Everyone is doing so well! We definately made the right decision to be banded! Lovin' life and Lovin' my band!

:wow2::wow2::wow2: Congratulations Sophie!!! That is so good to hear! Reading about everyone's success makes me believe mine are attainable as well! :)

Sophie what wonderful news! Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

Very inspirational, thank you!

I'm at 1cc fill now and I think its a good fill level. I can eat and feel satisfied and have more than three bites without danger of a PB, but I don't eat much at all, definitely less than 1 cup, I'm losing weight, not hungry, etc. So I am happy. But I have been eating too much junkfood this weekend. Its my hormones, I swear. All their fault. LOL. Since my estrogen dose has been adjusted due to my weight loss it takes a while to get used to so those have been wacky. So last week I had PMS. That meant I wanted chocolate, a lot of it and NOW and I was thinking of babies. Now my period is here so I feel like being healthier and not thinking of babies.

DH and I went to flat top grill for dinner today. It opened up recently in town. I thought it was pretty good from a bandster perspective as I got to choose my various veggies and stuff and Protein and have it all grilled up. Plus there are other choices, like I could have had it made into a salad, but I didn't feel like it. And since I just had the one bowl it didn't cost any thing for me to take it home. Plus I got a student discount since its on campus. Being a perpetual student does have some perks in a college town. I had a mojito wich probably negated all the good nutrition but it was really refreshing. Tomorrow I can eat left overs and no alchohol! And no chocholate either (we are all out for one thing...). And see about joining the gym to repent for my chocolate and alchohol sins. we have a big gass grill and its fine, but its sort of messy to me, and if I am making dinner for just DH and myself I am inclined more often than not to use this counter top griddle grill thing we have. I can put it in the dishwasher afterward for one thing, its non stick, and it works just fine. Plus I don't have to juggle plates while I'm trying to open the door. hope everyone else is having a good weekend!

Morning Ya'll

I know I havent posted in a while, been doing good been getting more Protein in and drinking more Water. this weekend I had hald of a double cheese burger my cat Goya ate the rest!!! she so bad!!

I had 2 tacos with meat and cheese on Saturday and celery & ranch for dinner, then later that night I had snow peas EDAMAME & cucumber sushi.....

I made a promise to myself not to have another drink I liked the fact that I could get tipsy so quick!!! yipee!!!

But I allow myself to go over board and I dont want to lose control like that, I have come to far sinch March 5th to lose weight so I know I can do this.....

I Love U All

and a super day and I will let you guys know my progress with my weight I have a doctors appoinment on today around 1pm.

Wish me LUCK!!!

So not to be all "woe is me", but let me tell you about my last 10 days or so.

Last Wednesday (as in a week and a half ago - June 13th is would have been) I got up around six, went swimming, then went into work. I was leaving for the rest of the week, so I had tons to do. I worked until 6:30 pm, then went home and packed and then drove 2.5 hours to Mesa. I got up at 5 the next morning and drove the last hour to my sister's house. I watched her three kids Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights - and, though she swears they never do this, the kids were up before 5:30 every morning.

Sunday night I went back to my BFs house and stayed the night. I got up at 4:30 the next morning to drive back home, so I was at work by 7:00. That started an entire week of in before 7am, out after 8pm. Thursday night I worked until midnight. I went in at 6 am on Friday and worked until 2:30 the Saturday morning (left the office one time - to go to the bank). I went home for a few hours, and was back to work before 7 Saturday morning. (In addition to running the business and my regular work, we're coming up on month-end, which also happens to be our year-end and preparing for my sister/partner/book-keeper (I know nothing of this part of the business) to be gone for a week or so right at the end of the month). And, my other sister was in charge of a volleyball tournament this weekend which she put a lot of effort into, which is the main reason for the two late nights - we made 45 shirts and 175 very involved programs with information and photos of every girl, etc. etc. etc.

When I left on Saturday, I kind of wanted to just curl up and die, but I went to the volleyball tournament. I was home by six pm, and I kid you not, I pretty much stayed in bed for the next 24 hours. Probably 16 of those hours actually sleeping.< /p>

But, I got up last night and went for a bike ride. I had crab for dinner. I was up late due to the incredible sleep-marathon, but I fell asleep around 1am, got up at 6 this morning ... went for a bike ride with my dog, then went swimming with my sister.

I don't care for Isopure (it's grossly sweet), but I have a bottle of it I'm about to consume for Breakfast. For lunch I'll have cottage cheese, and for dinner I'll have salmon.

I feel good again. More like I did two weeks ago. I'll go to my belly-dancing class again tonight. And I'll be in bed by 10. I can't do this 4 or 5 hours a night very long.

Welcome back Tammy & Denise!

Congrats to the others on meeting your goals!

I haven't really set a weight-related goal yet, but I'd like to be under 200 by the end of summer - that's 14 lbs per month I'd have to lose.