Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled with Dr. Alejandro Lopez at VIDA Hospital Feb or March

@@nieyajenee,

Sorry to hear no one has reached out to you. I understand how disconcerting it feels. Try reaching them as follows;

drlopez@obesityguadalajara.com

anakaren@obesityguadalajara.com - she is the patient coordinator and nutritionist

www.obesityguadalajara.com - click the US flag in the right corner to see the website in English

I've been in contact with them both as I'm scheduled on March 4th. I'm sure you will be able to contact them and settle the concerns. It threw me for a loop for a minute, but I'm moving forward.

Please keep me posted on whether you're able to reach them.

SleevedNfree- how are you able to contact Dr. Lopez. I'm scheduled for March and I have paid my deposit and more. I did not get an email but I am finding out what's going on through reading yours and other post. I've emailed my coordinator I had through specialized bariatrics and I get a generic message about contract negotiations. Can you please please please give me the number or the email address you are using to contact Dr. Lopez directly. I am truly bothered by this especially now that I can't reach anyone and they are no longer responding to my email. I know my date is not until March 16th but I need to know everything is still on. Thanks if you can help.

@nieyajenee,

I forgot to include the phone number to Dr. Lopez - 773-840-8180. I'm sure you will be fine.... keep me posted.

Thank you so much for the contact information. You have no idea how much better I feel knowing I can hopefully email them to make sure everything is still on. Thanks a bunch again and I will post soon hopefully that everything is fine.

@@nieyajenee,

You are so very welcome! I certainly understand how unsettling this feels as I was in your shows this past Saturday when I got the note. I also spoke with another fellow sleever @@mdlange today who was sleeved with Dr. Lopez on Feb. 4th. She was extremely helpful. You'll notice her posts on this forum as well. So wishing you all the best and more!

Thank you so much for the contact information. You have no idea how much better I feel knowing I can hopefully email them to make sure everything is still on. Thanks a bunch again and I will post soon hopefully that everything is fine.

Hi everybody! My VSG surgery was last Wednesday Feb 4. I used Dr. alejandro lopez with Specialized Bariatrics at Vida Hospital. Walking into the hospital was like walking into an Architectural Digest photo shoot! Absolutely beautiful, state of the art. My husband and I were treated so very well there by everyone we came into contact with. Every step was discussed, explained until we no longer had any questions. The surgery went very well, recovery was painful but tolerable. I was up and walking the next morning, trolling the halls. I was in a private room Thursday morning and it was super fancy! Silk quilts, infinity marble sinks. But super low toilets. They seriously need to get taller toilets! OK, so I start drinking, expecting the worse, and wow, no issues! I can drink Water, broth, gatorade, anything I want! And plenty of it! On Thursday I guess I slept a little too much and didn't get enough Fluid in and got a horrible headache. I sipped-sipped-sipped it away! No drugs needed, just more hydration. Released from hospital Friday, started running low grade fever Friday night. Sandra, our coordinator, came to the hotel, took my temp and called the Dr. He spoke with my husband on the phone and said this was not out of the ordinary but he wanted to stay on top of it. Sandra went out and picked up a prescription for me and brought it back to the hotel (that always happens in the US, right?!?). I ran a little temp on and off Fri-Sun. Never higher than 100. Fever free since Sunday evening. Trip home was easy-peasy. Drinking plenty of Protein shakes, broth, Water, ION drinks, and doing great! I do get weary in the afternoons, so I sit down for a while, sometimes nap. I have lost 10 pounds in this past week. I would do this all over again in a hot minute! I am eternally grateful to the veterans on this site like @ who guided me through this entire experience and kept me from freaking out. The only way I can repay their generosity is to pay it forward! I love being on the LOSERS BENCH!

I am so happy to hear everything went so well! I have not posted much lately due to my bronchitis which is resolved (fingers crossed). Looks like your decision to go to Mexico was a great one!! Wow I hope I can do as well as you! I'm still waiting for my Dr.'s offices to send records to my surgeon. Then I will do psych eval. I did my sleep study and hand carried the results to the surgeon lol! I still don't understand why they need 2 years of documentation of co-morbids when my BMI has been over 40 for the last 2 years and it is a Medicare Advantage Program. Supposedly they have to follow Medicare guidelines... Well now I need one more co-morbid but as I explained before they are not cut and dry. Really wish it was not so nebulous. Please keep up the play by play. It is so helpful!! What medication i.e. Gas-Ex strips has been your best ally against gas?

Hi!

Everything is still scheduled for March 16th and I am very confident that everything will be great. I was able to contact Anakaren via email. As a matter of fact, I was having another email conversation with her again this evening regarding flights and my companions accommodations. This series of post has been very helpful and supportive! I've read the post you recommended from the lady who recently had the surgery and it helped calm my fears. Thanks again for initially responding to my post and for checking back with me!

@nieyajenee - so happy to hear that and you are most welcome. We are here to help each other and continue to pay-it-forward. All the best!

Hi!
Everything is still scheduled for March 16th and I am very confident that everything will be great. I was able to contact Anakaren via email. As a matter of fact, I was having another email conversation with her again this evening regarding flights and my companions accommodations. This series of post has been very helpful and supportive! I've read the post you recommended from the lady who recently had the surgery and it helped calm my fears. Thanks again for initially responding to my post and for checking back with me!

Hi!

You will do just fine! I remember being so anxious before hand, planning, packing, worrying! I SO wanted to just be on the other side of all this! Well, I am on the other side now, and am doing just fine! All of the worries about leaks, vomiting, unbearable pain were all for nothing. Yes, it is a rough 3 days. But, it is 3 days! And, it really isn't that rough. If you have had a c-section or hysterectomy, let me tell you, this is about 1/4 as bad as that. Really. And, I have lost 30 pounds. 30 POUNDS! When was the last time we said that? And, I know it is going to stay off. There is simply no way that it won't. And i am not hungry. Ever. Dr. Lopez and his team are fantastic. Vida is incredible. Tijuana is safe, fun! You got this, girl!