Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your meal/protein schedule

I am one week postop and I am having a very hard time getting on a meal and Protein Drink schedule. So far I've just been able to tolerate Jell-O and only a couple of days have I been able to get down all three Protein Drinks. I'm wondering what works for everyone else as far as approximately what time you eat and what time you drink a shake. Thanks so much.

I am one week postop and I am having a very hard time getting on a meal and Protein drink schedule. So far I've just been able to tolerate Jell-O and only a couple of days have I been able to get down all three Protein drinks. I'm wondering what works for everyone else as far as approximately what time you eat and what time you drink a shake. Thanks so much.

Honestly, one week post op I was still focusing on getting in all my fluids by the end of the day and since I was still at home recovering I didn't have a particular schedule. Now that I have been back to work for a month and have transitioned to regular foods. I'm still trying to figure out my schedule! I have a long commute and so I have learned that I just can't eat Breakfast before work anymore or I get completely "off schedule" and am very "empty" by the time I get home.

I should've how did Water in there as well I never get in all of my Water in fact I get in maybe 16 ounces a day

Honestly I just used a tiny no-spill cup (like toddlers use) that had the ounces measured on the side. The first thing I did in the morning was fill it up with 8 oz of water (or 4 oz of 100% juice mixed with 4 oz of water) and I made sure to drink throughout the day. I think having the measurements right there on the cup was very helpful for me personally. Drinking made me nauseated for a long time after surgery and sometimes still can! It's really hard at first but try and set an alarm on your phone and make sure to drink a few ounces every time it goes off. You'll get it all in eventually. You're only one week out and it's only going to get easier.

OH! Editing to add that I find warm beverages easier to drink. If you're allowed herbal non caffeinated tea, try some hot tea! That will help you get your fluids in. Even heating up 4 oz of apple juice (100%) mixed with 4 oz of water is good. Some people boil their water in a tea kettle and drink that to help it go down without nausea.

Edited by heynowkc

The nurse at the hospital told us that if your home watching TV at every commercial break, to start sipping your Water. I'm not back at work yet but it does help

are you on myfitnesspal? if so, add me. I share my diary and eat just about everything (sleeved 12/17)

if you'd want id be more than happy to share recipes and meal ideas!!

username : disgratz0414

plus logging everything keeps you accountable and makes for better choices!

are you on myfitnesspal? if so, add me. I share my diary and eat just about everything (sleeved 12/17)

if you'd want id be more than happy to share recipes and meal ideas!!

username : disgratz0414

plus logging everything keeps you accountable and makes for better choices!

@@DgotSleeved, do you mind if I add you on MFP too? I was sleeved on 1/5 and need to find all the support I can get, my user name is @CleatusJones

Make your Protein your fluids. Try unflavored Protein Powder, try Isopure in Powerade zero, or gatorade. That way you are killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Isopure alone has a weird taste, but I mixed grape with grape powerade zero and it is tasty!