Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food.. I hate you

I know it's hard to believe but I'm not a big fan of food..I can really just take it or leave it...with that being said I emotional eat. Weekends are hard for me...I have only eaten a total of 356 calories today and that was hard...I get busy then forget to eat..I think I'm sabotaging myself...does anyone have this problem where you just don't wanna eat.

I always want to eat unfortunately, but when I do it's kind of disappointing. That's a good thing I guess! I'm hoping it will help change my desire to eat over time since the reward and satisfaction isn't really there anymore.

For me, the disinterest in food was temporary. At about six months out, eating was comfortable. My nausea was far behind me and forgotten. Luckily, the temptation to overeat is still much diminished. I have a good appetite, but I am satisfied pretty quickly.

For me, the disinterest in food was temporary. At about six months out, eating was comfortable. My nausea was far behind me and forgotten. Luckily, the temptation to overeat is still much diminished. I have a good appetite, but I am satisfied pretty quickly.

I am nearly 6 months out also. I have had the exact same experience as you.

In the first 6 months, eating was such a chore that I dreaded it. That was a shocking experience for me. Then, the next year or so, nothing ever tasted like I expected it to, also a disappointment. Lately, however, food has started to taste good. That, my friends, is terrifying to me. I think I liked it better when I didn't like food. Take advantage of this time.

I never really been interested in food. Right now I eat because I have to. Monday -Friday I can eat my 3 meals and be ok,, I thinks its the structure of the work day. But the weekends...horrible back to eating that one meal and since I can't eat much it looks like 3 chicken grilled chicken tenders around 5 at night.

I too am completely uninterested in food since my surgery however, I didn't have this issue before my surgery. I was an emotional eater too but I was VERY interested in where my next meal, snack or victim was coming from! LOL

I'm glad to see it's not just me at this phase, 6 weeks out. I was wondering the other day if I would ever want to eat again. I get hungry and thank God, satisfied very easily but I don't want to eat most times because I'm just not enjoying it these days. Oh well, I'll take this time to get the weight off so I'll be combat ready when the joy does return!

Best wishes to you.