Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rocky1 or anyone, any idea if Dr. Corvala uses an absorbable polyme membrane(APM) to reinforce the staple line for vsg Does he invert the staple line using the david kim "inveted" gastric sleeve technique. that is where three rows of staples are used on the sleeve. IT is then sutured over the staple line. the sutured staple line is then inverted to the inside of the stomach and sutured again(french seam). These techniques supposedly significanlty strengthen the sleeve. Dr David Kim who is a famous bariatric surgeon in dallas advertises that he uses the inverted technique on his vsg patients. I'm a bit paranoid about leaks and would prefer someone who uses APM and the inverted sleeve technique to strenghten the leeve. I 've also read the length of the sleeve is referred to as the boogie and an optimal boogie of 32 or 34 is idea but i have no idea if there is any truth to that. I"m currently scheduled with dr Corvala on june 23. I'm also looking at using dr kim or dr nicholson in dallas. my family is not very supportive of my consiering Mexico. Dr Corvala at hospital Angeles is the ony mexican bariatric dr and facility i would consider. The strip mall locaionts in tiajuanasound like butcher shops to some extent based on some of th posts i've been reading on forums. dr covala is 6500 if you make your 650 down payment b the 15th of february which i've done. apparently it goes up to7500 on feb 16 due to an increaase in thehospital fee. dr. nickolson in dallas is at 12,200 for a vsg and I think dr kim is between 13000 and 14000 for a vsg but i am not entirely sure yet what he charges. I'm really pushing hospital angeles to stay at the hospital the five full days they advertise on their website so i have a long recoveryin the hospital and take advangage of the free post 6 pm check in the day before the procedure. that would to be a total of 6 nights in the hospital for me. the hospital care at hospital angeles and dr. corvala's rep is why i might use him versus dr .kim or dr nichsolson in dallas. the case manager at hopital angeles is pushing back saying that 3 nights post op in the hopital is sufficient but i will insist on the five nightes for vsg they advertise on their website. if for some reason i back out of using dr corvalai've been told by my hospital angeles case manager that i would forfeit 10% of the surgery down payment. sine the down payment was 650(i.e 10% of hte 6500 total fee) i fould forfeit $65 should I cancel as a paperwork admin fee. THat is not an unreasonable policy. for anyone who has or is seriouly considering dr . corvaa for vsg please keep me posted. i have a bmi of 44.

Here are a bunch of pictures of my experience with Dr Corvala and Angeles Hospital in TJ. Amazing experience. I couldn't more pleased. World class, state of the art facility with top surgeons, staff and protocol and the icing is the spa like atmosphere ;-)

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/332074-anyone-at-angeles-tj-or-with-dr-corvala-onaround-feb-19th/?p=3761436

and more pictures:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/332074-anyone-at-angeles-tj-or-with-dr-corvala-onaround-feb-19th/?p=3762637

I am an ICU nurse, been doing this for 27 years. I feel I have done my due diligence and interviewed and assessed multiple processes and surgeons. I am very confident that I have made the right decision, I will be having my sleeve by Dr Elias Ortiz on Monday March 2, through A Lighter Me.

My process might be different from anyone else... and my criteria might be different than other. I am NOT a spokesperson for any doctor or organization. I believe in trust and honesty. Again, I feel I have made the right decision for me.

Now back to your regular program.... LOL

@@defibvt - I have a friend scheduled sx for Dr. Elias Oritz... Can you tell me about your experience? You can email me if needed- jasmine.wilson@aegistherapies.com

@@jasminew My experience was as an ICU nurse. I expected clean and safe care. I was picked up at the San Diego ariport and taken to the hotel, it was very nice and I felt safe walking in the area. I was taken to the hospital and had pre-op labs and an EKG done. Nothing different from what I had experienced myself in the States. My surgery went well. The doctors had all met me and talked to me, I was given versed and propofol during my surgery and my recovery time in the PACU was uneventful... I have to admit, the first night was awesome, as was the care I received while I was there... there were only 9 beds on the floor I was on and 2 nurses... that is 4.5 patients/per nurse and is extremely awesome ratios, you do not see that here in the States. I was given scheduled Antibiotics, anti nausea meds, pain medication and antacid medication. I never experienced any problems. On discharge date, I was given a lovenox (blood thinner) and we were taken back to the hotel for 2 more days to recover. The staff of A Lighter Me were very attentive and available. On arriving home, I spiked a temp and spent time 1 on 1 talking with Dr Ortiz, and agreed to take an additional antibiotic (I got strept throat, most like the airplane), my recovery went well after that. My success and experience, were enough for my sister to pay for her son to go there to have his sleeve, by the same MD, in June of this year, and my neighbor is working with A Lighter Me to have her sleeve done as well... I feel very comfortable giving my support for A Lighter Me and Dr Ortiz. I hope this helps... if you have any further questions... please don't hesitate to ask.