Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After what feels like a long and strenuous journey, I finally have a surgery date! I am so excited. (And a little nervous). This past month has been super challenging, and I've sometimes wondered if I should be getting surgery right now. I feel guilty because my husband has stage 4 metastatic kidney cancer. He will be starting a new cancer drug, and I will be out of town for close to a week for the surgery. He is fine about me having the surgery, though. He knows I need to get healthy.

Anyway!!! Who else is having surgery in March or the end of February? And did I mention the surgery is the day after my birthday? I am asking my family for ramekins (custard cups), tiny sauce cups, dip bowls, appetizer plates and silverware, and whatever else I find might be good to have in my post surgery life. My surgery is at St. Lukes in Phoenix, and My doc is Dr. Juarez. I'm having an open gastric bypass revising an old 1989 stomach stapling.

I'm scheduled for March 3rd too! I'm having mine done in Ottawa, Ontario! I start my liquid diet next week. I'm both excited and a little scared, but it's what we have all worked towards for the last while. good luck!

I am waiting for a surgery date from Dr. Juarez. Is there a reason why you're scheduled out to March 3 because I was under the impression he was only two weeks out? By the way congratulations!

Congratulations on the surgery dates!!

@@highdesertblue Great gift ideas!! I just bought myself a little espresso cup to make those first few days post op drinking 1 oz at a time a bit more special haha

@@jcmo I'm also in Ottawa! saw the surgeon last week and am waiting on the edge of my seat for them to call me already! I'm hoping for mid to the end of March

I live about three hours away from Phoenix, @@StephanieM, and I want to take the 201 class on the same visit to PHO (on Feb 17 ) as the pre op. testing. I'm not able to attend the Feb 11 201 class because I have a prior commitment. Did you get your insurance approval yet? They called me 3 business days after my insurance approval.

Edited by highdesertblue

My experience is kind of a long story. I started off with a different surgeon and completed all of my requirements. My other surgeon is the one that submitted my request to my insurance, my insurance approved it and then I switched to Dr. Juarez. I had to resubmit to my insurance through Dr. Juarez, so I'm now I am waiting for my approval again. My insurance said it should only take a couple days because I was just approved. As soon as I get my approval I am hoping for a surgery date as soon as possible. I'm attending the 202 class next week on Thursday.

@@StephanieM let me know when you get your surgery date. I hope it is soon!

March 9th is my date and I am so excited but a tad bit nervous too' I start my pre-op diet on the 23rd! I am having my surgery in Iowa :) Please keep us updated on your progress and I will add your husband to my prayer list!

Edited by Thankfulmomof3

e

Hi!

My surgery is scheduled for March 5th here in Seattle at Virginia Mason with Dr. Chang. I'm a little nervous , but the hospital has a great reputation . I start my pre op diet next Thursday the 19th. That will most likely be a bit of a struggle, but I want to give myself the best head start that I can. I'm exercising as much as I can.

Having a great support system is important as well. My husband is awesome. Don't be surprised if you have emotions coming up before surgery, I have :blink:

good luck to all of you!

Peace

@@highdesertblue My surgery is scheduled for March 3rd with Dr Juarez!!! My time is 10:30, I'd love to meet you at the hospital!!!!

I am also a March 3 surgery in Houston, Texas. I just found out last week I've been approved, have pre op dr visit on Tuesday, Feb 24 and then surgery on March 3...it's going fast but at least I don't have time to get real nervous!