Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well tomorrow is my day. I am feeling rather nervous and I little scared but im ready. Here we come 6am arrival followed by an 8am surgery. Praying for a text book procedure followed by a quick recovery.

It's you day! Good luck & you will be fine! It all happens so fast!

I am 8 hours out and requested the sponge straw thing so I didn't have to fight the urge to chug

By 8 hours out I was having ice chips..

Hello everyone, good luck to those getting their surgeries today. I am really disappointed. I went to do a weigh in today and didn't lose the required weight for surgery. My patient advocate told me I have to lose 5lbs by Monday morning or the doctor will cancel my surgery. I'm so very disappointed. I have done everything that was asked of me. I have not cheated on this stupid liquid diet and I have been working out. How am I suppose to lose 5lbs by Monday? Am I being set-up for failure? I feel so lost right now. :(

Hello everyone, good luck to those getting their surgeries today. I am really disappointed. I went to do a weigh in today and didn't lose the required weight for surgery. My patient advocate told me I have to lose 5lbs by Monday morning or the doctor will cancel my surgery. I'm so very disappointed. I have done everything that was asked of me. I have not cheated on this stupid liquid diet and I have been working out. How am I suppose to lose 5lbs by Monday? Am I being set-up for failure? I feel so lost right now. :(

That would be crappy of them to cancel your surgery over 5lbs.

How much did you have to lose? Fortunately I didn't have to lose a certain amount during my pre-op diet, but I did lose 21lbs on it.

@@ladycook9713, I had to lose 15lbs and I only lost 7lbs. But what gets me even more upset is that my patient advocate didn't believe me when I told him I didn't cheat. He said I should have lost more weight. I have not cheated not even once and no one knows how hard this liquid diet has been for me, but I can honestly say that I am freakin' proud of myself that was strong enough to resist the temptation to cheat. I don't know what to do. This is all very discouraging.

What I did a couple of times before weigh in was the night before wrap up in plastic wrap and sleep in it and try to sweat. Or the next morning exercise or dance and sweat off Water weight. Take durex too starting today. Drink lots of water and pee a lot.

@@ladycook9713, I had to lose 15lbs and I only lost 7lbs. But what gets me even more upset is that my patient advocate didn't believe me when I told him I didn't cheat. He said I should have lost more weight. I have not cheated not even once and no one knows how hard this liquid diet has been for me, but I can honestly say that I am freakin' proud of myself that was strong enough to resist the temptation to cheat. I don't know what to do. This is all very discouraging.

Have you been tracking what your eating? I used MyFitnessPal and tracked everything I ate during the pre-op diet. I was only consuming 600-700 calories a day.

And that's really sucky of your NUT to not believe you. That's not being very supportive.

Edited by ladycook9713

@@heav85, Thank you. I've been working out but for these next 3 days I'm going to have to put in 2 hours at the gym and spend my days walking or biking, exercise as much as possible. I read you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1lb.

@@ladycook9713, I haven't eaten any food since March 15. For these 12 days, I have done nothing but drink Water and the shakes that the nutritionist gave me. These 5 shakes a day equal to 800 calories a day.

You can lose 5 pounds over the weekend.. lots of water.. and 3 Protein Shakes a day. 25-30 grams of Protein and lowest carbs you can find (under 5 grams). I had lots of broths and Soup and I think the sodium content made me retain water.. I cut those out and lost 11 pounds on my 2 week preop diet.

Dont work out...just walk....and nothing but Water and sugar free Jello

I'm so sorry this is happening -- I know exactly how you feel. My surgery was scheduled for Wednesday, I was halfway through the pre-op diet and we learned that there is a tiny clause in my employer schedule that prohibits ANY out-of-network bariatric services, even though for the past 8 months we've been getting a completely different story directly from the insurance company. So, my pre-op appointment and surgery have been cancelled after 8 months of working toward this goal. I am in the process of switching to an in-network provider, but I was so close -- vacation time scheduled for both me AND my husband, all the supplies purchased, etc. -- and now it could be MONTHS before I am rescheduled. I'm so discouraged I could cry. I will be praying that your surgeons will overlook 5 stupid pounds and get you taken care of!

I definitely wouldn't work out. Just tons of Water and walking. Working out will make you retain water and then it will look like you haven't lost anything.

@@Chrystee, thank you for your encouragement. I pray I can lose these 5lbs. I've done everything asked of me. Although they want me to drink 5 shakes a day, I'm going to cut back to 3 or even 2. The sodium per shake is 220mg, which is a lot.

@@Msnursekrystal, thanks! My workouts have consisted of nothing but cardio: Zumba, Elliptical, and Walking. As I said, I'm going to cut back on these shakes.

@@LosingSomeLisa, it is so upsetting. I called my boyfriend crying how am I going to lose 5lbs by Monday morning. I wanted to give up, but I've come too far. It's not my fault I haven't lost more. I really hope he does my surgery and sees that I still have lost. I hope this setback of your doesn't take too long. I hope you can get your surgery schedule as soon as possible especially if it wasn't your fault. The insurance company should know better. You know they say patience is a virtue, so we must be very virtuous people.

@@Chrystee, thank you for your encouragement. I pray I can lose these 5lbs. I've done everything asked of me. Although they want me to drink 5 shakes a day, I'm going to cut back to 3 or even 2. The sodium per shake is 220mg, which is a lot.

@@Msnursekrystal, thanks! My workouts have consisted of nothing but cardio: Zumba, Elliptical, and Walking. As I said, I'm going to cut back on these shakes.< /p>

@@LosingSomeLisa, it is so upsetting. I called my boyfriend crying how am I going to lose 5lbs by Monday morning. I wanted to give up, but I've come too far. It's not my fault I haven't lost more. I really hope he does my surgery and sees that I still have lost. I hope this setback of your doesn't take too long. I hope you can get your surgery schedule as soon as possible especially if it wasn't your fault. The insurance company should know better. You know they say patience is a virtue, so we must be very virtuous people.

Those could be building muscle

My surgery date is scheduled for this Monday March 30th. I'm so ready to start this new journey for myself and my family