Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted to share my success and the method to my madness!

My heaviest recorded weight was 265 lbs. Weight at first doc appointment was 250 lbs., at surgery 238 pounds.

I am 38 weeks post op. As of this morning I am at 164 lbs.! I am hoping to get to 150-155 some day but right now, my goal is to stay below 165. That will be my panic button weight. :D

WOOT WOOT!

Here is what has worked for me:

- I exercise with a trainer 2-3 times per week and a total of 5 times a week. I look forward to my morning workouts. Even if it is -40 wind chill out, I am getting my cold butt to the gym! ;) lol. I burn 350 to 600 calories per to my Polar watch. Another great benefit of the strength training: Very little lose skin. People tell me that I look 20 years younger!

- I stay on my feet when I am home, as much as I can. I can't seem to be able to sit down. Certainly a change for me but I am using my new found energy to stay active, on my exercise as well as rest days. I clean and organize my house, volunteer and keep myself busy.

- I drink about 100 ounces of Water a day since I workout so much. That helps a lot with Constipation too.

- I track everything on MFP and track an average of 1000-1100 calories a day, 100 to 120 gms of carb & the same amount of Protein. I measure everything! This works for me because I work out. I cannot keep a calorie and carb count like this without the amount of exercise I do.

Keep in mind that everyone has to find their own way to make the sleeve work for them. Support groups like this one are extremely helpful but you cannot judge your success with what others are experiencing. I feel like I will be tracking and measuring for a foreseeable future but I don't mind at all!

Talking about the pace of weight loss: I was losing an average of 10 lbs per month until the last 3-4 months. Since then it's been 5-7 lbs per month. Slow and steady!

So, find your way and make it work!

Congratulations! That is an awesome accomplishment.