Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've only lost about 15 and I'm 2 weeks post op. But my total loss is officially 50lbs so far so I'm pretty happy.

I've actually had to hide the scale to keep me from constantly checking.

You shouldn't compare yourself to others. Some people are fast losers and others are slow and steady. As long as the scale is going in the right direction, that's all that matter.

Thankyou for you motivation(: i just wanna ask u.. I dont take any Vitamins nor Protein shakes my doc didnt prescribe any shakes for me is that wrong? And what is the purpose of drinking Protein Shakes??that would make me loose weight or feel full and not hungry?

No it's not wrong. Some doctor's prefer to ease patients back into eating regular meals so they start them off with Protein Shakes. I was drinking them before surgery because I work out in the morning and they are easier on my stomach than trying to eat and work out. On non gym days I tend to just eat regular food. On the other hand some doctors prefer that their patients learn to get all of their Protein from food. It's just different styles. Same with Vitamins. Some doctors recommend a Multi Vitamins. Others don't. Others like mine follow the same protocol for gastric bypass patients. Again I was already taking a multi and Biotin before surgery so the only new supplements are the B12, D3 and calcium citrate. As long as you aren't feeling run down and you doctor is monitoring your blood work you should be fine.

Here is advice I give in all sorts of situations: Don't let perfection get in the way of progress!!

Breathe. Focus on the Protein intake and getting enough fluids. Avoid high sugar. You'll feel better and do fine.

Good luck!

Friday I had the full sit down appt with my NUT, she told me I was doing great. But, I am obessing over the numbers. She suggested I give myself a break and have a reward meal. I had chinese take out, shrimp and chicken with green Beans. My husband took me to See's candy store this weekend and while he and our 2 boys were eating samples of different chocolates, he walked me over to the counter and asked for sugar-free dark chocolate...it had walnuts in it too!! It took me almost 10 minutes to eat the damn thing, but I felt a little more "human" and relaxed. I kicked up my workout today to make up for it lol. All in all, I appreciate everyones feedback.

@@lynn sh, sometimes that feeling of being hungry has to do with needing fluids. Congratulations on your weight loss!

I need advise! I had the gastric sleeve surgery done 6 months ago and haven't lost a single pound in 3 months. I'm wondering if it may have to do with my hypothyroid? The problem is my husband got laid off from his job so we no longer have insurance. So I can't contact my doctor to ask, or get blood work done. At least until we get insurance again. Does anyone on here know if my thyroid could be the reason I am not losing any weight? I barely eat anything! I can't understand it. I'm wondering if I should stop taking the medication, or just take it every other day? Help!

Starving your body is never the answer. You're malnurished so whatever you do eat your body stores. Go back to eating Protein every 3 hours and keeping up on your fluids. Get a woman's Multi-Vitamin and take it everyday. You may be able to consult with your surgeon's nurse practitioner. They're there to support you too. You got the post op nutrition guidelines 6 months ago. You can do this.

Edited by Brandalyn

Does anyone on here know if my thyroid could be the reason I am not losing any weight? I barely eat anything! I can't understand it. I'm wondering if I should stop taking the medication, or just take it every other day? Help!

Yes, it can certainly make it harder to lose weight, but taking the medication should get your levels back to normal. Although this won't actually *help* you lose weight, at least it won't be working against you.

Maybe do a shakes phase to try and get back on track?

What kinds and amounts of exercise are you getting?

It is so normal to stress at this time about failing. This won't work. I made a mistake. All common feelings and will be there until you lose the lbs. you want. Then it changes to ' I'm going to gain it all back ' thinking because this has been the norm for most of us on here and thousands of others who have done the traditional diets.

As it has been said it is good to be a little fearful. But if you eat properly and view your sleeve as a tool. Learn to eat healthy 99% of the time your tool will get you there and keep you at your goal weight. Your sleeve will eventually relax and that is when you will have to be more diligent in eating and how much and what. For now you are on the honeymoon stage and even though you will have stalls ( I call it body at rest ) You will lose the weight.

I found that changing to quality food was easier then I thought it would be. I made changes like eating farm fresh foods. More legumes, cheeses and fish. Buying directly from farmers or markets mean a better quality. It is mostly local foods. And since we can't eat much I have found that quality serves me better.

As far as processed diet foods. I stay clear of them.

Your dietitian has been trained to think that sugar free foods are good for you and we really know better. Once you are feeling good and feeling like you have more control you will figure it out. One thing that I have heard that is very good is Pintrest has a section for recipes for Bariatric patients. I have not used it myself but making recipes like that can last you as few meals. I find with just me and my hubby that if I make a few different meals it lasts for days and days. so I try very hard to get the best bang for my buck. And I find that it is fun to search for the best I can afford to eat.

You will come to terms with all of it once you get over the fear of failing. Give yourself some time and breath.

And please stay away from the scale it will only mess with your mind. :)

@@Heather Morales - You should still be able to see or call the doctor for follow up. My f/u appointments were included in my surgical fee. Double check your old policy.

That said. What are you eating and drinking? Are you getting in at least 60 gms of Protein and 64 ounces of fluids a day? Are you exercising? Your thyroid issues may play a part in slowing your weight loss, however not eating enough or not eating the right things can put you into starvation mode and impede your weight loss.