Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Christian ethics teach that in God’s Church mercy goes before right. A Christian is called to have as the ideal to live in reconciliation, forgiveness and love with their fellow men, even their enemies. According to Christian ethics judgement, revenge and retaliation is not allowed between people in everyday life.

But the rules are different for the authority. The heavenly ideal that the Christian Church is to strive for is not decided by God to be placed in earthly nations codes of law in order for violent criminals and murderers to receive mercy and avoid just punishment. If this happened, it would be suicide of the state governed by law.

You actually know that many people who have had abortions?

Carrie, r.equal is actually the first person that I've ever heard of who doesn't regret their abortion. I know many more people than those I mentioned already who have had one. It is a common procedure.

Edited by pattygreen

As I have said many times before PG I don't regret mine and I never will!

Wrong. The 2 month old doesn't need the host! The 2 month old can survive with anyone taking care of it! The fetus/embryo needs the host

The poor fetus/embryo. He actually can only rely on one person (it's own mother) to take care of it. The ONE person in your life that you should be able to rely and depend on. How sad.

My point was that it is a life whether it is 1 day in the womb, one month in the womb, 8 months in the womb, 2 months out of the womb, or 1 year out of the womb: and at every stage is relying on someone else to make it's developing body grow.

How dare that yound girl make such a selfish decision...How could she think of herself and not the life that was forced inside of her! That's what's sad! Maybe instead of thinking of a life just beginning you should think of the life already being lived!

Ok and then your next change in the law, following your logic, would be to cut off the hand of a person who writes a hot check.

How rediculous. There are levels and degrees to all punishments. In this case, pedophiles have been proven to not be able to 'change' their behavior. So, why give them a second chance at hurting a child?

Carrie, r.equal is actually the first person that I've ever heard of who doesn't regret their abortion. I know many more people than those I mentioned already who have had one. It is a common procedure.

I know a few girls who have had abortions and they don't regret it. In fact, most women who have had an abortion say they feel relieved.

I know many horror stories about adoptions. I won't enumerate them or discuss the specifics here. But I know that a lot of people regret having babies and giving them up for adoption.

I haven't spoken with any woman who has admitted that she had an abortion who would like to turn back time and do it differently. They all know that the decision to abort was the best decision they could make.

I will tell you about one good friend of mine who decided that she didn't want to have an abortion and opted to go away (in high school) and have her child, whom she gave up for adoption. She wound up finishing high school, going to college, getting married and getting pregnant. The child she had after she got married was born with Down's Syndrome. You think that she didn't regret giving up that healthy beautiful baby when she was too young to be having children? Of course she did. She loved her little Down's Syndrome boy with all her heart, but she has always wished she didn't know that her other healthy child is out there somewhere... without her. Her Down's Syndrome child died some time ago.

There will always be people who regret decisions. When it is life and death and goodby forever, of course people will look back and wonder if they did the right thing. But I would wager that fewer women regret having an abortion than women who regret giving up a baby for adoption.

But I do not claim to know the answer and until an extremely thorough and well-thought out study is done, no one else knows either.

Exactly! PG is just talking to women who now stand as prolife...what would you expect them to say

I had a friend in 8th grade who got pregnant, she was 15 I think. Her parents made her give up the baby girl for adoption. She regretted that so bad, she said that she would have actually rather have had an abortion than to have had to give her up.

I think women who have abortions are thankful to have that option available to them at the time that they make that difficult decision based on their circumstances.

Those who later regret it often do so because NOW their circumstances are often different. They are older, more economically stable, maybe married and they might look back on the decision with regret.

But they might not have achieved their current and more stable situation if they had not had that abortion. It's easy to look back on a decision with regret when you're doing so in VERY different circumstances, perhaps forgetting the circumstances that drove you to that decison in the first place.

The whole point is that the choice was available and that's what this is all about: CHOICE.

I believe that I am in a position to state what I think and know about women who have had abortions because I have heard testimony after testimony from women who have had them and are regretting it and feeling guilty about it. Some right away and others down the road after the fact. I also have a niece who had an abortion at age 18 and is very remorseful over it. My best friend had on when she was younger and wishes she could go back and change her decision. Also, my sister-in-law, who can never have children now, had 3 of them in the early stages of her relationship with my brother-in-law. Then she found out, when she was ready to have them, that she couldn't now for whatever reason. She regrets aborting the 3 that God gave her, cause now she is childless. My own mother gaot pregnant when my youngest brother was 13, and she had an abortion. She, too, regrets it and feels guilt over it still, and that was 30 years ago. So, I believe that I can speak for the many, many people that I know who have had abortions.

That is sad and tragic. It is most unfortunate that these women didn't have effective contraception available. So much saddness could have been averted. I cannot speak from standpoint of having abortion but I chose not to have an abortion when my physician reccommended it due to my health. I just knew I would be okay and live through the difficult pregnancy(pre-eclampsia, and toxemia). Who knows, was that the adolescent feelings of immortality or was it some actual God given knowledge? At any rate, I did not make a concious choice to become pregnant and was devistated when I did. It is ironic that in that day and age, 1970, that I was offered a theraputic abortion but birth control pills were not available to unmarried females at least in my area. At 18 I felt forced to rely on the next best thing which turned out to be highly ineffective. I know that I made the right choice NOT to abort, however it was my CHOICE and should remain so in early pregnancy.

Corliss

{QUOTE] An appendix is alive as is a tumor, however neither of them are capable of existing independently from the host, neither is the fetus less than 3 months post conception.

Neither is a 2 month old baby that lies on a bed capable of existing independantly without it's mom. (the host) Doesn't mean we have a right to kill him.

That is a different test. It can easily stay alive with the help of any caring person. It is not physically grown to the mothers body after it is born. That is the difference there. It doesn't depend on a direct access to mothers bodily function. It is dependent on someone chosing to care for it.

A tumor or appendix cannot continue to stay alive if it is not getting nutrients directly from a host source. Neither can an early trimester fetus.

Corliss

Patty: "It is mainly through the governing authorities that God imposes the death penalty. And it is not the authorities that Jesus is representing at this time."

You believe this? It is simply mind-blowing. What a fairy tale world you live in for you to say that the governing authorities are being used by God to impose the death penalty. And that Jesus has nothing to say on the subject? I'm never ceased to be amazed.

Surely you're saying these things to get attention and to be able to rant as you love to do. Otherwise I am completely bumfuzzled by your statements above.

One big difference between abortion killing and capital punishment killing is that one is innocent killing and the other is guilty, deserving killing.

Except when we get it totally wrong, which have done far too many times.

The death penalty is absurd and so is trying to legislate a woman’s right to chose on purely religious grounds. Give me a non religious argument against abortion (or gay marriage for that matter) and I’ll debate it, otherwise you have no grounds to discuss the issue in a secular democracy.