Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is with me on the Back on Track train? Let everyone hear your stories - good, bad and ugly.

Let everyone hear your stories! Hearing good reports gives you hope. Saying you are struggling lets others know you need support. Sound off!

I had RNY in 2008. Pre-op weight was around 265 lbs. My all time low was near 115 lbs. I'm only 5'1" tall. Since then I've had 2 full-term pregnancies (2 sons). My youngest son is 17 months old and my size 14 jeans are getting snug. At my lowest weight, I wore size 6.

I've decided that I should get it together so I can keep up with my boys and provide them with a good example of health and nutrition. I haven't taken any actual steps besides online research so far, but I'm pondering going back on Protein Shakes and following the plan on the Bariatric Eating website.

Congratulations on the 2 kiddo's. That is awesome for you!!! You lost quite a bit of weight! You sound like me. I had put on a lot though....about 100 lbs. In January, I drank Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacements 3 times daily the entire month. It worked. My restriction is back and I am full with about 3 oz. Protein. Get back on the train and get a hold of the regain. You need to lose about 40 lbs. it looks like. YOU"VE GOT THIS!!!

Please do it now so your 40 doesn't become 100.

Joy

I had RNY may 1, 2009. The smallest I ever got was 147.5 and that was only for a short time. I'm 5'7". Upon graduating from my masters program j moved back home to Indiana and since jan 2012 I've steadily watched the scale move up and up. Now I weigh 190 plus or minus .5 pounds depending on the time of the month.

I'm ready to take back my life! My family is loving and supports me but my mom who also had RNY and a revision is a good pusher. I'm single and feel like I'll never be loved by anyone until I love myself. And I don't think I will live myself until I get back on track. I just don't know where to start. I need support from a community that understands all that I've been through and I'm hoping to find that here.

Beth, you are a very motivated lady! Working through a masters program requires skill and dedication. Now that all that "stress" is behind you, it is time to make YOU the new masters program!! My son used to think there wasn't anyone out there for him. I am happy to report that within the course of a year, he met a sweet girl and got married. In other words, that can all change in a short time. Just be sure you are out and about so you can meet people. Don't "wait until you lose the weight". Do it "while" you are losing!

Do not allow the weight to demotivate you!!! Hang in there and get back on the horse. You can do this.

Joyful

I had rny in November 2013. My lowest weight has been 181. I'm up to 185 but my goal is 150-155. I need to get back on track to lose this weight. My highest weight was 314. Surgery weight was about 298. I feel great about how far I've come but it bothers me that I haven't reached my goal yet. I haven't felt motivated to do what I should to get there. I wanna be motivated but I'm just not right now. I'm trying to get on this site more often in order to get motivated.

My husband had surgery about 10 years ago. I had it on 3/3/09. I was 294 the day of surgery. I got down to 190, but have been steadily gaining since then. I'm now at 240 and I'm completely disgusted with myself. My husband has also gained quite a bit back. We have vowed to do something about it and the new year is our starting point. I'm happy to have found a "group" to share my journey with. Here we go!!!

Badly need to get back on track

RYN in January 2013. Gained 20 back and with that still have 40 to loose to reach my original goal weight. I never exercised because when I did my herniated discs caused so much pain I was bed ridden. I have lost motivation and will power. Especially, around my time of the month. Forget any will power then. I have no dumping or at least it's rare. I drink with meals and have never followed the program completely. Honestly, my whole life I've never followed anything completely with out bending the rules or making excuses for myself.

I deserve to feel good about myself. I self sabotage everything and then feel sorry for myself. I know my mistakes and need someone to hold me accountable. I don't even remember the rules. Someone please tell me how to start over, is it possible? I know I could of gained more weight than 20 so it could be worse but feel thin feels so much better than the food.< /p>