Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi again everyone,

Thanks for all the responses and advice. I'm trying to process it all. What I do know for sure is that I won't be having surgery in May, I'm going to give myself more time to become more compliant. Sure I want to lose the weight and get off all the meds that I'm on for various issues, I guess the main problem is that I don't feel very healthy to begin with.

I met with the therapist who's part of the team and she was a bit off putting. She basically said due to my life being a ball of stress, that's why I'm obese. Not discussing my entire health history I thought that was a snap judgement. I wasn't obese my entire life, I packed on pounds in my 30's and late 30;s due to hormone hell, poly cystic ovaries disease and I had a complete hysterectomy at 42, so thrust into menopause at a rather young age. These issues may seem like excuses, but it's my reality.

I liked the idea a woman mentioned about stuffing your bra with weights for the first weigh in. I will now look for light weight clothing for weigh ins and it's the dead of winter here. Next time I go in, I'm going in a speedo and walking through the hospital that way. That will fix em....All kidding aside.

I'm on day 2 of the patch again, I hate the fact that I'm struggling with quitting, but I really love the idea of being a non smoker. This I truly want out of my life. I'm also going to set an alarm on my cell phone for every 4 hours so I eat something throughout the day, this way dinner isn't my main meal of the day. Eating right is like a full time job, you have to tote around food.

Can any tell me the first steps they took to begin eating properly 3 months pre surgery? Did you make lists. Did you walk around with apples and boiled eggs and Protein shakes? I work for a living so I need to prep on Sundays for the week.

I guess I need to read more about this process does anyone know of "How to" links? I'm not very familiar with this web site, I have to poke around and see if I can find some educational tools.

Again, thanks for all your input and I appreciate the time you've taken to give advice. I'll know when I'm ready, I'm so not there right now.

Rockin Robin :)

Robin,

I know people including my mom that have never quit smoking. It's very hard to do. So you are doing what you have to do. I have friends that say they can't even be around smokers now. That will be you soon, so hang in there. Sometimes therapists come across that way. Mine was all business too. Not very friendly just focused on why I wanted this surgery. The only way I learned to eat properly was the pre-op diet. All shakes with only small

amounts of Snacks in between. I started making shopping lists after surgery.

Then putting small amounts in baggies. They gave me a plan booklet to follow. So I made these in advance. I really can't remember the different foods. I remember sugar free pudding and Jello. Applesauce. chicken broth.< /p>

It's much easier once you are off all soft foods. Sorry I'm not much help

here. Always carry Water and Protein Shakes with you. There is Protein Powder you can sprinkle on your food. I live in MA. as well. Out in western half, west Springfield. Only you will know when you are ready, so take care

and let us know how you are doing.

Maggie0210

Hi Maggie,

I just read your stats, you're at 117 lbs and your goal is to get to 140, is 117 the lowest you've been or was it lower? How do you look and feel? My cousin Deb lives in Western Mass, Becket I believe and she had the surgery Oct 1st, so far, last I heard she lost 50lbs. That was a lot and so fast. Maybe you know her?

Do you feel that your life orbits around what you can and cannot eat now? Can you drink alcohol at all? What is the feedback from people you know....do they say you lost too much weight? Are you experiencing any problems?

What size did you start with and drop to? That's a lot of weight loss...amazing.

Robin