Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone has already said it, but it bears repeating. You NEED to be getting your Protein. Ideally you should be getting your exercise too, but missing your exercise won't have as serious health repercussions as not getting your protein. Do you like having hair? Do you like having enough energy to get through your daily life? Do you like not being sick all the time? Do you like being able to work for a living? If so, then eat your protein! Not getting enough protein, especially after this surgery, will cause all sorts of very real and very serious health issues. I am sure you knew about that going into your surgery, so why would you commit to the surgery and then be ready to forgo that commitment only 3 months out?

you are doing great

That's a normal loss. I was sleeved 10/23 and I'm down 48 pounds. fruit and veggie diet? That will make it come off slower. We have to eat differently after this surgery to lose. Good luck dear. Do some research and EXERCISE!

Sounds like a good start to me. I was sleeved last July and have lost fifty pounds since then, so you're losing faster than myself and I am exercising and getting enough Protein. Everyone loses at their own pace.

When ever my weight stalls I pick up my 15lb kettle bell and do some exercises. Jillian Michaels has some work outs on you tube. I'll drop at least 2 lbs the next day. If u use it right u get cardio and resistance training at the same time.

@@jessiquoi i can honestly say iam not going what iam supposed to do like working out or doing the protein.... iam about to do this fruit and veg diet

Fruit & veggie diet? Sorry but that's crazy. I'm a vegetarian. I know for a fact you cannot lose that way. I work very hard to eat a balanced, plant based diet. I include Beans, tofu and other non animal Proteins. You need your Protein. You don't need out help, you need to follow your program and that includes getting enough protein, exercising and getting in your fluids.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I like what jamielogical says "with VSG your never done, your sleeve is for life , so what's the hurry" so very true !! :rolleyes:

Really? You're complaining about your weight loss and then say you're not exercising and not getting your Protein in? Get 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 days a week, eat a minimum 70 grams of Protein a day, keep your carbs at 50 grams or lower a day, and drink 64oz of Water a day. Try that and you should see the weight coming off at the pace your body wants it to.

Read this post from @@Babbs every single morning and follow her advice! THAT'S what will get you where you want to go, not some fruit and vegetable diet. In fact, I'd recommend staying away from fruits and non-green veggies altogether for now. It's all about the protein and the fluids – seriously. Good luck! Make good choices and you'll get there!!!

I am mostly vegetarian --trying to be vegan. I feel bad drinking all Tia milk and whey products lately since the surgery.

You can get Protein through vegetarian diets. Just make sure you make your soy Protein shakes and eat veg that contain most amount of Proteins.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/high-protein-vegetables

Good luck!

She's not talking about a vegetarian or vegan diet. OP is talking about some extreme "fruit & veg diet".

Test

It may not necessarily be the exercise part. I lost 80 lbs in five months without exercising. Just make sure you get your Water and Protein. Good luck.