Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey i had my surgery on Oct 13, 2014.... I was 266 starting and i feel my weight isnt coming down fast enough.... iam at like 220.... and been stuck at that.... i need helpppppppppppppppppp.....i really want to lose this weight

Hey! Congrats on your sleeve! You've lost 46 pounds in 3 months!!! Totally awesome!! It will come off!! :)

you are doing great! just keep on doing what you are doing. if you're "stuck", you can try to mix things up a bit... try a different workout, eat a little more one day and a little less the other, drink more Water... but there's nothing wrong with the rate you are losing at.

I feel your frustration! I too have been stuck for weeks and it is mind boggling. I eat on plan, exercise 5-6 days a week , yada yada yada and yet my scale doesn't really move. I have been bouncing between 226 and 229 for over 3 weeks and if am so tired if it. This week I changed my exercise routine and also upped my calories from 900 to 1100 per my nutritionist. I hope that does something before I lose my mind !

Keep working the program and the scale eventually will have to move. Physically there is no way our bodies can keep holding onto this weight and maintain it long term with the low amount of calories we consume daily. Well, at least, that is what I keep telling myself every time the scale still mocks me! Hang in there, you will get through this too. You are not alone and unfortunately this is normal. Keep fallowing the plan and know your bode eventually will have to give up some of the weight. Basic math says it has to start giving up the pounds sometime. Math is always constant so it has to be right! ;)

I was disappointed with my slow loss at first as well. I am almost 5 months out and only down 38 pounds since my surgery on Sept. 1. But, I've come to peace with it now. The weight IS coming off. The scale IS moving down. And why do I need to race? I will eventually get where I need to be.

Pre-op and the first month or two post op, I was thinking about this like I'd thought about diets in the past. I wanted to lose weight and get to goal as fast as possible so I could be "done". But with VSG, you are never "done". Your sleeve is for life. So what's the hurry?

Plus there are some big advantages to losing slowly. I don't constantly get asked about my weight loss and have to come up with lies to tell people I'm not comfortable discussing my surgery with. And, since I'm losing weight more slowly, I'm not having to constantly replace clothing only to have to replace it again almost immediately. Also, I think it's less taxing on my skin than if I dropped weight really quickly.

Edited by JamieLogical

@@reclaimingmyinnerbamf thanks i just want the weight off

@@JamieLogical thanks i appreciate this so much

@@Luvin_Life125 well iam not even working out or even doing my Protein like i should.... iam about to go on this fruit and veg diet

@@jessiquoi i can honestly say iam not going what iam supposed to do like working out or doing the protein.... iam about to do this fruit and veg diet

I am concerned about the fruit and veggie diet you are talking about. Protein is vital for all of us. Our body needs us to maintain an adequate protein intake every day for our health. I highly recommend going back to the basics of your dietary program to see if you can't jump start your body. Being a bariatric patient requires us to follow the bariatric diet. Crash diets and trendy diets have no place in our lives any longer. Our bodies have very specific and unique nutrition needs. Give your body what it needs, not some diet you thought you might try. I am not trying to be harsh, however I am concerned! Please reconsider your choices and give the bariatric diet another chance.

Just remember ANY LOSS is better than a GAIN!!!

I second Luvin_life! I am not only a bariatric surgery patient who is 2 1/2 years out but I am also a nurse of 32 years. Those "diets" are what got us all here in the first place. This is not a bariatric "diet", this is a way of life that you chose when you had the surgery. Hopefully you were well informed on the requirements of maintaining health after having 80+% of your stomach removed. Who's timetable are you on that says you have to lose so much a month, week, year, etc.? Everybody is different and you will lose weight. Do you realize that you said you weren't doing what you are supposed to like exercising and eating Protein and you know it but yet you are going to revert back to doing a "diet" that you have probably tried in the past that will be detrimental to your health, especially now that you have certain health needs that are non-negotiable like Protein and Vitamins and minterals?

I am not trying to preach but be patient and follow the plan you paid a Physician thousands of dollars to give you and risk your life to do. (Just being put to sleep is a serious health risk especially when you are obese). Do the exercise and the protein the correct way and it will come off. You are risking serious health complications and malnutrition if you do not get the required protein. My niece is going through that now and has to have transfusions monthly because she did not follow what the Dr. told her and she is 10 years out. She has ruined her health because she did not want to eat the protein and go by the plan the Dr. gave her. She is only 36 years old and will probably never recover!!! Please take care of your health and I am hoping that is why you decided to do this anyway and not to just lose weight. I hope you hear the compassion and caring in this because believe me it is there!!! I wish you only the best!!

Really? You're complaining about your weight loss and then say you're not exercising and not getting your Protein in? Get 30 minutes of exercise 3-5 days a week, eat a minimum 70 grams of protein a day, keep your carbs at 50 grams or lower a day, and drink 64oz of Water a day. Try that and you should see the weight coming off at the pace your body wants it to.

@@Luvin_Life125 well iam not even working out or even doing my Protein like i should.... iam about to go on this fruit and veg diet

You have answered your initial question. -- You aren't getting your protein or exercising.

not trying to beat a dead horse or harsh. But if your not doing what you should be doing, how can you be upset about not losing weight? Crash diets wont work & not the answer now that you had surgery.

I think 46lbs in 3 months is AWESOME & you should be so proud of yourself. When have you ever lost 46lbs in 3 months? So lets get back to basics - Get your Protein in, drink your Water & if you dont want to work out then walk, take the stairs, park your car as far away as possible.

You have to take care of your body.. your body only has you to take care of it... no one else is going to do it for you.

Hope you get back on track & take everyones advise as a positive - take care & good luck!!!