Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to take to the hospital?

Im going in for surgery in february what should I take with me to the hospital that yall found useful?

I didn't take anybody. I didn't want them sitting there waiting and worrying. I told them what time I would be in my room and had the hospital call when I was out of surgery. They were able to meet me in recovery when I woke up.

Extra long power cord for charging my phone and lip balm. Other than that, there was basically nothing I needed. The hospital supplies pretty much everything you'll need, and you won't be doing much of anything after other than walking, sipping, and (trying to) sleep!

I did make sure I wore clothes that would be comfortable for going home post-surgery. For me that was a flowy, empire-waist dress and a cotton leisure bra that fastened in front -- no underwire! Often, depending on your surgeon's technique, you'll end up with an incision right where your bra/underwire would hit and that would hurt. Also, make sure that whoever is driving you home brings a pillow for you to tuck between your tummy and the seatbelt.

I'm gonna take my Eos lip balm, my husbands sweats since he's really tall and likes them baggy, and my phone to update you guys. I don't have a date yet but those are just a few things I'd take

Good shoes for walking-- I brought in my crocs as they were easy on and off and still give decent support. I highly recommend that you do NOT walk in the slipper socks provided by the hospital. If there are any hazards or spills, those sock will not protect you. A set of comfortable clothes and the pillow previously mentioned for the ride home too. I also had my cell phone and charger. That's about it. Good Luck!

I packed a bunch of stuff that I didn't end up using. What I did use was:

My laptop (but not nearly as much as I expected to)

Pajamas (way more comfortable than walking around the hospital essentially naked)

Eye mask to block out light

Chapstick

Clean change of clothes for going home

Really, that's about it. Mostly I just laid in the bed and moaned in pain, walked in circles around the hospital floor, and napped. For me, the first 36 hours were very painful. It's different for everyone and some people feel great after, but I didn't need most of what I brought.

lip balm

baby wipes

My own pillow - I really liked having my own pillow.

Moisturizing cream

VERY loose pants and undies

warm socks and a pair of slippers

iphone/ipad and chargers and EXTENSION CORD

These are the things I was really happy I had.

I went out and spent so much money on Pajama's , a robe , gas x strips , Biotine mouth spray , etc . And you know what? I didn't use anything I was so doped up on morphine and I was so sore I stayed in my hospital gown for 48 hours . The hospital gave me those little sponges with Water to keep my mouth moist .All I used was the lip balm and my toothbrush and my change of clothes to go home .

Thank you for the information everyone it has helped a lot! ;)