Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so I really want something sweet. Usually what i do is eat a tbs of peanut butter...but today it's not working. What do you all do when you have a sweet tooth. I 'm rationalizing eating a cookie right now. lol it has 11 carbs and the last meal i have to eat today is dinner and I haven't had any carbs today...i hate when i do that...i get in trouble and plus who just eats on cookie

Well think of it this way... if you have been a good girl and you've stuck to the plan, you can reward yourself. If not, you can also say screw it and still eat that cookie, or you could have extreme will power and reject it altogether.

Personally I usually try to eat some greek yogurt or drink a Protein shake. I still sneak in some chocolate everyday.

One week I ate frozen custard every night and lost 9 lbs. I don't encourage anyone to try this, it is so tempting to forget the new healthy eating habits.

If you can stop at one, eat the cookie. If you can't then go drink some Water or well, really anything else. Something tells me you can't eat one cookie. If that's the case you need to get them out of your house. It's sabotage in the making. Sometimes a cup of hot chocolate is enough to soothe the sugar cravings. Other times I have to get up and go clean the bathroom or worse yet, clean the litterbox. It sort of grosses me out enough that I don't want to even think about food.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I'm throwing this in there for comical purposes... we didn't say anything about the size of the 1 cookie did we? I mean, what if it was a gigantic large cookie and it did fill her up? :)

Water with mio or crystal light!

I can eat the one cookie..i just feel like i messed up really bad if i ate it. I ate some cheese and i'm drinking crystal light. I feed my 2 yr old the cookie. thanks all for the advise. I'm like do they really expect us to not ever eat something sweet? I guess all in moderation :)

I buy the "Pure Protein" bars from costco. One package has 3 boxes, each with a different flavor. There is a very fudgy chocolate, a chocolate Peanut Butter and chewy chocolate chip. Fills my sweet tooth, especially with the intense chocolate taste.

If you want chocolate have chocolate! For me I do so many positive things to stay healthy (eating right and exercise everyday). My one snack size piece of chocolate is not going to push me off track. I don't eat it every day. I make sure I work for it. I just make my treat something to reward myself. I've given up rice, Pasta and breads. I'm not going to go through life without ANY chocolate ever :) .

me personally don't think i could do eat the cookie...it would start me down a slippery slope of rationalizing. Atkins has packages of chocolate covered almonds which are low net carbs. I think (once i can eat again...i am only a week post op) I would go for something like that or a sweet fruit smoothy instead of the cookie.