Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months out from IBand surgery how much weight should I loose?

Hello,

I am 3 months out of my IBand surgery my start weight was 195lb and now 160lb is this a good weight lose or should I be loosing more? Thanks

I had my surgery on July 16th and I am only down 31 pounds. I was also coming on here today to ask the same question. lol

i would say if you are losing, its a great thing

regardless of how much.....(also inches lost also mean losing real/actual weight)

great job

Hi. it is said .5 - 2lb per week. Is a healthy loss. So both of ladies are doing great!! congrats ;)

Edited by lulalove

We have the same stats and you lost more than me so I think you are on the right track..

I am tickled for you to have lost that much and it looks like something positive is happening for YOU! Keep up the good work. I lost at that rate at first then slowed down. I go to a support group monthly and some people really vary in this. It seems the bypass type surgery might be a bit faster for some. YOU can do it! Happy you are in the club!

I am astounded at your weight loss! I had surgery in September and I have not lost one pound. My doctor is sooooo conservative with the fills, I feel no different. Same old struggle. Is it the restriction that you feel is resulting in your successes? Is it lack of hunger? Were you all big eaters before? So discouraged.

EMMS, Don't give up. The struggle you are having may resolve if you get more fill. I did not take but 2 but a friend of mine had the 6th one before she felt a thing and now a year later... she is down 100 lb. Individuals are so different. I feel restriction. Not sure if that is what everyone feels. I had never known full until my second fill. I call my lapband my full button. Keep tabs with your DR. and follow your meal plan. Hope you get some results!

I think your weight loss is right on track. We will all loose at different rates due to a lot of different reasons. Remember healthy weight loss is not a race and don't judge yourself by anybody else's numbers. Instead focus on how you are feeling physically and enjoy the changes your body is going through. Congrats on this big step to take back your life

I think really and my Doctor said the same thing once I got down to my goal weight he set me at which was 190 and I actually got down to 185 "awesome" right ? Sadly no, for me I was a large man all my life and when i reached the 185 mark, really looked like I was using drugs. I even was drug tested a few times from my employer > guess they had thoughts of me on something ? Anyways, I actually work towards gaining a little weight just to look and feel healthy. That is what the weight loss surgery's are for to get your body to a healthy way of living. So with that I gained 30 pounds just to look normal and not all bones at the beach. funny how I use to be bullied all my life for being Fat and when I got so skinny, I was being picked on like I was skin and bones. Ah the way life sends you humor.

I had my surgery September 29th my start weight 185 and now am 175. I lost that before having surgery. But at least am not gaining but it's very frustrating that am eating snd exercising like am suppose. Not going to give up.

i would say that is great you dont want to lose too much too fast and for me i didint loose anything the first 3 months until the dr found the sweet spot with the fills

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches