Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

I am back after a year of not so good eating. I have gained about 10 lbs and now it is time for some accountability!

I dont want to gain back the many pounds it took me so long to lose. I crave sugar (mostly chocolate) and ice cream to the point that I cant think straight if I dont have it :(

Someone please give me some tips on how to get over this addiction. It is so very depressing.

Lynn

Lynn you are a place I too have been on occasion. My choices to go back to old carb load eating are not healthy. They are addictive. They do not fuel my good cells but make me want to slow down! That being said... Change it up. Clear out the chocolate that is bugging you. I have the great skim milk hot chocolate that gives me a good healthy kind of chocolate. Great swap for me. I have to remind myself to eat the Protein first! When I do this other things are not tempting. Hope this helps you a little. Takes on to know one! Drink tons of Water in my Child of God thermal bottle. It reminds me each sip who is important and who loves me!

Made chili today and that is always a good food and fast!

Dinner with the kids tonight... chicken wings for me . pizza for them.

Off to vacuum , vacuum, vacuum.............. It is low class zumba but I will make it count!

Thank you for the encouragement! I went grocery shopping and I have all the right foods in the house now. I am trying very hard to stay on track. I will be back at the gym on Monday so that should help.

It has been a long journey to get where I am and I decided I am not going back. Forward from here on in!

Lynn

@@lynn sounds like you are ready to make this happen! Great job acknowledging your weakness and making a plan! Welcome!

@@punkinvine I love to make a pot of chili and make ahead my bowls for lunches.

I guess everyone else is busy! Missing you all!

I've been battling terrible head hunger today!! I know it's just boredom...so I sliced up an apple and have been eating on it all afternoon...it takes me a long time to eat one. So far I have won! Back off head hunger!

Today's plan

B-- 2 sausage patties & lite babybel cheese

L-- turkey/pepper jack cheese sandwich on orrowthin bum

S--Apple

D-- steak/ cauliflower

Hope you're having a great weekend!

HEY THERE!!!

What a roller coaster. My grandmother's biopsy on Friday brought devastating news. We then rebounded to Celebrate my sweet husband's birthday on Saturday and had some great family fun in Gatlinburg, trying to forget Friday's news. After three days of a high & low ride, I'm back. I'm emotional & overwhelmed, but trying to use it as motivation.

Today's plan:

B & L-Protein shakes w/fiber

D-chili

819c, 109p, 33nc

72 oz Water

75 min of exercise

So, there it is. I'm doing shakes for the added liquid, Protein, & Fiber today. I may do this for a few days per my NP.

How are all of you????

Good Morning friends... whew. I read your news Shannon and so sorry. We do have the roller coaster of life and promise of better things in Heaven! Love the menu shares. It is helping me get mine stirred up and the ideas of healthy foods tweaked again. Have been in a rut. Large pot of vegi Soup on the stove this am. I did a side pan with cabbage and lentils to add to only half so there is variety with only one cooking time.

I had a wonderful evening with some girlfriends from HS last evening as we went to a dinner theater performance of "The Buddy Holly Story." Exercise with dance is so fast and awesome! Some old time rock and roll! This does give the roller coaster a sweet turn! Today working on medical issues for my Mom... prescriptions, appointments scheduled, and researching what could be possibilities of help at home or assisted living possibilities. God has a plan!

B- lettuce cheese wrap

L- vegi soup

D-chicken/broccoli

S- cheese

Happy Monday!!

@@s_suther I'm so sorry about your roller coaster! Glad to see you're back with a plan.

@@punkinvine sounds like you had a fun girl night!!

I am going to work extra hard this week. I'm at 203 and I've been yoyoing the same 2-3 pounds for weeks now I want to get below 200 this week. I just don't feel like I'm eating that much. I just wonder if my years with the band could have affected my metabolism. Has anyone ever heard of this??

My plan today

B- eas Protein Shake

L- turkey pepper jack cheese avocado wrapped in lettuce

S-Greek yogurt

D-chicken thigh & roasted cabbage

Have a great one!

Hello my peeps. I was visiting my daughter at college with a girlfriend this weekend. Walked my butt off. Ate all the wrong foods and had plenty of wine. Put back the three pounds I lost last week. Tomorrow I have a fill appointment but I won't be getting a fill. I'm tight enough. I just need to eat the right foods.

I've gotten into the bad habit of drinking with my meal in restaurants when I'm having cocktails. That has to stop.

I was off work today but will be back tomorrow and plan to resume my hour of walking at lunch and my 24 flights of stairs.

Back to solid Protein and salad. Boring but reliable.

Our fun day today involved visiting an assisted living facility. It was very nice and clean. I feel like Dorothy of Oz... There's no place like home.. no place like home. So off to acquire a little more help for her. My 24/7 for 3 months needs to be cut back. Tomorrow I will interview a few people.

About the metabolism slowing down. I did have to change my exercise routine and add extra Water a few times to jump start my body. The summer time adds lots of physical labor and fresh air so my issue has been a couple of winters not keeping my goal on the mark. I also have thyroid meds and when my level is too low I have issues. Hope that helps tobeabutterfly.

Hello!! Just got home from doc. The roller coaster continues! Four stitches in my shoulder to remove a lesion, my grandmother is having a PET scan now, results & prognosis tomorrow.

I, however, am armed with an action plan:

B-8 oz shake

L-budding ham, boiled egg, & multigrain crackers

S-8 oz shake

D-leftover chili

754c, 80p, 39nc

I've already done a 35 minute cardio video & will take a 3 mile walk this evening with the family. Gotta tone it down some, but NOT stop, til the stitches come out.

Hope you guys are rocking it!!!

Edited by s_suther

s_suther, your list inspires me.

I'm having a hard day today. I'm depressed and feeling like a failure. I know I'm not a failure but the feelings are so strong today. I'm sure it has something to do with the flash drive from my lawyer that contains the NSETBEx's discovery on it. I went away for the weekend and postponed looking at it and can't postpone anymore. The divorce is just depressing the crap out of me.

I have a fill appointment this afternoon. I don't need or want a fill. When I eat correctly I'm plenty tight. I even got stuck a little this last weekend on chicken and steak. But I've been eating foods that don't lead to weight loss and drinking wine. And my weight keeps bouncing just under 200 pounds. My NP is marvelous and I know after I see her today I will feel better. But I'm mad that I weigh the same or a pound or two more than my last visit with her a month ago.

Unfortunately the NUT is at a different location. I feel like I need a kick in the ass and I so wanted to be at goal weight by summer. I suppose I could phone the NUT. I never have before but she always said we could call.

I'm overwhelmed with the thought of finding a house. I started going to open houses but right now I think I'd better shelve that because it's stressing me out. It's not like the divorce is even close to being settled.

I know this post is a downer but it's where I am today. My walk at lunch can't happen because I'm leaving early for the doctor appointment. I ate my cheese and beef and nuts at my desk and I'm walking my stairs. I barely got half a hard boiled egg down this morning.

This is just one of those days that SUCKS.

My NP is a doll. She always makes me feel better.

I gained four pounds since I saw her last. We evaluated my eating, and the big kale salads every night are now a thing of the past. The croutons soaked in oil and balsamic vinegar by the giant bowlful are doing me in.

I'm tossing out the remaining salad fixins tonight.

I had another tiny fill. 0.10 bringing me to 7.80 in my 14cc band. Seven fills so far. I was able to swallow my Tylenol caplets and the barium went through slower but smoothly.

We set a mini goal for me of 180 pounds by June 30. That's twenty. I can do it.

My flights of stairs and lunchtime walks are excellent and will continue.

Meals will go back to solid Protein first, chewed well, and then solid vegetables if the Protein is finished and I still want them. No salads since I was using them as sliders and volume meals.

The nuts and seeds I was snacking on at work have to go as well (my idea) because I did much better without snacking between meals.

I asked why my hunger returned at three hours after months of being satisfied for four or more hours. She said we underestimate the effect stress has on organ swelling and making the band feel tighter. My stress was acute and new before, and now I'm getting used to this level of stress in my life. In a weird way my body is relaxing and the level of tightness isn't there as much for my band. It sounds weird and I still feel stressed, but my blood pressure was the lowest it's been in months. So who knows.

Anyway, I'll be saving the wine for special occasions too.

I have a plan. I can do this.

And now I'm going to plug in that flash drive and deal with the divorce crapola I've been putting off for days.

I am woman. Hear me roar!!

@@JustWatchMe - you are not alone! How did yesterday go? Can you give me a plan for today? Just today. What will you eat and how/when will you move? I'm so sorry about the divorce mess. I know how that goes, I watched my mother go through it with my father (with whom I'm estranged). I am glad to hear the NP was positive, that your BP is down, and that you are armed with a plan.

@@2babutterfly - missing you and your enthusiasm!

@@punkinvine - hope all is well and you've found some help with your mom.

@@enjoythetime - really missing your posts. When are you coming back to join us?

@@bacon - thinking of you and whatever is going on with the family. Praying for peace.

Today isn't going to be easy for me. We find out at 3pm the prognosis for my grandmother. I'm nervous. I'm also struggling with my stitches. It's ridiculous, but the four little things kept we awake a lot last night and are very sore today. I'm going to walk, but probably not as vigorous as I'm used to going.

My plan:

b-8 oz shake w/fiber

l-yogurt w/fiber & granola

d-shrimp scampi (trying a new recipe)

s-8 oz shake w/fiber

778c, 80p, 30nc

We are not alone in our struggles or in our journey. We have each other in this supportive capacity and should take every advantage of this tool. I'm here for you guys!!

Shout out to @@ParaGirl, @@lisacaron, @kyrasgrandma...missing you all!

@@s_suther, thanks for your post. Praying for your grandmother. And your stitches too.

I'm in great head space today. I threw away three bottles of balsamic vinegar and a bag of croutons last night. If it's not in the cupboard I won't eat it.

Since I had a fill, I'm on liquids for 48 hours. So today I started with a Protein shake.

For lunch I will walk to Subway and have Soup and walk back. That's my 2.25 miles.

Thanks for reminding me to start my stairs. Plan on 24 flights today.

dinner will be soup again.

My daughter comes home for Easter break tonight.

Last night I tackled reading the flash drive. I was aggravated at his lies and refusal to provide information. But one step at a time. I have busy work to do to update my own financial figures for the previous 7 months so that's next.

I refuse to let my circumstances derail my goals and dreams. I'm gonna get to goal weight.

Update: NSETBEx just texted both daughters telling them he and I are getting back together. His idea of a funny April Fool joke. Un. Frickin. Believable.

Don't ever marry a narcissist.

Yeah for your healthy choices today!!! I'm SO glad to hear from you.

Your prayers are very much appreciated. Please ask God to give peace & comfort to my Granny and family.

As for the narcissist, I watched what one can do in a marriage...my father. While getting through the divorce was a nightmare due to his inflated and irrational ego, my mother would tell you she's much better off today. It's been nearly 20 years, so she's had time to heal and then spread her wings. You'll do the same!

Rock that plan today, friend, and I'll do the same. I'll check back this evening for accountability.

Edited by s_suther