Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second Fill-wonderful!

Well, I had my second fill yesterday. I wish I had done this sooner!!!

I spent the last three months wondering why I couldn't get it together, why I was still eating so much, wondering if I was going to be fat all my life. See, my first fill I supposedly got 2.5 ccs under fluoro. Well, yesterday I had my fill under fluoro the right way. The first fill Dr. didn't use barium or anything!!! Ugh. Then, to top it all off, this doctor pulled out my first fill and said I only had 1.2 cc in there. No freakin' wonder I could eat like a cow again! I've spent months down on myself, thinking I failed when I had half the restriction I was told I had.

I didn't want to get a 2nd fill because I couldn't believe I wasn't restricted at 2.5. Then I started freaking out, worried I had stretched my pouch!

Thank god I listened to everyone and made an appointment for a second fill. I went to a different doctor and she was wonderful (Fillcentersusa.com St. Petersburg location). She did the fluoro with barium, watched as I drank it to see how much restriction I had, and helped me find the right restriction. She said my pouch looked perfect. What a sigh of relief.

I now have total of 1.8 cc and she said if I feel like I'm losing restriction to come back in 4 weeks. You better believe I will! I'm not suffering again.

:D

So, I'm was on Clear liquids for 24 hours, now full liquids for 24 hours, then mushies for 24 hours, then regular foods.

I feel like there's hope again. I was getting so frustrated and had even started gaining again!!!

It took me 5 fills before I got really good restriction. If you feel like you are eating too much and you aren't losing weight, it's usually time for a fill! I hope you start see the scale go down now!

i just got my second fill on tuesday...everthying seems to get stuck and make me throw it up and it hurts...does this ease up? should i just do liquids for a bit? this really hurts and next week i have my daughtert's graduation. help

I had to do liquids for 48 hours then soft foods for 24 hours. If you are taking small bites and chewing well and still have these problems, you may be too tight.

I think that is what is wrong with me. I had my first fill and I am still eating alot I think. No wt. lost and I gained wt. I will call my Dr. and see what is wrong I am so discouraged. I just want this to work and loss wt. I need to increase my excericse also, just 1x aday now.

Although I hate to hear that people aren't having success, I have to admit, I am a little relieved. I thought it was just me. Like others, I had my first fill and although I am dieting and trying not to eat anything bad, I can still eat just about anything. A few things I have tried go down a little rough, but once it is down and I stop eating it, I'm fine. I am not feeling full at all. It is a mental game of looking at my plate and saying "I shouldn't be able to eat more than this," but my body isn't telling me to stop. I feel like I could keep eating. It is really frustrating, I keep bouncing b/t 12-15 lbs lost. I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks since my first fill. My dr. schedules the fills 7-8 weeks apart! I still have another month before I can have my next fill. I'm already at 2.5cc in a 4cc band. Like others, I've been afraid there is something wrong with my band or that I stretched out the pouch. I am trying really hard not to get discouraged. Next week will be 2 mos. since my surgery and I lost all my weight so far before the fill!!! Anyone else out there that has experienced the same frustration and moved on to success after their second fill?

I too was banded almost 2 months ago, have had one fill and have actually gained wieght since the surgery! I'm not having restriction, although I do get stuck if I don't chew foods thoroughly. I am hoping that with my next fill things will change. Right now, I feel like I spent money and put myself through surgery and it's all a waste! I'm feeling like a failure and like I'm hopeless.:scalesno:

Boy am I glad I'm not alone in this. I too have had little to no wt loss since my first fill, and I feel no restriction. I go back to the Dr's this Tues hopfully I will get another fill and get some results. Good luck to all.

i am so happy to have found this page.. i feel so alone , 6 week post surgery, just had my first fill and i dont feel a thing. infact i feel let down by the whole process, and a lot poorer in my wallet.

i think i need to be more assertive with my doctor, but feel like such a failure.

i too have gained weight ....and i think my surgeon thinks i am rubbish patient and just have no control... i feel defensive and state that 'if i didnt have a problem controlling what i eat i wouldnt have wanted the surgery in the first place'.

apart from bread being a bit hard to go down - only sometimes, i have no pain, no discomfort and can eat what i like when i like with no restriction what so ever. i too worry i have stretched my pouch but as i havent had any pain i hope i have not, i also hope that if i had stretched it the radiographer would have noticed at my band fill 2 days ago.

any support would be most welcome

thank you

cannot give you words of wisdom, only company in your feelings. i posted before on this but continue to feel frustration that i have absolutely no restriction and am gaining weight. i know the band is only a tool but as you have stated, if i could limit my intake without the band doing it for me, i wouldn't have gotten the band in the first place. my confusion is that i do get stuck sometimes if i don't chew meat long enough or take a big gulp of something starchy but that doesn't translate into getting a full feeling. once i'm unstuck i can continue eating without feeling full.

the only real change i've noticed is that i'm so thirsty all the time, which i'm assuming is because i'm not drinking with meals so i'm probably getting less Fluid than i usually do. i drink glasses and glasses of Water between meals but it never seems to quench the thirst.

mostly, i feel sad that it's almost july and my surgery was in april, i thought by this time i'd be down 20 or 30 lbs. not up 6!

I too am glad there are others feeling the same frustrations and concerns related to fills, restriction and no wt loss. My surgery was in March, I'm on my 2nd and going for 3rd fill next week and still don't have the restricition I should. I can confidently say I have more after the 2nd fill but am sure there's a ways to go. I'm now at 3.2 cc's in a 4cc band. I'm not losing and certainly no where near where I mentally had planned by now. I'm at point of complete frustration right now but keep reminding myself I have another fill scheduled for 7/8. I'm hoping and praying this one will be IT!! and I begin to see some changes. :eek:

I am so glad that you got a good fill....I know you must be so relieved to know that it is not you ,that was causing you not to have restriction....now you can start to enjoy the band ....

I had my second fill today, and so far I am feeling fine...I am also on the liquids for 24 hrs, then mushies, then solid....