Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well got a call today surgery date has change again now im February 19 I'm pissed : (

Hi Lucky, sorry to hear that, it must be frustrating! I'm on the 17th so feel free to keep in touch as we'll probably be going through all the same things! :)

Oh my gosh this pre-op diet STINKS LOL

I do not know if its head hunger or what but my stomach growls I go down some Water or unsweet tea 5 mins later its growling again.......... last night I want to eat an entire bag of Doritos but I ate some ham slices instead!

ANY ADVICE?!?! I only have today and tomorrow then wed is liquids (feel like that may be worse) then Thursday is the BIG DAY!!!!!

My dietician recommended making a list of distractions. She said ideally, they should be things that make you feel good. I received some posh bath stuff for Xmas and even though I don't comfortably fit in my bath, I have a long hot shower, light candles, music and treat myself top to toe. Everything I can start doing now to moisturise and massage will hopefully help the health of my skin and therefore give it a better chance to bounce back. If I keep doing this, I'll look tonnes better before I know it, I'm all done and feeling so fresh and good that I'm motivated to ignore the fridge. Other things could be so your nails, buy some magazines and have them around the house- ones with clothes you would love to be wearing etc etc! Hope that helps :)

Well got a call today surgery date has change again now im February 19 I'm pissed : (

hi lucky in sorry your date got changed!! Mine is the 19th too!

Newmary83 have you been to pre opt group yet ? If anyone has information on this I would love to read about it thanks

I actually do t k is what this pre opt group is... The only thing pre opt I have is today I had an endoscopy and next Tuesday they are placing an IVC filter for blood clot prevention!

Ok thanks I'm thinking it's going over everything and signing my paperwork don't really know if he's going to make me do any diet I was 196 and im down to 185 as of now thanks again

GAWildkat? Any updates? How are you?

Anyone else done? How was it!

Today is my last day on the pre-open Protein diet. Tomorrow I drink the bottle of mag citrate and can have only Clear Liquids and Friday is my surgery. I won't know what time it will be until late tomorrow afternoon.

Feeling nervous and excited.

GAWildkat? Any updates? How are you?

Anyone else done? How was it!

I was wondering the same thing... Anyone heard from the couple of people having the surgery Monday?!?

Had my pre opt appointment today went over labs everything looks great signed off paperwork went and bought this magnesium citrate says 12oz but only found it in a 10oz it looks like it's gonna be nasty to drink : (

I'm doing ok other than dizzy, had lotsa nausea yesterday .As much as I dislike the idea, I'm going home this afternoon, but then I may do better at home too. Grape frost Isopure is the nastiest thing I think I have tasted in a while.

Glad to hear your going home GAWildKat. Hope everyone else who is postop is healing well.

I had my EGD today. If all comes back OK with that, surgery is a go for the 10th!!

Lucky, you are lucky to only have a one day liquid diet! I'm on day 8 and it's been a $&@&@! It does get easier, but it's no fun. It has taught me that my body can survive on Protein Shakes, sf Jello, and water! I also now know that my willpower is alive and well. I've lost approx. 10+ lbs.