Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to everyone who's surgeries are next week!! Keep us posted! Sending tons of positive thoughts an well wishes your way!! :)

My surgery time for Monday is 6am????????????

Neat to see some having surgery Monday. Best of luck for a complication free/low pain surgery! You can do it!

Anyone starting liquid diet this week? I'm on day 6, and man-- it's easy peasy after day 3. :-) I haven't cheated and I'm not tempted to at all!

The liquid diet has been easy, in fact I wasn't hungry often this week. What wasn't fun was the bathroom trips.

Good luck everyone! Just had mine on the 28th of January. Advice for all of you.... drink lots of fluids! They really aren't kidding. And drink something else IN ADDITION TO Water. Give your body some variety. I didn't know that I was voiding out more than I was really suppose to. Diluted juice would have been a good choice.

I ended up being dehydrated prior to going into surgery and they couldn't find a vein to start my IV in. That NEVER happens to me. I have great veins. It was so painful. They had to put in a small one (child) just to give me my knock out meds. Told me they would do a better one once I was out cause it was gonna hurt like heck. The recovery pain was a little worse than most because of the dehydration. I was in pain immediately. Controlled by meds but still not what I was expecting.

More advice: walk, walk, walk. It will hurt. It will be uncomfortable. But do it. I walked the hospital halls 3x every hour. It helped so much. More than you can imagine. It moves the gas. It honestly does.

Heating pad at home on your back for 3-5 minutes then walk around your house. Fast tracks that gas out, but only if you move. Don't leave it on longer because you don't want to risk internal bleeding to the surgery site. (Heat promotes blood flow).

Your taste buds will change. Maybe immediately maybe over time. But they will change. Normal.

Take your pain meds. Don't be a hero. You get no extra points for "toughing it out". Your body can not heal if you're in pain. Period. Take a half dose if you insist, but keep yourself comfortable.

Take your own pillow to the hospital. Gives you an extra one there. And it gives you something to hold against your belly on the ride home.

Wear super loose waist banded pants home. I had worn home what I wore to the hospital (yoga pants). Elastic waist was snug and not comfortable as it was before surgery. Changed into pants I had previously outgrew when I got home. Much better.

Good luck everyone. It's totally worth it!!

Good luck everyone! Just had mine on the 28th of January. Advice for all of you.... drink lots of fluids! They really aren't kidding. And drink something else IN ADDITION TO Water. Give your body some variety. I didn't know that I was voiding out more than I was really suppose to. Diluted juice would have been a good choice.

I ended up being dehydrated prior to going into surgery and they couldn't find a vein to start my IV in. That NEVER happens to me. I have great veins. It was so painful. They had to put in a small one (child) just to give me my knock out meds. Told me they would do a better one once I was out cause it was gonna hurt like heck. The recovery pain was a little worse than most because of the dehydration. I was in pain immediately. Controlled by meds but still not what I was expecting.

Good luck everyone. It's totally worth it!!

Great advice!!!! I was remarking to my family how dehydrated I feel despite being on an all liquid diet. It's very odd! I appreciate the warning, and I'm ramping up my water intake!

PS--- holy smokes, it's February!!!!! It's our month! Next month we will all be on the losers bench!!!!

Yes!!! It's our month 11 more days for me =) so excited i have covered everything only need my Vitamins will go to vitamins shoppe to buy them today with all my Protein samples I will start out with about 16 different flavors and buy 1jug of unflavored I Will use with mixing in my meals congratulations to all who has already crossed over continue to press forward and good luck to those who will be added to the loser bench in the weeks to come ! GOOD LUCK GUYS

I can say now im complete and ready to move forward on my new journey no turning back for me that's for sure now just need to relax and keep my eye on the prize im not going to put my mind in a negative place before my surgery im thinking more on the positive putting my faith first and believing for a great outcome : )

I have my suitcase packed, laundry done, clean bedding on the bed, going to take the 1st of my 2 showers in a couple of hrs. Trying to spend plenty of snuggle time with the hubby, he needs it. I'm the calm one lol

Experiencing crazy bad head hunger.... Pushing through but the Super Bowl definitely is a trigger for me. I didn't think it'd be this intense. Drank some warm broth, but it's bad watching the family eat pizza. Definitely the food addiction trying to sway me!