Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soreness at incision site

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago and have been doing great. Only the one incision ever really hurt much, but for the last week, I have hardly noticed it. Now all of a sudden it really hurts. It isn't a topical pain, it feels more muscular. But it almost feels like it's burning anytime I sit , stand, twist even slightly, get out of bed. It feel good when I apply pressure to it..but ouch otherwise. There is no heat, oozing or swelling. Anyone else have this? ?? It hurts! How long till it goes away?

@@Chubbyklink - I was sleeved in Dec 22nd. I have the same burning on the one large incision site. When i went for my post op appt, they said the main incision site will have stitches on the inner muscles as well and anytime we use those muscle we will experience that burning. By 4 weeks they said those stitches will dissolve and things should get better. Heat pads will temporarily relieve that. Hope u feel better.....

I haven't had that experience, but if you're concerned, please call your surgical team. Don't risk an abcess or infection. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon!

@slimgal2015... thank you for you input! I was sleeved on the 17th, so hopefully just one more week. It definitely is anytime I engage my abs. Who knew, I thought I didn't have any ;) glad to know they are still there.

I was sleeved 12/18 and I have the same thing! I had my apt today and the surgeon said it's normal. My one incision hurts worse than the others because that's where they pull

The stomach out.

29 days out - I've been having that same pain for the last 3 days. I use a corset (which finally fits!) to help put a little pressure, because I too notice that it felt better with some pressure.

@@Chubbyklink you are welcome......i am hoping too that this will end in another 2 weeks for me!

I struggled with this pain the whole time until about 6 weeks....the only thing that helped was lying completely flat or as flat as possible to take the pressure off the stitches and let them heal. I would lay flat as much as I could and I also wore a stomach band for the full 6 weeks....tight to secure my muscles from moving....it helped so much! But it took me the full 6 weeks to finally heal....I was so sure I had ripped something or my surgeon messed up somewhere.....good luck

I'm 3 weeks out and mine feel a lot better. Still sore but no longer terrible.The only thing I can't figure out is why my stomach feels sunburned now. I have to wear huge shirts so it doesn't rub against my skin.

Today it was so bad I called the dr. And was almost in tears. If I removed my hand from applying pressure, the pain was so bad I could barely take it. The dr. Said, it sounded like I strained it. not sure how, as I woke up with this intense pain. I am back on the Oxy, wearing my Spanx, and he advised to alternate ice and hot pack. Grrr. I thought I was healing so nicely. What a painful setback.

I had my surgery on the 17th of December, I was feeling great last week, yesterday, I felt like pinching in my core, today, a little more pain there, like something is pulling from the inside. It hurts so much. I know it's normal, but wow it hurts.

I'm having same problem. I got an abdominal binder which has been amazing! I also have been using heating pads. :)

I've been having this same problem. I was also in tears last night. I thought it was Constipation lol

I was sleeved 11/7 and finally after 2 months I am pain free.. sometimes you feel like oh the pain is gone and then you sneeze and surprise is worse lol but it will get better with time.

I have had the most terrible burning pain about the size of a fist around my belly button. It is mostly when I stand or walk for more than a few minutes. I just did dishes and it hurt so bad to stand there. Not sure if I should call doc or if this is just normal nerve pain and aggravated muscles?? Sleeved on 12/29.