Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carbs carbs carbs

Hi all! I was sleeves Oct 1st and I'm down 53lbs. Now that I'm 3 months out my Weightloss has slowed and I'm concerned I'm eating too many carbs. What's everyone doing for carbs?

I'm vegetarian. I do low carb, I do not do no carb. Instead I look for complex carbs and avoid processed, "white carbs" that you get from breads, pastas and rice. I try to eat whole foods as much as possible.

@@xraymomma - Congrats on losing 53 pounds! That is a wonderful start! Pretty much everyone experiences slow downs at various points in the process. As long as you are doing what you should be doing, it is not anything to be overly concerned about. Having said that, I second what @@BLERDgirl said. Avoid sugar, bread, Pasta and rice. Get your carbs from veggies, fruits, nuts and dairy. Don't be discouraged with the stalls. Put good things in and good results will follow.

You have got this!

:)

Hi all! I was sleeves Oct 1st and I'm down 53lbs. Now that I'm 3 months out my Weightloss has slowed and I'm concerned I'm eating too many carbs. What's everyone doing for carbs?

I keep mine below 40 a day! the only carbs I get is thru the Protein bar I eat if I eat it instead of real meal. I do all sf! I just discovered the Quest brand chips...there only 5 carbs a bag an 20-25 grms Protein depending on which flavor you eat. its my new snack grab! its also normal for the loss to slow down . do you do the MFP on your phone an log everything? I didnt read anyones response so Im not sure of others. it could be other things besides carbs that slow down. how ya doing on Water? it could also nust be a stall...I have been thru several myself. but when I up my protein it starts working again..:)

@@queensleever05 - No I didn't. I used CVS whey Protein, Prosource no carb liquid Protein and Orgain organics RTD & powder form. I'm vegetarian so I still do some dairy like yogurt and cheeses, but I don't eat any animal flesh.

Ok.. Today I just purchased a vegan Protein .. I'm wondering how it's going to taste.. I'm not vegan but I was looking for something within a taste to it that I could mix with Water and the gentleman at GNC suggested this one ..

Which one did he recommend?

I eat way more carbs than most people on here. I stay away from anything refined and rice, bread, Pasta, etc., but I eat quite a bit of milk, yogurt, fruits, and veggies. I eat flavored yogurt that has some sugar in it, but stick with brands that have as little as possible. I track everything I eat so that I keep my Protein levels and calories roughly where they should be, but I largely ignore carbs. It hasn't slowed me down as far as I can tell and I'm 73 pounds down in 4.5 ish months.

My general rule is to avoid anything white. White sugar, white rice, white flour . . . you get the idea. However, not going to lie--I had a few holiday Cookies these past two weeks. But the way I look at it: it was only a few and not a few dozen (and I'm down 71 lbs. since my pre-op diet).

Edited by geelynn

Thank you everyone! Since my post the Weightloss resumed and I'm down 4.5 lbs in a week. I think I just don't drink enough Water. I started drinking more and bam the weight starting coming off. I still don't restrict my carbs as much as others because I do have lots of dairy (yogurt, cheese, etc) and I've been eating more veggies. I can't lie though, I do indulge in crackers from time to time. Habits are hard to break! But still absolutely no bread, Pasta, or rice. I feel good and my numbers are down so I must be doing something right ????

You're doing great. You will have these little pauses along the way, but it's a good idea to double check what you're doing like you are. I try to stick to 40 or less g of carbs per day and that works for me.

I also try to go low carb. My NUT said 100 grams or below.

Avoiding pastas, potatoes and sugars altogether and very careful with breads and tortillas.

@chasingpolaris what is the calorie range that you shoot for daily? I find that Protein agrees with my tummy much better if I have it simultaneously with some type of starch (protein alone hurts my stomach), so I haven't been doing low carb. I strictly track my calories every day, and they have been averaging around 600 per day.

Oops, that post was for @@chasingpolaris321