Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh, so disappointed with my holiday weight gain...

Hi and Happy New Year! I hope the holidays were good for everyone...I was wondering if anyone else gained over the holidays? I am a teacher so I've been home for two weeks now and have gained 6 pounds!!! I realize that being home, I eat way more than if I was working and of course I'm eating all the wrong foods, but I didn't think it would be so easy to gain 6 pounds in 2 short weeks! Looking for a way to jump start my weight loss again, any suggestions?

Back to basics...Track your food. Drink an afternoon shake (this really helps me - it really cuts that mid-afternoon craving for snacks). Walk, job, bike, whatever - move your body (my eating gets out of control when I don't work out). Make sure you're getting in your Water.

Don't let this derail your progress - be positive, be kind to yourself and get back on track.

I'm a teacher too, and time off is never good for me. I'm a total workaholic, so if im not working i really dont know what to do with myself. For spring break im planning my days so i have things to do other than think of food.

Today is a new day, this moment is a new moment. Press that refresh button and get to it!

anyone else gained over the holidays?

@@hisandhersleeves

you are not alone!!

I've read that other people on the board have gained over the holiday too :o

don't tell anyone, but i gained 4.2 lbs!!! :angry:

what is done is done :(

look toward the future

you gained 6 lbs over the holidays :mellow:

GET OVER IT :lol:

KNOCK IT OFF!! :lol:

you can't do anything to change/undo the past :mellow:

couple weeks vaca over the holiday

all of a sudden being home

food, food, food all over :angry:

temptations from the devil

dwelling/upset over your "temporary" weight gain doesn't help

go with the present and future

you can control both of those :)

i have confidence in you :)

you will get back on track :)

whatever your weight loss is congrats ;)

i'm sure you have been doing great :)

get back to "normal"

follow everything @@McButterpants said!!!

she's such a Smarty Pants :lol:

good luck bud

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I gained 4 pounds in one week while out of town over Christmas. I had no intentions of eating healthy so I knew it would happen. My diet basically consisted of sugar, fat and alcohol. I Came back home and got back on my normal eating plan (nothing drastic, just Protein, veggies, fruit and whole grains/avoid white carbs). I've already lost 1 pound. Just keep plugging away with what worked before the holidays. Pretty much like everyone else (WLS or not) does after pigging out.

I learned something over the holidays. My body still loves sweets! Ugh!!! I was told that I have about a 50/50 shot at still being able to tolerate sweets without issue. I am one of the lucky/unlucky ones.

Before surgery I was hoping that I would still be able to enjoy them on occasion. Now that its nearly 5 mths out I thought I would try them as a Christmas treat and see what happens. I was so excited that I could tolerate them when I had that iced sugar cookie. I thought that it is going to be so awesome to enjoy cake at birthday party and a little pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and, of course, that iced cookie at Christmas.

Then....a week after Christmas I realized that I liked that iced cookie every single night. Licked my fingers and enjoyed the mess out that iced cookie for 5 straight days!! So I pitched them...I pitched them all, and the chocolate covered cherries, buckeyes, brownies, and applesauce cake that my family so kindly sent home with me for me and my son. Its all gone.

I gained 1lb ...not sure if its Water or that sugar. I don't care, really. That 1lb scared the huey out of me because I was to the point in my little brain that I could have a sweet treat every single day instead of those special occasions. I heard of people gaining and I thought I would never do it. Scary.

My birthday is in January. My family usually does cake and coffee for me. This year I am going to ask them to meet me out for dinner. I can eat out and still maintain control....and I can skip dessert.

Lesson learned. But...who knows. Maybe a year from now I will have more control over that. For now I cant trust myself. Sweets will not enter this house for a long long time! Better safe than sorry.

Move forward and get back on track. And when your working out and tired....remember to push it even harder to make up for that indulgence!!

YOU GOT THIS!!

~LA