Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help. Sleeve was Monday. Feel like crap

I can't take but like two tiny sips of anything and I immediately burp. Also. If I have maybe a third dip it's too much. And I start having a horrible pain at the top of my abdomen below my boobs. Then I eventually throw up. Help. I feel awful. Wondering when I should call my doc. Will this get better?

Yes it will get better. Are you walking? Are you taking antiacids? Try slowing down your drinking. Take one sip and wait 2 minutes. then another/wait 2 minutes. If all goes well continue on. Make sure they are really small sips. If 2 is your limit wait 20 minutes and start over again. In between try doing hand raises as if you were lifting dumb bells at the gym. It sounds like your body is having a hard time working gas out. The arm movement and walking helps. Take it slow. As your body heals it will get easier.

Yes, slow down and allow yourself to burp after each sip. I sometimes put my hands on top of my head and walk a little bit, then that feeling goes away. I'm 16 days out and I rarely get that feeling anymore.

I just had my surgery done on Sunday. I know what you're talking about, although i can get a little more down than 2 sips. Burping definitely helps. Taking it slow is so hard when you feel like your starving! :/

I had my procedure same day as you. The pain is normal. Try to let yourself to burp out every time you sip. Get use to it and it will make you feel better. I even pushed my chest a little and made the burp come out longer.

When liquid goes down it make the air come up. Just keep taking in small sips. I've been taking in tea and ispopure clear Protein. They both go down smoother. I hope it gets better for you.

Our great future is ahead of us. ????????

Popsicles! They seriously saved me the first couple of days. The cold seemed to lessen the tightness from the swelling and I finally was getting liquids in. I was doing sugar free ones, but my doc said they didn't care if they were full sugar or what in the early days since you're going to be so low on total calories anyway, a little sugar or fat would help.

It gets better fast - hang in there!

@@jnfisher It def wouldn't hurt to let your surgeon know what's going on. Being hydrated is Really important so if you can't get fluids in then the Dr should know. If you take the two small sips and wait are you able to get a fair amount in, in a day? What are you drinking? Plain Water was really hard for me to get Down in the beginning so I sipped on coconut water (it's a really good hydrator) maybe you can try that?

I was sleeved 1 week before you on Dec 22nd. I still get that feeling when i sip without breaks and my abdomen just below my breast bone hurts. But it has progressively gotten better. I walked every 2 hours the first 2-3 days and now walk every hour. Even if it around the house that seems to help relieve gas pains. But the key is to constantly sip to make sure you are not dehydrated!

My surgury was on 29th also, I am fighting gas and Nausea all the time. I've been sucking Ice chips

and that slows the gas pain and I think I am getting enough fluids. I can tolerate about 2 OZ broth

which I stir my prilosec in, but the shakes all taste to sweet. Anyone know how long I can go with

enough Water but no Protein.< /p>

I felt demented for not being able to sip without swallowing air! It does get better every day. For whatever reason, early out hot and cold went down more easily than room temp, a little sweet or salty better than bland. Experiment and find what works for you.

Right now I know 24 oz of liquid is the minimum per day. When do we have to increase that?

You'll have to ask your nutritionist that. I was told from the very beginning to shoot for 64ounces with the understanding that I would have to work up to that amount.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I have started having that pain at the top of my abdomen and didn't realize it was gas. My nausea has finally subsided, thank God! I was pretty miserable the first couple of days, but it gets a little better each day. I am so thankful to be in touch with others going through this journey.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I have started having that pain at the top of my abdomen and didn't realize it was gas. My nausea has finally subsided, thank God! I was pretty miserable the first couple of days, but it gets a little better each day. I am so thankful to be in touch with others going through this journey.

. At this point that pain has pretty much subsided. But I'm vomiting a pretty good bit. I keep putting more in. But I don't feel great. Weak, and just uncomfortable. Am I alone in this? Im so ready to feel better and normal.