Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a couple days shy of 4 months & around the week of Christmas I noticed that I was starting to feel hungry. Like go drink some more Water & feeling wasn't gone. I am at a little stall this week only down .6 of a pound but I am sure I have gained muscle because clothes are fitting looser then weeks prior.

I am sticking well within my calorie allowance & eating acceptable foods for my program. Ie no intentional eating of carbs allowed until the start month 7 obviously some foods like yogurt innately contain carbs but you all get what I mean. I am also getting exercise in daily so just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Happy New Year to everyone????????

What is your calorie intake? I was told that mine will increase at 4-6 m po. Heck im 2m PO taking in 700 calories and I still have days where I'm hungry! That's ok. Just eat something good for you!

Yeah, I'm hungry a lot. And maybe it's b/c I never let myself get empty enough to feel hunger before, but it is a really painful hungry now! I have friends who have had surgery who say they are never hungry! That's not me! I probably eat 5-6 small meals on an average day.

My hunger returned about four months after my surgery. Luckily it's not usually as extreme as before. I just eat small planned Snacks between meals and try to drink more Water.

Some people are lucky and hardly ever experience hunger after surgery. We didn't catch that brass ring.

My nutritionist said to keep it around 800 calories still. I occasionally get about 1000 but it really depends on what I eat.

All meals are planned, Snacks are planned & I go thru Vitamin Water zero like no ones biz! And have lots of regular Water on top of that easily getting in the 64 ounces required by my program.

I think it's more related to my menstrual cycle because I have noticed in looking back at my food logs I was "hungry" but mostly head hungry on or around the week of that.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in to share their experiences!

I'm getting close to the five month mark and usually if I'm busy I don't even know I need food until I feel it in my body telling me I need something in my stomach. Now if I'm just watching TV my mind is always hounding me about how hungry I am.

Drink more fluids. I am 11 months out and still no hunger pains other than when I'm not drinking enough. My first few months were the same issue..alot of head hunger

ryn2bthin - I can't speak for the original poster, but what I experience is not head hunger. My stomach hurts. Really, really hurts. Not everyone's experience is the same post-surgery.