Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed/ soft food

So I just finished my 2 week liquid diet and am now on pureed foods. Tonight , New Years Eve, I had bites of things I probably shouldn't have had... a bite of pizza, some cheese, a couple bites of a cookie. My logic was if I chew it really good, it's the same as soft food. What bothered me, is once I tasted food, not liquid, I really had to fight the urge to eat. I mean not only are these foods not healthy, other than the cheese, I really shouldn't be eating any of it. I didn't feel any tightness or restriction, when does that kick in?

I had the same experience. TBH, it was at the end of my first real meal - like meat and vegetables that I had this holy mother of God feeling like there was something in my stomach trying to push it back up. I assume that is the 'restriction'.

After that, I stopped every 5 baby bites for several minutes to see if I was done... because I was looking for 'not hungry', never eating to full again.

@@Chubbyklink - It doesn't sound like you ate enough to feel any restriction. I have not had any foods I can't tolerate as of yet. I do feel restriction, but that only helps me not to overeat. It has nothing to do with making a bad food choice. That's up to you. You have to make better food choices. One slip up on a holiday won't hurt. It's about making good food choices 99% of the time. Even if you don't get sick from eating the wrong foods your body won't get the needed nutrients. That could lead to problem further down the line. So now you know you have to make good food choices. Start now planning how you can get enjoyable tastes out of foods that meet your dietary needs. If that gets to be too overwhelming you may need to seek counseling. You want to be able to use this tool to gain the most benefit.

You will know it when you feel it. Actual soft/mushy food (food that starts out that way) will tend to go down easier, this is what I have found with my sleeve. More denser foods will fill you faster.

I can eat 3oz of tunafish with a little light mayo and just feel satisfied not full. But 2-3oz of grilled chicken and I feel FULL. For me I feel it between my breasts the full feeling. It's weird I think. But when people say there is just a one bite difference between full and stuffed/overfull they are right.

You will learn as you go what works for your body and your body signals to listen to. For me I am so afraid of something not agreeing with Sherman (my daughter named my new tummy) that I have been following my docs orders to the letter pretty much. On one hand I am afraid of being sick and then on the other hand I am afraid Sherman will tolerate something not nutritionally good for me and I will eat that instead of what is better for me. Does that make sense??

I just really want to work this new tummy for all it's worth during these so called "golden hours" of weight loss!!

Good Luck in your journey!!!