Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date: January 21st

Hi two-week buddies...

It's been a while since I've posted. I feel like I started this topic and then went ghost. So today is officially two weeks post-op. I am up and down emotionally because sometimes I just feel weak from not consuming enough. I think because I struggle with getting the Protein down, plus my Water, and to be perfectly honest, I am so tired of cream Soups. I really started to evaluate my addiction to food over the last few days because I feel so bothered that I can't eat what everyone else is eating.

And what is with all the TV commercials? It's like every other commercial is food related. I don't eat beef or pork, but lately I've been dreaming about steak, and salads with steak, and the old restaurant Ponderosa! LOL!

Does anyone else have trouble with drinking enough Water, or Protein shakes?

I am counting down the days until I can move onto the puréed stage. All I keep thinking about is mashed potatoes.

The other frustrating thing is my scale isn't moving. Last week when I had my 1 week post-op appointment, I had only lost 5lbs since the surgery. Then I told my doctor I had been drinking Vitamin water and he pointed out that was hindering my progress because of the sugar it has. So now I've been drinking regular water but still no real movement, other than 2lbs on the scale. Feeling discouraged and emotional because I fear that my body is in survival mode because I can barely get the 80-100 grams of Protein down. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting out of this liquid diet phase.

Keep on striving everyone, and good luck!

@@Fatdiva14 OMG I feel the same way!!! The commercials are KILLING ME!

I would die if they wanted 80-100 g of Protein...mine wants at least 60 g, but I've been getting around 44 g a day. Today, though, the hunger is getting to me so I'm going to hit 66g.

The other liquids, they want 64 oz and I'm lucky if I hit 35. I drink Water and G2. I'm just dying to chew something!!!

I'm really going crazy and just want to get out of the darn house, but the snow is keeping me inside!

I just want pizza...every commercial is PIZZA....omg!!! I feel my addiction is getting worse since I can't eat anything. Having a very emotional day today. Just spilled my Protein Drink and cried. :-(

@@kathy0529

I was on 60-80 grams until I went to my appointment last week. I get about 80 grams right now. How are you able to drink a lot of liquids? Are you taking large sips? I try to sip slowly and my stomach makes noises and sometimes I burp in between. I'm trying to figure out if my stomach is trying to tell me to stop, or slow down. I fear I'm stretching my stomach...and that wouldn't be good.

I guess before the surgery I never realized how many food commercials existed, and now I just think it's quite excessive!

@@Fatdiva14 I don't get all they want me to have and I feel like I am drinking 24/7...stinks!

I can take large sips, but I thought this surgery wouldn't allow me to. God, I hope I'm not stretching this out! That would be my luck...go thru all this torture only to stretch it out so quickly. I'd be so bummed.

We're supposed to receive another 12-15 inches of snow, on top of the 44 inches that we rec'd w/in a weeks time so I have to call and reschedule my appointments for Monday. These were my first post op appointments since the surgery.

One major issue that I've been having, but seems to be getting better, is that when I take a shower, both my sides were killing me to the point where I had to sit down asap. Have you had any issue like this? It seemed to be better this morning, but I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else.

I've been getting down one Protein shake a day, so I've been trying to use cottage cheese and yogurt to get in the rest of my Protein. I'm hitting 50-60 (with 60-80 being my target), but I'm not terribly concerned. Once I can eat a little more variety, I know I'll be able to eat more protein-dense food.

I really need to up my liquid intake, too. I think part of the problem is the slow sipping. If I take too large of sips, I get nauseated. *Sighs* But at least I don't feel too sore anymore.

The only problem I've really encountered is with my Vitamins. The opurity ones were making me sick to the point where I eventually threw up. Then I tried the Flintstones chewable and had an allergic reaction to them that caused me to break out in hives for the last three days as it's been leaving my system. I'm going to switch to Celebrate chewable as soon as they come in the mail tomorrow.

@@Jewelgirl04 I'm doing much better on my Protein intake than the liquid, too. I've been having some hunger pains so I know I need the Protein which helps.

I started some food today - cottage cheese, banana and pudding. I unfortunately hated the oatmeal so that is out. I'm a very picky eater so that makes things difficult and limits my choices. Only one week of this, then I add a lot more - like chicken! - which will be for 3 weeks. Oh, and I can have eggs, too!!

Thank stinks that you had an allergice reaction to the Flintstones....I've been taking them for years and now that I'm taking the Vitamins, today was the first day to start, I'm super excited. To me they taste a little like candy.

Good Luck!

March 9 for me :)

I just got the Celebrate chewables and while they're not great, they're tolerable and don't make me sick. So that's a major plus, obviously. I think maybe it was the dye in the Flintstones Vitamins since small children seem to experience something similar.

That all being said, my sister came home from school with a head cold that my grandmother caught and despite my mother being adamant that they was their hands and use one delegated bathroom, my grandmother apparently does not care to cover her mouth and continued to use my bathroom. So needless to say, I was infected.

I'm sneezing a lot which is hurting my stomach, but the runny nose has subsided. What's worse is that I'm obviously not taking anything for this because I can't take pills. So just my Vitamins and my normal fluids, it is. I tried some wonton Soup (sans wontons), but it made me sick. I think it was the high oil content. I don't know.

Rough few days and the scale stopped moving. *sighs*

OK, so my op got postponed until the 26th January, but am now exactly 2 weeks past DDay and starting to feel a bit more human. I cannot drink cold Water, it hits my stomach and makes me feel so ill! Am actually beginning to like chicken broth, never thought I would say that. Still have some cravings for normal food, but so far so good. Was in pain for the first few days but am feeling so much better. There obviously is a lot of 'eyes bigger than my stomach' scenarios, even with liquids, this going to take some getting used to. Am losing weight have lost 7kgs so far, so am ecstatic. Starting to go walking now so hopefully will move some more weight. I have to admit I was pretty scared pre-op but now I am over the hill, can see a light at the end of the tunnel and although it was painful, nothing that we can't handle. So worth it.

@@kathy0529

I am so over the Protein shakes. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about them.

I have two more days before I can move onto the puréed stage.

As far as my side hurting, I haven't experienced any pain except when I lay a certain way. As far as the shower, I have been stepping into the shower backwards to take of the pressure on my stomach. Try that, and I hope you feel better!

@@Jewelgirl04

I am having issues with my Calcium citrate Vitamins. They are so chalky, and even though they are supposed to dissolve in your mouth, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm supposed to take 2 twice a day and can barely get through the first round.

@@Fatdiva14 I feel the same way about the Protein drinks. I'm forcing myself to have them. I'm basically sticking to the liquids cause I'm not enjoying the cottage cheese, I hated the oatmeal and I can't be bothered w/the pudding. :-( Definitely a downer.

I'm in Boston and we're getting another 20+ inches of snow....I haven't left the house since I got home from the hospital!! I'm going crazy and Wednesday I have my post op appointments. My issue is I don't know where to go for them. There are 2 hospitals and I left a message, but haven't heard back. I doubt the girl will be in tomorrow as there is no public transportation running! Of course my first appointment is at 8am, so no one will be in to verify where my appointment is.

I just want to get out of this darn house!!

I started taking my Vitamins and my Calcium ones are large so I only have to take them twice a day. The hospital gave me a pill splitter so that helps and I love Flintstones so those aren't an issue for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and use the snow blower. It's a small one and I'm hoping it will tackle some of this snow. I know shoveling will hurt, but I'm going to give the snow blower a try just to do something! I have to be able to get out on Wednesday!!

I've got mad cabin fever!

@@Fatdiva14 I feel the same way about the Protein drinks. I'm forcing myself to have them. I'm basically sticking to the liquids cause I'm not enjoying the cottage cheese, I hated the oatmeal and I can't be bothered w/the pudding. :-( Definitely a downer.

I'm in Boston and we're getting another 20+ inches of snow....I haven't left the house since I got home from the hospital!! I'm going crazy and Wednesday I have my post op appointments. My issue is I don't know where to go for them. There are 2 hospitals and I left a message, but haven't heard back. I doubt the girl will be in tomorrow as there is no public transportation running! Of course my first appointment is at 8am, so no one will be in to verify where my appointment is.

I just want to get out of this darn house!!

I started taking my Vitamins and my Calcium ones are large so I only have to take them twice a day. The hospital gave me a pill splitter so that helps and I love Flintstones so those aren't an issue for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and use the snow blower. It's a small one and I'm hoping it will tackle some of this snow. I know shoveling will hurt, but I'm going to give the snow blower a try just to do something! I have to be able to get out on Wednesday!!

I've got mad cabin fever!

OMG--I'm in Boston too. It's AWFUL! I totally feel your pain. I'm 3+ weeks post-op and it's been so bad I've only schlepped out to the gym once...and I used to be a 4-or-5 times a week gal. And it's not like you can "go for a walk"...ugh.

I was sleeved Jan 29th! I've been introducing soft cheeses into my diet and they're going well, and I just had a little piece of chicken and it went down with no problems. I'm pretty sick of drinking Water, though.

I'm in the unfortunate boat now where my grandmother and sister both came down with an illness that I've now contracted. Nausea on and off, but a sore throat ALL the time. And I can't really take anything for it, so it's just a lot of suffering through it. The good news is that I'm drinking a lot of tea and miso Soup to help with it, but it's killing my ability to get in my Protein. *sighs heavily*

I used to like the strawberry Protein shakes before the surgery, but now I find them just too damn sweet and of course, I ran out of the chocolate. It's been so snowy and icy that I can't get to the store to get more chocolate, so I'm trying to make do.

If you're having trouble with the Protein Shakes, my nutritionist told me that I could blend into mine some powdered Peanut Butter like PB2 to help spice up the taste and make it more enjoyable.