Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date: January 21st

@@time4change15

My surgery was great. I didn't have much pain. I was very nauseous and vomited in the recovery room, then after the leak test yesterday and once again in my room.

I was finally given my liquid lunch at 12 noon yesterday and then I was discharged.

So far so good. Other than the burning sensation from the gas, and nausea, I am doing fine. The Gas X strips are finally working the gas out of my system.

@@kathy0529

My surgery went earlier than scheduled. Initially I was scheduled for 1pm, but the hospital called me at 8:45am and asked me to get there as soon as I could. My husband drove me there and we arrived about 9:30am. They immediately called me in the back and started my vitals, hooking me up to the IV and they rolled me to the OR around 11am.

I woke up with a crazy feeling that the surgery didn't take place. For some reason I thought I would be in more pain, which keeps me thinking nothing happened!

It went so fast. I still feel like I'm dreaming. But we are now officially on the losers bench!

Today has definitely been an improvement for me. I find that I'm thirsty and able to have 4 oz. portions of Soup or drinks at a time. I haven't needed my nausea meds since 7am this morning and I'm just a little sore still. The incision where they removed the portion of my stomach is the one that hurts, but I don't think it's enough to need pain meds for.

I chopped up my Vitamin in quarters and didn't gag, so that was a major improvement.

AND! I slept through the night! That was the biggest improvement of all!

How are you all hanging in there?

Hey Everyone...just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I'm hanging in and am very tired. I do have a lot of discomfort and am not doing too great w/sleeping since I'm not a back sleeper. I'm so jealous @@Jewelgirl04 that you slept thru the night!! I was able to sleep a little on my side w/a blanket under my stomach that got me a couple of extra hours. I pretty much get up @ 5:30am and doze in the recliner.

I've been telling people what I've done and they're all very supportive and happy for me which is nice.

Getting all the fluids in is difficult, but I'm doing my best. :-)

I hope everyone's success continues!!!

@@Jenngf5 Good to hear from you and glad you're doing well!

@@kathy0529 I'm not really a back sleeper either, more of a side and stomach. I found that when I put a pillow over the crease between the cushion and the arm of the chair and then two more on the arm of the chair for my head, I can sleep on my back or side. Maybe that or a similar position will help you?

I'm struggling to get in my Protein intake because I'm being extra cautious about not overfilling my stomach. I got up to 35/40 g yesterday and I was proud of myself for that. It'll be much easier when I get to the soft foods stage in 2.5 weeks because those are far more Protein dense per oz than the Isopure or any of the Soups I'm making with Protein powder. The Fluid intake has been easier for me because I'm sipping G2 in arctic glacier, which was a childhood favorite of mine that I never drank as an adult because it was so high in calorie. And I also love my peach tea crystal light!

The few friends and family members I've told have been very supportive of me. I was fortunate to have met a lot of women who've had the sleeve during my PT job at Torrid (plus-sized clothing store) and their advice prepared me for what I was coming into as far as pain and exhaustion goes. I've had limited nausea still, so I feel fortunate.

The only weird thing is that I have this weird feeling of like a lump in my throat last night and today. Could it be soreness from the tube from the surgery finally kicking in? Hmm.

@@Jenngf5 Good to hear from you and glad you're doing well!

@@kathy0529 I'm not really a back sleeper either, more of a side and stomach. I found that when I put a pillow over the crease between the cushion and the arm of the chair and then two more on the arm of the chair for my head, I can sleep on my back or side. Maybe that or a similar position will help you?

I'm struggling to get in my Protein intake because I'm being extra cautious about not overfilling my stomach. I got up to 35/40 g yesterday and I was proud of myself for that. It'll be much easier when I get to the soft foods stage in 2.5 weeks because those are far more Protein dense per oz than the Isopure or any of the Soups I'm making with Protein Powder. The Fluid intake has been easier for me because I'm sipping G2 in arctic glacier, which was a childhood favorite of mine that I never drank as an adult because it was so high in calorie. And I also love my peach tea crystal light!

The few friends and family members I've told have been very supportive of me. I was fortunate to have met a lot of women who've had the sleeve during my PT job at Torrid (plus-sized clothing store) and their advice prepared me for what I was coming into as far as pain and exhaustion goes. I've had limited nausea still, so I feel fortunate.

The only weird thing is that I have this weird feeling of like a lump in my throat last night and today. Could it be soreness from the tube from the surgery finally kicking in? Hmm.

I started having reflux right after my son (who is now 10) was born. The only symptom I ever have is a lump-like pressure at the bottom of my throat/neck. Are u taking anything for reflux?

I started having reflux right after my son (who is now 10) was born. The only symptom I ever have is a lump-like pressure at the bottom of my throat/neck. Are u taking anything for reflux?

I am... omeprazole, I think. This is the first time I've felt it. It's almost feels like when I know I'm getting a sore throat. It's only when I swallow. Never thought it was reflux. Hmm.

I was sleeved the 20th! Everything went smoothly. I haven't had any pain except for the gas build up. As long as I don't try to drink too fast the gas issue is non existent. I have had zero hunger. Forcing myself to get my Protein in- have been able to get 60 oz of protein a few of the days. All in all it's been great. Dropped 12 lbs in 5 days so far. No issues sleeping either- however I have chosen to sleep sitting up on the couch. Wishing yall much success!

So glad to hear you're doing well, @@joshwah! My hunger has been minimal too... just a few cravings while watching TV. Stupid fast food commercials!

I think I've lost close to 5 lbs so far! The Losers' bench is a wonderful place!

Woot! One week out for all of us as of tomorrow. How are you guys feeling?

NON scale SUCCESS! I was sleeved the 19th. Feeling better every day. Gas feelings/too full feelings went away. Getting my fluids and Protein in.

And today I am feeling my first non-scale success....

#1-my husband says try on your Columbia-I said "no no no" it hasn't fit in 2+ years. I felt bad cuz he bought it for me-well out of fat habit I took off my cardigan and put it on and it ZIPPED WITH EASE!!! So thrilled. Wearing it out tonight!

#2 Girlfriend wanted to do lunch and she does not know about sleeve. Told her sure but I am still on soup/squishy food. I went to lunch, ordered the Soup n salad bar and had two cups of Soup and a few sips of Water in two hours with little questions. She only knows about the hernia surgery. Yay!

Feeling great.

Good for you, @@Jenngf5! I I finally closed the bottom button on my peacoat today! I'd been able to do it for the past two months, but this time it didn't pull! :D

I think we're all two weeks out now, at least. How are you all doing? I FINALLY dropped into ONE-derland this morning at 198.6! :-D

@@Jewelgirl04 That's great!! Congrats!

I'm tired every day and going stir crazy since I've been snowed in!! I have my post op appointment on Monday, along w/my nutrition group, but I'm not sure I'll make it since we're expecting more snow!! UGH.

I haven't reached my full amount of liquids or Proteins yet. I feel like I'm drinking 24/7. On Saturday I can finally have some cottage cheese, oatmeal and banana (there's more on the list, but this is all I like).

I have to say that I am hungry which bothers me cause I hope that doesn't mean all of this didn't work.

Oh and I have to say that all the commercials and shows before the Super Bowl (Yeah Patriots!!) didn't help! OMG, I can't believe all the ads for food!! I'm trying to keep my mind off of it, but my hunger is starting to make me obsess which, again, doesn't make me happy.

Oh well, just going to try and get thru this hurdle. Glad you are doing well!! :)