Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date: January 21st

@@kathy0529 I'm thankful to only be staying one night and to have avoided the drain. I've gone through two ACL reconstruction surgeries, so I'm hoping that my pain tolerance is as high as I remember it being. I used to get yelled at by my doctor for walking without crutches after a week!

I'm in my last semester of law school. Ideally, I would have had the surgery over my winter break, but my insurance company's requirement was a six month pre-op period and my first doctor's appointment was in early August. So... I missed by a little. Considering I'm taking the bar exam at the end of July, it was either now (two weeks into the semester) or wait until August. I was DONE waiting.

I'm the 21st too!!!! Omg....its almost here!!!

I'm the 21st too!!!! Omg....its almost here!!!

OMG...to all of us scheduled for the 21st...we have exactly 2 more days. I am extra nervous now! I think I am going to pack my bag tonight. I've just been drinking my Water and Protein and trying not to think so much about it! We are almost there!

Edited by Fatdiva14

@@kathy0529

We are 2 days away! I have the same concerns. I started taking the Biotin supplements two weeks ago. I am praying there is no hair loss. My hair is so healthy now, I can't imagine loosing it. As far as everything else, I am just pacing my thoughts.

Last Friday was my last day at work, and my leave starts tomorrow because I am having the IVC filter placed tomorrow morning.

I will be taking the full 6 weeks my dr. recommends, and I'll see how it goes, whether I want to go back before March 9th. Our journey begins in 48 hrs. Woohoo!

@Fatdiva14 @kathy0529

Ah! Less than 48 hours to go! I stocked up on Isopure today, along with crystal light and sugar free Jello mix to use with my Isopure to make Protein jello! I should probably spend part of tomorrow making Jello in dixie cups. *snorts* BARIATRIC JELLO SHOTS FOR ALL!

My scheduled surgery date is on the 22nd! Good luck to everyone, we're in this together!

Just got my date today, January 26! Sooooo excited and ready!

Me too, 26th January. Am nervous as hell, but excited too. Good luck.

@@monopoly2015

Yay! So exciting. We are a day apart. I was told to start my pre-op diet on Jan. 7th. We can do this.

@Jewelgirl04@Fatdiva14

Got my time for surgery - 3:30pm. I have to be at the hospital @ 1:30pm.

Pretty emotional thinking about it....Good luck to everyone whose surgery is coming soon!!!

I'm sleeved. Still trying to digest it all, but all is good.

@fatdiv@fatdiva14 how was your pain after the procedure? How is your pain today? I will be sleeved within 3 weeks and I just want to get an idea of what to expect.

@@Fatdiva14 me, too! Surgery ended up being 2 hours later than scheduled which was a bummer. Had a breakdown when they said we were ready. I am completely exhausted and the nausea has been my biggest problem. I have to say that the nurses at my hospital are amazing!

Sorry for the tmi, but when I'm upright, I get nauseous and then I dry heave, but it's cause of the gas and then I burp and its a little better. No vomiting.

I'm sipping Water and am getting ready to do a 2nd walk.

I have to drink 2 8 ounce Protein Drinks in order to get discharged so I plan on starting at 5 or 6 am so I can get out.

Hope you are doing well.

Hi @@Fatdiva14 @@kathy0529 @@tailoredsleeve ! I hope you're all doing well!

Can you believe my insurance approval went through on 1/20 at 3:30pm?!? Talk about going down to the wire!

I got to the hospital at 12:15 and things moved very fast. I was in surgery within an hour. My nurses were amazing (one of whom got sleeved a few years ago and recently had a baby, the other is getting sleeved next month) and took great care of me.

I woke up from surgery feeling like I got hit by a bus (to be honest), but the nurse in recovery started me on meds for nausea and pain right away. I didn't feel like that ever again.

I was really groggy while in the hospital, kept dozing on and off. But that was because of the anesthesia and the pain meds I was requesting. Occasionally, I got nauseated, but nothing too terrible.

I feel like a whole different person now that I'm home. Finding a position to sleep in is hard and the best situation I've found for sitting is with my legs over the edge of the bed, but I'm not in agony. That much I can say for sure.

I have a little pain at the incision site (where the portion of the stomach was removed), but the only pain I really feel is the gas pain. I've got a lot of rumbling going on in my stomach, so I'm hoping I'll be through that part soon.

It was hard to drink my liquids yesterday because i was still experiencing a little nausea, but I've been able to tolerate much more today... G2, Isopure (the mango peach I can HIGHLY recommend), a little Protein Jello (one cup of cold Isopure in place of the cold cup of Water in the SF Jello recipe), and some chicken broth with unjury powder.

The most difficult thing for me to take was the damn chewable vitamin! The thing is the size of an ice cube and chalky as HELL. Maybe tomorrow, I'll split it in half and eat one piece at a time.

I find that getting up and walking around is oddly when I'm the most comfortable, so I've been trying to do that.

Also, if you get on the scale and you're WAY up in weight, don't panic! I was getting pumped with 150 mL/hour in my IV and came home 10 pounds heavier than when I got in. I'm peeing CONSTANTLY (read: every 10-15 minutes after struggling to go for six hours in the hospital) and have dropped about 9 of those pounds. So DON'T panic.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing okay. <3