Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just came back from a 10 day vacation and you know I splurged. I didn't over eat, but I ate everything that is possibly bad for me. I guess you may call it the "last supper" syndrome. :huh:

So today I started my first day on the "pre-op" diet. I had a Protein shake for Breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner. As a snack I am going to allow myself a cup of Soup (cream of chicken). :P

Technically, my pre-op diet is 14 days long and nothing but Protein shakes, sugar free liquids and no caffeine. So I am sneaking in the cup of Soup in there because I need to taste something other than chalky Protein powder & milk.

I am going through mix emotions. This morning I was so hungry that I was regretting the pre-op diet and surgery. I was in my "F***it" mood. But I stuck by it and in a very grumpy mood I did my shake. :angry:

Then for lunch I took an "on the go" shake. I had errands to run and I felt energetic, and light. I felt good. Then when I return home, I know it is dinner time and my boyfriend needs to eat. So we went to do light groceries. -_-

You know, it is amazing what you take for granted! I don't eat fruit, I was staring at that banana as if it was talking to me. Then I glanced at the oranges and said to myself, damn that looks good. Then I looked at the hummus. I hated hummus. Well, guess what? I could eat hummus with a shovel right now. Wheat crackers, wheat bread, soup, lean turkey. GOOD GOD, why have I been so bad? Why did I not eat healthier before?

So here I am waiting for my boyfriend to pick up his deli sandwich and I am staring at the olive buffet.(different kind of olives, self serve). I tell my boyfriend..."What I would give to suck on a big fat olive!" So not fair. :blush:

So in the car, as we were going home I was thinking....you know? This sucks. I am basically punshing myself. I have been such a bad girl with my eating habits all this time that now, NOW I am going to punish my body by starving it into Protein Shakes and cutting up my organ. What kind of Sh**T is that? I pout. (notice the negativity kicking in) <_<

I came home and to be honest I have had the runs. First day on pre-op and nothing put Protein shakes and I have the runs? Why? Is this normal?

Anywho- I come out of the bathroom all grumpy and my boyfriend is scooping chocolate Protein Powder in a glass and I asked him what was he doing? He said "making you dinner". And he did.

I have been drinking it sitting on my computer why he endulges on a deli sandwich in the living room. I cannot sit with him right now. But the shake did take the edge off.

Tommorrow is my first day back to work and it is going to be very challenging to say the least. UGH. :wacko:

post-234904-0-65190000-1419890996_thumb.jpg

Once when I was on a high Protein, no carb/no fruit diet, I actually started to cry in the middle of the produce section at the grocery store because all the fruit looked SO FREAKIN' GOOD!! Even fruit I don't normally like, like pears -- I had to leave and go wait for hubby in the car because I was literally sobbing in anguish -- how weird is that??? sheesh... So, while I have no advice, I *do* understand -- hang in there!!

Same diet but I was allowed broths. Yes on the runs. Had them for 12 days. Tomorrow is my surgery. Good luck! You can do it.

Pre op is the worst part of this whole process. Put your chin down and shoulders forward and surge on! You can do this!

Same diet but I was allowed broths. Yes on the runs. Had them for 12 days. Tomorrow is my surgery. Good luck! You can do it.

You have got to be kidding me? The runs for 12 days? Good Lord.....I don't want that. LOL

You have got to be kidding me? The runs for 12 days? Good Lord.....I don't want that. LOL

Yeah it was terrible. Hopefully yours is a one day thing.

OMG are you my twin!! My surgery is and I am in the middle of a sobbing match today with all my Protein Drinks and my lean cuisine tonight!!! Every emotion possible today bawling at the slightest thing!!! Husband and two daughters and they have to eat so I have a house full of food and I'm only allowed Protein drinks and a lean cuisine.... I was staring at our fruit bowl today crying... My doing in my starving myself why can I just go on this Protein Shake forever... But you and I both know that will gain it all back plus some after the diets over because something else will look so good usually chocolate cake and will gain it back tenfold.... I'm going to tough it out cry feel miserable have my surgery next week and things I think will get a lot better.... Pick college friend lost close to hundred 25 pounds getting the vertical sleeve.... She looks great and feel so much better about herself... Nine months out he's able to eat proportionately, leads of protein and then the vegetables.... Right now I'll eat any vegetable that's put in front of me!!! ❤️❤️❤️