Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any NYE sleevers?! Less the 48 hours til show time!

At my awesome surgeons office for my preop appt. I'm 5'1", started my clear liquid diet 12/17 at 284.7# and weighted in today at 272. I'm hoping to slide into the 260s right before surgery. So excited!!! Vsg schedule for NYE @ 9 am.

I started my Pre-op the same day and looking forward to Bringing in the New year healthier. My Surgery is scheduled for New Years Eve also. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have struggled with the liquid diet for these two weeks. This also makes me question how I am going to be after the surgery and have I wasted my time. I wish you the best and look forward to conquering this journey with you!

What an awesome way to start 2015! Good luck to you both and let us know how you are doing!!

@@Robin Shelton how are you feeling?!! I have amazing butterflies! I'm so excited and trying to stay positive. ???? I have two little boys 2 and 4. My amazing family is going to help with them and I'll have my DH all to myself????. I'm at work and can't even focus... Haha!

Hi,

I go in tomorrow for my sleeve at 5;45

@@snsLoreen I am feeling anxious. I am working today also and cant stop watching the phone. I haven't gotten the call from hospital with my surgery time yet. This whole experience has been the best feeling. Knowing that in less than 24 hours, my new life will have begun. The support from our families are important to our success but making the right choices are individual choices. That's the part that scares me the most. Am I strong enough to do this? I want to say YES! I have 4 teenagers and they are ready to try new foods and workout. They have been long ready to have their healthy mom back. And with a VERY supportive spouse, I say..LET THE GOOD TIMES BEGIN!! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! Please keep me posted on how your doing. :D

Long post alert!! So I'm finally home. Procedure went great. I'm having an issue of not passing gas at all and let me tell you I was walking my butt off in that hospital. My nurses said I was the poster child for this procedure. I was up walking every two or three hours for 30 minutes. Tolerating liquid well. I just remember rolling into the OR after they gave me something to calm me in the holding area. I looked up at the lights and was out. Woke up in recovery, no nausea. Tolerable pain with a pain pump. They had these little pink sponges on sticks that had a mint flavor in ice Water to moisten my mouth cause one of the shots they gave stopped saliva from producing. Hello cotton mouth. I was up the first night every 45 minutes trying to pee unsuccessfully until the morning of day two. Rocking in my chair now at home and boy are the bubbles moving. I had my surgery at Alexian brothers Med Center in elk grove Illinois on 12/31. It took 1hour and 15 minutes. My surgeon was Dr Paul Guske. He was fenominal and kept my family informed. He found a hernia while in there and repaired it as well. I have 6 little incisions across my abdomen. The blood thinner injections are easy peasy, i was terrified of these.

I have already dropped on the scale too.

Before preop diet 284.7

Post 2 week liquid diet 272.3

Today 269.3

Height 5'1"

Age 26.

Yay!!! So happy it's finally done. My family, especially my husband have been wonderful with helping out. I'm a happy girl. Now if I could only pass gas ????

Edited by snsLoreen

Hi,

Ive been home since Friday night, they wanted to keep me one more day

but i talked them into sending me home.

My surgery was dec. 31.

I dont have any hunger at all but still have some of my surgery gas.

it will be great to feel normal again. I live in upstate NY (Rochester).

Happy, grateful for the surgery but will miss not having my 15month old

grandson over. I will have to skype with him. My daughter could bring him in

but he would not understand the rejection of me not picking him up when

he puts his arms up for me to put him in my lap and rock him.

The best thing i can do for myself is heal and get thru the 6 weeks of no more

than 10lbs lifting. I do have a new prayer in life for a speedily recovery for all

bariatrics.