Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can't do this

I am nearly 2 years post op and I am at a holt with my weight loss. I have 18lbs to go and Its been the same for the past 4 months. I can't lose weight at all no matter what I do or try. I have a lot of extra skin that could be the problem but I still have body fat that has to go. Veteran sleevers help me out what can I do. I can use all the help and advice I can get. On top of all that my boyfriends mom said that I am getting fat. Mind you no one knows I had this procedure not even my boyfriend and for her to say I am getting fat has caused me extreme depression. I starting to feel like the old me before surgery; depressed, down. hating my body and wanting to eating everything I see since she sad that, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

post-169578-0-23278700-1419811563_thumb.jpg

Weight loss does slow down after the 1st year or so but is possible to loose more. It is all about going back to basics, Protein, protein, protein, veggies and minute amount of carbs. No sugar if possible... You can do this just refocus. As far as people telling you your gaining weight, just take it as feedback and smile and let that help you get back on track. It's all about refocusing. That is what I have todo right now. refocus and cut the sweets out. Also I have to cut portion size too. It is always going to be like this and I know I can do and so can you. you've done all this so far so just keep it up and get on track with proteins...... :)

I also found it more difficult to lose after the first 18 months. I do think it's possible, though. We just have to work even harder. You are reasonably close to goal, and that makes it harder. Measure and weigh your food, and track it. Monitor your weight. Protein first. Increase your activity.You know the rules.

Ignore your boyfriends mother. That's none of her business if you are gaining or not. Never let another individual influence your weight in that way.

Also, know you are not alone. I've been hanging on to the last few pounds quite a while myself.

I met my first goal weight of 185 after 9 months. My body didn't seem to any to lose any more and I stayed at 185 for a year. I got up to 189 after Thanksgiving and decided to get to my second goal weight of 173. I did a reset with Protein Shakes. Cut out all Snacks and upped my exercise to 60 min a day. I've lost 15 pounds this month!! I didn't lose 15 pounds a month after surgery! It can be done!

Thanks for all the helpful advice sleevers. I have gone back to my Protein shake today. I thought I was pass that phase of the sleeve process. I don't eat sweets they still make me sick especially pure sugar. So that's not my problem. My problem is carbs (bread, rice and pasta). But I cutting those out again.

I will do my best to ignore my boyfriend mother but she says it constantly. It hurts a bit because I know how hard I worked to even get to the point I am at now.

thank you all for the love and support!!!!

can't do this

@@msreaina

of course you can and will :)

first off kudos on losing 119 lbs :)

sorry you have been stalled for the past 4 months

unfortunately we all know that stalls do happen :angry: but saying that doesn't help you any :wacko:

as far as your boyfriend's mother - OMG

what a sweetie is she :angry:

you have done terrific :)

beautiful pic ;)

it could be hard for you - but try and speak up to eventually have her shut up

she doesn't need to know about WLS -

but "remind" her that you have lost 119 lbs - you think thats great and ........

sorry can't think of the right words to finish the sentence, but please try and speak up for yourself (i know easier said than done

Don't let her win by giving into your new frustrations because of her comments

she says this constantly??? :angry:

can't get over how a person would be so rude/nasty

try not to get sad, depressed etc - causing you to "find" the goodies/refrig :angry:

don't let her get the better of you :angry:

don't listen to her nasty comments

of course i know this is easier said than done :(

have you told your boyfriend how you feel, that his mother is insulting you??

she's being hurtful etc

couldn't "your" (boyfriend say something to your mom - to basically keep your opinions to yourself

he should/must say something in your defense

no, not in your defense - but come to your aid and say how hurtful she is being to someone he loves?/very close, wonderful feelings towards you

he must realize you are not fat, and that his mom is hurting your feelings

easier said then done, try not to let this women hurt you

she is wrong/inconsiderate/rude/STUPID to say anything to you at all :angry:

as far as losing another 18 lbs - it might take a while - but you can do it!!!

but as @@Ms skinniness (by the way, nice to see you again :) ) correctly said.........

Weight loss does slow down after the 1st year or so but is possible to loose more.

i have confidence you will continue to be successful!

best of luck to you :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Best of luck to you dear, You are looking wonderful, and BFs mom needs to mind her own business. Sounds like she is objectafying you by talking about your body and not your lovely heart and mind. Don't let her bring you down, you are always worth being nice to no mater what your body size. Chin up! You take care of yourself.

I'm afraid I would have to say something politely to her like "No, actually I haven't gained any weight. I watch what I eat and I am careful to eat healthy. Thank you for caring"