Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went in for first fill..but NOOOOOO

Hi all, went yesterday for first fill but didnt get one. They said I was doing so good that they wanted to ride it out and see if they could get away with not filling me for as long as possible. I was quite dissappointed until I got home and realized that is the best thing. If I can lose this much weight without fill then I should continue on and see how much more I can lose without any fill. I guess I am a little upset thinking that I could of done this without surgery, but then I realize that is the lie sneaking up on me and I could NOT do this without surgery. I could lose the weight, just not keep it off. Has anyone else not got a fill and not gained back a lot of the inital weight loss. I explained that I was getting hungry every 3 hours and they said that was perfect. I thought it was every 4-5 that was good. Deanna

As long as you are still losing you really don't need a fill. If you start stalling or getting really hungry, then I would get one. You're doing great without one!

Good for you for staying positive. I would have had a serious confrontation with the doctor/nurse who sent me away. In fact, I would not have let them send me away without a fight. Personally, I think that if you are getting hungry in less than 4 hours between meals, then you need a fill. As everyone says, the band is a tool and if you don't have good restriction, then it's not going to work optimally for you. Have you ever tried using a wrench without tightening it to fit around the bolt you're trying to unscrew? Of course not. The band is designed to be tightened to restrict your hunger. I say use it the way it is intended.

Well, I am going to see how I do this week and then call them if I am getting any hungrier. I just dont want to regain all of the 35 pounds that I have lost with pre op diet and post op liquid mushy stage. Hopefully I can hold out without gaining...Deanna Thank you two for your responses.

Getting hungry every 3 hours is fine if you plan on 5 or 6 meals a day, or meals and Snacks. If you want to do 3 meals a day only, prolly you do want a fill to help with that.

I need help. I had my first fill 5/23. I still can eat anything and I do not know what to do. I am always feeling hungry and I can eat anything. I have to watch myself. I have started back to my old habits of snacking. I do not seem to get full at all. I also gained 2.5 lbs which have really made me down. It just seem like I am hungry all the time and not full.

I've read SEVERAL posts where people haven't needed a fill at all. I only have .8cc and right now I'm happily restricted.

It just all depend - you're losing GREAT weight - congrats!! :confused:

I have a 4cc band but I only have .9cc in mine and I am very satisfied. I don't think I will need one for a long time. Your doing great!

Has anyone had issues with their insurance companies not paying for fills? This has been a nightmare for me. They approved me for the surgery and state that the fills are approved but the surgery center where i have been given the fills are an out of network facility and will not pay. This is the craziest thing i have yet to have to deal with. Any suggestions?

I have Omnipaque solution in my band instead of saline. Omnipaque is just a thicker solution. I was having a problem with losing saline and now with the Omnipaque I have not had a problem at all. I am currently at 4.2cc in my 4cc band and finally found my sweet spot!

Good luck everyone I know we can do it!

Kim

Banded 1/26/07

Dr Spivak, Houston

236/197/165

.png